Happy Bank Holiday Monday,
As promised today I am sharing new projects I have made! I thought this was a great opportunity to show some of the cards and projects I have made with dies and products form various companies I have bought over the last year or so but haven't been able to use or blog. I know that most crafters see something and buy it only for it to languish in their stash I know I'm terrible for this not being able to go into a craft shop without buying something.
Today's card is made using a Spellbinders die designed by Becca Feeken one of my favourite crafters and designers. A simple colour combination of ivory sky blue and periwinkle hopefully lets the beauty of the die shine.
I started by cutting the long die in the Spellbinders Swirl Bliss die set into a piece of ivory card four times does the length of the piece. I then backed the central 2 panels with sky blue and the outer 2 sections with baby blue card.
Next I matted and layers this onto more layers of the ivory, sky blue and baby blue to make the base card as shown. I added a strip of navy organza ribbon and finished it with a bow and some pearl swirls from my stash. I then made up the flower using spellbinders carnation shaded with broken china distress ink.
The sentiment (from my lily of the valley clear stamp set) is stamped on a stitched flag and shaded with the distress ink.
Enjoy...
Hi John Love it Good to see you sorted the technology Have a good Bank Holiday
ReplyDeleteLovely card John, nice detail. Enjoy your day.Joycexx
ReplyDeleteLovely card John,nice detail,Enjoy your day. Joycex
ReplyDeleteMorning John, oh this is lovely, it is enlightening to read that you also buy dies etc. and not make full use of them, I really like this card.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith xxxx
Morning John, a beautiful card and love how you made like an ombré effect with the different blues.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeletefirst wanted to say that yesterday's posts are just gorgeous, those boxes are fab and matching cards.
This post is also lovely, you get your shading spot on...
Hugs, Rose
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you a lovely card.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card, gorgeous colours. Glad the technology is working.
B xx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteA gorgeous card this morning and beautiful colours.
Have a great day
Maggie
good morning john xx a fabulous card, it gorgeous xx have a fab bank holiday whatever you do xxx
ReplyDeleteGorgeous John and nice to see you using Beccas design, I know she has been your all time fave. I will send you some of my homemade pearl gems when I get back from Seville, as now, you will be able to use them, and some charm stick pins too xxx
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card, pretty flower, as always a perfect card.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
This is lovely John. Very simple idea with the die.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteLovely card John, lovely seeing you using a mixture of craft bits from other companies, have a lovely Bank Holiday. xx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, really lovely.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Good morning John. Oh this is gorgeous and stunning. I can see we are in for some lovely treats from you using all these dies and things you haven't been able to use. This is the kind of card we use to see when I first joined your blog years ago.
ReplyDeleteHazel x
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE today's card it is absolutely stunning.
ReplyDeleteI also have loads of Becca's Dies, your inspiration will have me digging them out again.
It will be good to see you showing your fantastic creative talents using other companies goodies as well as your own.
Have a great day
Patricia x
Hi John this is a stunning card those dies are gorgeous. It must be really nice being able to use other dies now. Yes I do have lots of dies in my stash that I have never used. You have inspired me to get them out again. Have a great day. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card It is lovely to see you back using other company's products We all buy products that languish in cupboards boxes etc So I'm really looking forward to see what companies you favour...
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful start ,i too love Becca's products and have some others dies i have not used yet, but hey ho with you to inspire me i think i will get my crafty head back on again.Have a lovely day.
Elaine H X
What a gorgeous card, John. An idea that can be adapted using other dies.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Morning John, beautiful card and well worth waiting for.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the Bank Holiday.
Wendyx
Great card John,
ReplyDeleteLove the colours
Chris xx
Gorgeous card John. I think you are going to inspire us to dig out products that we haven't used in awhile. I too love Becca Feeken's designs and have a few of her dies including this one.
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Hi John a stunning card John the colours beautiful I mud day I've never heard of this lady and her dies must get them now thank you John xxxxxxxx
ReplyDeleteHello John, a beautiful card, Becca's designs are stunning, and you have really used them to their full potential. Love the colours. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi John. I can understand why you like to use Becca's designs as she is one of my favourite designers too. Love what you have done with this one.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hi John, great card, lovely colours. I too am guilty of impulse buying and have a lot of dies I haven't used yet. You have inspired me to get them out. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteA really beautiful card John. Very elegant. Glad you got your "technical difficulties" sorted out! Have a good day. xxx
ReplyDeleteOoooo John - do you do requests? I have the Spellbinders big corners by Rebecca - still not used on a card. Any suggestions please? (It's the BIG die that makes a 6" card covering with pretty and shaped corners. Hope you can help. Happy Bank Holiday.
