Happy Thursday,
I thought I would share this card today as I demoed this technique on the shows earlier this week.
If you missed the show then I thought I should explain this technique as its great with any embossing folder but really works with the cut and emboss style.
I used three colours of PIGMENT ink ( its really important to use a slow drying ink as opposed to standard dye based ink. I tapped the ink, like inking a stamp, on the flat side of the folder using the darkest blue at the top, a mid blue in the middle and a light green at the base. Once the folder was covered I embossed a piece of 300gsm card which transfers the colours to the card whilst embossing the design and cutting the doorway out of the centre.
I added some starflowers cut form card I had coloured using the Izink liquid inks and my large media plate. This gives this really dreamy quality to the flowers perfect I thought for using with fairy stamps?!?
I finished the card really simply with the idea of adding a sentiment once I decide who Im sending it to. I think the colours on this require a very simple set of layers and a smaller card let your work shine!
Enjoy...
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you a lovely card, John the flowers look scarey lol they belong on a gothic card. Take care and have fun Kitty.
Ps John I hope you don't think I am being critical, sorry it just the points which by the way are beautiful.
Hi John
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card.
Jan
Morning John, gorgeous card love the colours.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hello John, a really lovely card today, love this folder, would be great for wedding cards, and the sheen on the flowers is gorgeous. Have a good day everyone. Bx
ReplyDeleteFabulous card John, lovely colours.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Another lovely card John.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteAnother great card, really like it.
Have a good day
Patricia xxx
Lovely card today.
ReplyDeleteMichele
So beautiful. I love the colours. xxx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John. Colours and flowers are lovely..
ReplyDeleteJoycex
Morning John, beautiful as always, lovely demo on this too. Hope you enjoyed your afternoon luxury tea it looked scrumptious.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card, great colours.
B xx
Good morning John I like this folder though see it more for a pearl type card and weddings or looking through to a garden scene rather than the inking but that shows the versatility as we all have different ideas. Love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Beautiful card John, love the colours
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Gorgeous, my skype playing up, do you have Whats app
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card and love the technique you did.
ReplyDeleteHugs Helen xx
Great card I failed miserably when I tried this technique Maybe I was using the wrong ink ...
ReplyDeleteLovely card
ReplyDeleteJune Horrocks
Really beautiful card John, would be great for a wedding card.
ReplyDeleteYeh, was finally able to order my starflower and leaves dies yesterday, can't wait to start using them.
Morning John, fabulous card, love the colour combination and the Star flowers just add that finishing touch.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Morning John, sorry not been posting as I have had the terrible virus that's going around, It's knocked me for six.
ReplyDeleteLovely cards.
Lydia
X
I thought this card so beautiful when shown on Hochanda, a design for many occasions, Kate x
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card John. I didn’t order this one as couldn’t see I would use it but perhaps I should have. Thank you for explaining how it was made. Have got a lot of pigment inks so must try this on one of the other folders. Thank you for sharing this. Take carexxx
ReplyDeleteHi John this is a stunning card I love it. The colours are beautiful. I will give this technique a try though I might not have the right ink. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHelloJohn,
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card! Thank you for explaining and showing so clearly how you achieved it. It has an almost ethereal look . Very pretty indeed!!
Many thanks,
Love Myra xx
Hi John lovely card I love the colours & the metallic sheen on the flowers
ReplyDeleteHi John,Another beautiful card,the new folders are so versatile and different I might even take the plunge into the inking world !!Love it.Stay healthy and happy Lots of Love Barbara D xxx
ReplyDeleteWow, this is stunning! Creative Blessings, Tracy x
ReplyDeleteHi John. I think this is a really stunning card and for me, the starflowers are the "star" of the show!
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteThis card is amazing! I love the letterpress technique and like the star flowers on this one. You are right the star flowers will look amazing with fairy stamps.
I am very lucky that I managed to get the star flowers from Mrs Duck's shop. They are on their way and I can't wait to play with them! xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteGorgeous as ever love it.
Hug's Lynda x
john i love this and really enjoyed watching you demo it, love those colours and how well they blend. You made it look so easy.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletea beautiful and stunning card.
I love your superb design and the colours look amazing and those flowers sparkle beautifully.
This would make a gorgeous wedding card.
Nearly finished my Granddaughter's card I am quite pleased with how it turned out so far I have used my media plate design in the middle of the aperture.
Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.
A truly beautiful card John. I don't have the dies for making this one but maybe I should rectify that .
ReplyDeleteMarie P.