Happy Tuesday,
A card from the Atlantic ocean today would you guess that this is made with a square background die?
I started by cutting the background into bright white foundation card twice. I then cut these in the middle to give me four pieces ( 2 left and 2 right)
I took 2 piece and using the pattern as a guide I merged 2 piece to make a small rectangular piece. Next I added the 2 other pieces behind this, with mounting cushion, so that it appears that the background goes all the way across behind the piece. I hid the joint on the front panel using a strip of white satin ribbon from my stash with a bow added at the bottom finished with a white crystal embellishment.
Next I cut both of the atlantic tag duo frames et one in primrose one in white and backed them with the alternate colour. I mounted these on top of each other, rotated so that the pattern shows on each tag, stamped with the sentiment.
To finish I added double pearl strips in white down the edges of all the background pieces and added layers of copper pearl and primrose foundation card. I also added an embossed layer of white embossed with the raindrops 8x8" embossing folder and a couple of frosted hat pins to highlight the front.
Enjoy...
Morning John, absolutely gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, so pretty and delicate
Jan
Morning John, now you know this is my kind of card, I so love the Atlantic background, I have used it so much, I am so impressed with what you have done on this card, might have to have another play. Special hugs to you.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Beautiful, delicate card this morning. Gorgeous. I love it.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day.
Happy crafting,
D xx
Beautiful and delicate card John, so pretty. Joycex
ReplyDeleteLovely card John and I love the colours.
ReplyDeleteMaggie B xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA very pretty card, love the colours.
Chris xx
Beautiful !
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Clever use of the dies. I need to become more adventurous!
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Beautiful card, lovely colour, nice to see the older dies.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Good morning John this a gorgeous card I love the colours and the dies are amazing. You are always so inventive with the way you use dies. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John, clever use of dies, I wouldn't have guessed what you had done. Great card. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, makes a lovely card for a special occasion.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA gorgeous card. I love the Atlantic background.
B xx
A really elegant card John and lovely colour choice too. The Atlantic background is a beautiful die.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Morning John absolutely beautiful very elegant and i love the colour choice.
ReplyDeleteCatherine xx
Morning John
ReplyDeleteI love today's card, the colour combo is very pretty
June x
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card.
Lydia
X
Beautiful, xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John. This is such a pretty die and how clever of you to extend it to make it into a rectangular card. Nice colours too.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Simply stunning, you are your very best John.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Helen xx
Clever idea John and one I'll use. Lovely card.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
Love this John I will be using this thank you
ReplyDeleteLove June horrocks xxxxxx
As Jan has said, I also need to be more adventurous with dies. I did cut a die cut up recently for my Mum's 90th birthday card (her birthday is today) based on one of Mrs Duck's cards. This is lovely.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Morning John another beautiful card, I don't know how you manage to keep coming up with them time and time again, but so glad that you do.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLove today's card the colour gives it such a fresh look. Sue's dies are treasures as they are so versatile. May have a play day my self today.
Regards
Heather R Oxfordshire
Morning John, A really beautiful and elegant card.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeletean absolutely beautiful card. I love what you've done with that die. Must have to try that some time when I have some time to just PLAY and not make cards.
Hugs, Rose
Beautiful card John. I have this die so must read the instructions again and give it a try. Thank you for sharing this.
ReplyDeletestunning card xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John,Very elegant card,and very very clever.You have an amazing mind. Take care and stay well and safe.Lots of Love Barbara D xxx
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteThis is one of those special cards that never get thrown away. Stunning! Great use of the die too. As Eric Morecambe would say, you can't see the join lol!
Ang x
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteThis is a stunning card and a brilliant use of the Die which I'm pleased to say I have!
Will sit down, with Die and read instructions carefully! Very , very nice!
Thank you.
Love Myra
Good afternoon John,
ReplyDeleteLove, love, love today's absolutely stunning card.
Patricia x
Hi John
ReplyDeletewhat a lovely card and colours so pretty im waiting for my dies to come so i can play
take care
Sharon
xxx
Beautiful card john x lovely colours and such pretty detail in the dies x thankyou x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Hi John,
ReplyDeletea very stunnig design today and gorgeous colour choices.
Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.
Hi John Todays card is really elegant such a clever way to use the Atlantic background die.
ReplyDeleteEvening John. Beautiful primrose and white card. I have this die so appreciate your inspiration. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteVery pretty I love how you've altered the background and I love the delicate colours
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John.xx
ReplyDeleteHi John Stunning card very elegant
ReplyDeleteHug's Lynda xx