ReplyDeleteLove
Maggie (Yorkite)
Morning John, what a stunning card, I once these dies, and just like you and many other crafters I have dies that are still in their packets, I really need a shake to get something done with them, thank you for all your inspiration.
ReplyDeleteTake care, Jess xxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteA really beautiful card, I love the lacy background you have created with the die.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteSimple but so very effective and just the right amount of embellishment.
Be good to see you using whatever you want to now.
Ang x
Lovely card John, beautiful colours.
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely day, no holiday here in Scotland unfortunately.
Hi John
ReplyDeleteThis is an absolutely stunning card
June x
Good morning John
ReplyDeleteWow oh wow this is fabulous So beautiful I love Becca Feeken and have some of her dies that are sitting waiting to be used along with lots of others so now thanks to you I will be Inspired to dig them out.
Well done getting your technical difficulties sorted.
Have a super day.
Margaret x
Good morning John. Oh this is gorgeous and really stunning.I too love Becca Feeken's designs and have a few of her die, sadly not including this one (yet!) I can see we are in for some treats from you.
ReplyDeleteDelightful card such pretty colours love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteGreat to see you have not lost your touch! Your card today is spectacular. Interesting that you used two shades of blue card to back the Swirl Bliss die cut. Nice look! I may have that die. I need to look. I, too, like Becca's designs.
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful card I love the shades of blue behind it. Becca has beautiful dies and I hope you will use more of them.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful John. I just love Becca dies and the cards she makes.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
Beautiful card John. Becca's designs are always so lovely and today your background using Swirl Bliss is gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteStunning card today. Love the background Swirl Bliss.
Hi John, lovely card this morning, good for you for doing your own thing and not being tied to only one line of products.
ReplyDeleteLori from Canada
John this card was well worth the wait as it is gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteI love the background and the stunning ribbon and flower.
Hi John sorry I have missed a couple of posts our internet went down. I have loved all the cards & boxes that I have mist. Today's card is gorgeous John beautiful Die ribbon & the flower is a Wow factor just love everything about it thank you.
ReplyDeleteHug's Lynda Brock xx
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteFabulous card today using the wonderful Becca Feeken die. I have this one and guess what - have never used it!! That will change now.
love Maureen xxx
Hi John Beautiful card I love the way you have used two colours of blue for the backing
ReplyDeleteHi John,absolutely beautiful, I love becca feekens designs as well.But I have to say I have been trawling through your videos on the boxes you have made and I am enthralled with them.Bit sad here at minute as the little girl Saffie who died in the manchester bombing lives just round the corner,her parents have a fish and chip shop here and the whole area is massed with flowers balloons and toys etc., very sad but a lovely gesture by the community.Take care of yourself and stay well and happy Lots of Love Barbara Dxxx
ReplyDeleteA stunning card John. Beautiful, elegant, stylish without being over-elaborate. Wonderful colours. Thank you. It's wonderful that you may now show your creations made with different crafting products. Take care. Craft Owl by the Sea, north Norfolk. xx
ReplyDeleteHi John, a stunning card, I adore Becca Feeken's dies and designs.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
What a fab card. Love the flower.
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteI'm very late today as we had visitors for the day! Just sat down to catch up. Not sure if you can catch up while sitting down!!!
Today's card is beautiful! I, too, love Becca's Dies and have quite a few. I really like what you have done here and your flower is gorgeous!
Looking forward to what you have to share with us!
Thank you.
Love Myra x
Late again but at least I have got here. Beautiful card John. Just love it and also Becca's dies. Thank you for sharing. Take care.x
ReplyDeleteLoving this one xxx
ReplyDeleteLoving this one xxx
ReplyDeleteLoving this one xxx
ReplyDeleteStunning - just what I think of for a "John Card".
ReplyDeleteSorry comments are late but I'm home now and catching up.
Hugs Helen xx