Happy Tuesday,
I've titled todays post bursting with ideas as firstky todays card literally bursts out and secondly because I am bursting with ideas for this year. I have been drawing, testing refining and finishing loads of new products for this year over the Christmas Period and I've still got loads of ideas coming its amazing wart a break and the support of some brilliant people Special mention to Jane and Peter smith who both help in very different ways!
Back to todays card and I have to admit this idea was suggested to me at a demo last year however I'm really sorry I can't remember who ( please feel free to claim responsibility if you are reading this!) The suggestion was cutting the smaller corner die from my sandwich box die set 4 times in a square and then folding out the resultant panels. Well here is the finished card!
I cut the opening panel in silver lustre card against the fabulous Yale Blue lustre card cutting a smaller square panel shaping the panels with a ball tool to hold their shape, thats the great thing about this die it can be tessellated in many ways to make different shapes and patterns, for the centre.
I added a set of frames in the same Yale and Lustre card using the Press Cut stitch dot squares and plain squares for the nested frame look.
I added my Starflower Dies ( Now back in stock at the Warehouse so should be available soon Im hoping to have some on my Hochanda show on the 8th & 9th January) cut alternately in the Yale and Lustre cards.
I put a large flower in the centre and a spray of three in alternate corners.
Whilst this is a deep card with lots of layers it easily fits inside the Sandwich Box when made up so its easy to make a matching box that fits the gift. A card like this is, to me at least, a gift!
Enjoy...
Morning John, oh yes this is fantastic, what a great idea whoever it was who suggested it, I also love this lustre card, amazing.
ReplyDeleteOh I am so looking forward to the new things this year.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you a brilliant card and so pretty.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
WOW-what a stunning card. Whoever suggested that style obviously knew you could turn their thoughts into a beautiful card.
ReplyDeleteMichele
ANOTHER WOW JOHN
ReplyDeleteStunning card so pretty.
Jan
Absolutely stunning card John. The lustre card looks beautiful.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Wow! oh! Wow! oh! Wow! John, LOVE it.
ReplyDeleteReally looking forward to what you have in store for us.
Have a great day
Patricia xxx
Hi John,Wow Wow Wow what an absolutely stunning card,just wonderful.I love everything about it,colours composition just everything.It doesn't sound like you rested much over the Xmas break but I suppose that is good for all your fans as means lots of goodies to come.!!! Anyway stay healthy and happy,Lots of Love Barbara D xxx
ReplyDeleteGreat card John, lovely.
ReplyDeleteJoycex
Fabulous card John
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA glorious card, imagine someone's face when they open the box and take it out - wow!
B xx
Another mantelpiece pleaser - this is a stunning card John.
ReplyDeleteHugs Helen xx
Really beautiful John. Nightmare to post though LOL. xxxxx
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely stunning card John. Xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, what a great card, thank you for showing it, and a great idea whoever thought of it.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Really awesome John.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
A lovely card and I really like the idea of those pieces folded out. Very effective. xxx
ReplyDeleteWhat a way to start the new year, John. This is stunning.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Hi John, oh this card is just awesome, love the idea of the opening panel. The shade of blue is gorgeous. Have a good day everyone. Bx
ReplyDeleteWow what a stunner, love everything about it, and that blue card is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to ordering my flower dies now they are back in stock.
Happy New Year John
ReplyDeleteThis is a fabulous card, love the colours and design
June
Beautiful card John xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John well a great start to the year love the colours you have used and a great design love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteHi John wow love the card today also love the colour's used.
ReplyDeleteI have just ordered your sandwich box Die I had a gift voucher from Joanna Sheen.
Once it arrives I will have a go at both box & card. Have you done a video for the card.
Thank you HAPPY NEW YEAR John.
Hug's Lynda x
Happy New Year John, love your 1st 2018 card so much that I'm going to try it this fternoon. Thanks for all the inspiration you have given me over the years and I look forward to lots more this. Xx
ReplyDeleteOh wow John this is a stunning card I love the design and the dies are amazing. I have just ordered some of your dies I am so excited. I can't wait to see what you have in store for us this coming year it is going to be so exciting. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John stunning design I love your flowers I will have to buy them there gorgeous
ReplyDeleteStunning just stunning You will have made whoever suggested this idea very very proud
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to your new goodies and ideas
Wow John, this card is a real show stopper, so unusual and the flowers are a perfect enhancement. Great colour choice.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hi John, This is really gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
John this is totally stunning and fabulous. the flower in the middle looks great and i could just imagine this looking fab with a milestone birthday number in the centre too. I really must get shopping and buy this die.
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteThis is gorgeous, love everything about it and I'm looking forward to seeing what surprises you have in store for us.
love Maureen x
Hi John stunning card I love the colours & the way you used the dies
ReplyDeleteI love this. Can’t wait to see your new ideas.
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteSorry I’m late again and I will explain tomorrow!
What a gorgeous card! Thank you so much. Looking forward to what you are going to bring us in 2018.
Love Myra xx
Just lost my comment. This is a beautiful card John and one I will try to copy. My you have been busy these last few days. Looking forward to seeing what new products you will be bringing us. Take carexxx
ReplyDeleteA real WOW!
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton