Happy Tuesday,
Today I'm sharing this card made with the elegant corner from the Downton Abbey range from Crafters Companion. I bought this die as soon as I saw it as it seemed perfect for me and my stake and this card is the first I came up with.
I started by cutting the die down one side of a piece of champagne pearl card then I rotated the die and cut it down the other edge. Next I placed this over a piece of silver white pearl card and using my scalpel, cut the edge to match those on the die.
I then took a panel of the champagne pearl card and scored it at 1/4" intervals along the length to create the striped background panel. I then added a frame with the spellbinders matting basics dies and foam mounted the layers behind this as shown.
I wanted something classic and elegant to sett off the background and discovered the Decorative Swallowtail Tags die set by Becca Feeken in my unused die box ( the box I'm currently working my way through!) I cut the largest tag in champagne the smallest in white and topped this with the smallest stamped with the sentiment in Cobalt Archival ink in the champagne pearl card.
I mounted these over a bow of blue and white 5mm satin ribbon from my stash. What I love about this die is the fact that I haven't needed to use a pearl anywhere yet it still looks opulent!
Enjoy...
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you a beautiful card.
Have fu and take care Kitty.
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteThis card is so beautiful. I love it.
Maggie
Hi John a beautiful card take care .
ReplyDeleteCatherine
Beautiful card John,very elegant.Joycex
ReplyDeleteMorning John, this is a gorgeous card love the shimmer.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hello John, a stunning card, love the different brands of dies that you use. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, oh my goodness you have blown me away with this card, I too bought the collection which is really lovely, so looks like I will be doing something like this today, I know you don't mind, the scoring looks fabulous too. I am so enjoying your blog with all the wonderful samples.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith xxxx
Good morning John,
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card, love, love, everything about it.
Have a good day
Patricia x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card.
B xx
Absolutely stunning xx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful and stunning, lovely soft colours.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Beautiful card John I bought this set when it came out not used it much I'm afraid but this card is brill thank you june horrocks xxxxx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John, what a lovely effect the die has had!
ReplyDeleteWonderful and so nice to see different products. Enjoying Seville, talk when I get back, xxx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John, very elegant. The scored background is very effective.
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Wow-so elegant & delicate, gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Oh .WOW! John this is one stunning, elegant card. It's gorgeous. Oh how I enjoy opening up your blog now and seeing masterpieces like this using other company dies. Love how you have added the scored piece in to your design, it's simple but very effective. We are all going to benefit from what you show, as these dies that have not seen the light of day are going to be used and will save us all buying more dies.
ReplyDeleteThank you
Hazel x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteA really beautiful and elegant card, love the scored lines in the background.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
Loving everything about this card John .
ReplyDeleteTake care
Elaine H X
Thank you, thank you - the front 'flourish' is just like the one on the Becca card front die I was struggling with.
ReplyDeleteI like this new John.
Love
Maggie (Yorkite)
Morning John, This card is stunning !! I love how you have created this card, I have this Downton Abbey die, I will try this !!
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Hi John. This is definitely very opulent. The die certainly makes a statement. Loving all these designs from your 'not used yet box'. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteLove it A very opulent card And with a change of colour and sentiment could easily be used for a man card - might need to lose the ribbon though!
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteThis downright marvellous. Love everything about it.
What's wonderful, is seeing where your new craft road is taking you and the enjoyment you seem to be getting from it is reflected in your latest creations.
Ang x
What a beautiful card John, you come up with some amazing ideas to use different dies. Love the scored background too. I've looked at your blog a couple of times but haven't commented and today's card just deserved a comment. It's so lovely to see you spreading your wings and enjoying having a play.
ReplyDeleteLove Diane x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely card and an unusual way of using the corner die to give the wave effect. I must admit I am amazed that so many people have craft items they have never used in their stash! I am always excited about my items coming in the post and use them immediately to create something so I have nothing unused in my stash at all!
Morning John, this is fabulous, there is nothing I would change about it. I think your creative juices are definitely floweing.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
A beautiful card today, John.
ReplyDeleteI love the dies you have used and the scored background as well!
Lesley S x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteAnother WOW from me for this gorgeous card!
June x
Lovely John and great to see what you do with other companies dies.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
That's a beautiful card John. Sounds a bit complex to make though! We could do with a TV demo of that one I think. Like the sentiment too.
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteI really love this card - you really are clever! I have the little Die cut on top of your bow! It's Becca's as well I think. Such an elegant card card John! Thank you.
Enjoy your day!
Love Myra x
Hi John. Love this diversion into different dies as it makes me realise that there are manufacturers of dies out there other than those designed by Sue Wilson. I can see why you particularly like this one and I love the card you have made with it.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
This card is stunning John love how you used the dies. Christine S
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous card, John. I'm sorry to say that the instructions sound a little complex for this numpty. I see Hetty Garlick has suggested we could do with a TV demo of that one and I completely agree, because the card is so beautiful. Love the sentiment and decorative swallowtail dies.
ReplyDeleteTo me this is a really elegant card. Love it!
ReplyDeleteWow. Beautiful card John. Just love it. Must investigate that die.
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteThis is elegant and beautiful and I love it.
You are really broadening your horizons and your inventiveness is catching. Thank you.
love Maureen xx
Lovely combination of the Downton Abbey die and one of Becca's.
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card today John. Very elegant x
ReplyDeleteSuch an elegant card, John
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Wow John this is another stunning card, i love the entire design and the beautifu bow.
ReplyDeleteHi John fabulous card I love the dies you've used and especially like the scored section which gives such an elegant look to the card
ReplyDeleteGood d doing John
ReplyDeleteOh wow what a fantastically beautiful and very elegant card I love it.
I have the Becca Feeken dies you have used they are so lovely, so pleased you are showing us such beautiful dies, thank you.
Margaret x
Sorry John that should be good evening John
ReplyDeleteHi John feels such a lovely clean image Really enjoying your new style blog
ReplyDeleteVery elegant John.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Hi John,
ReplyDeletevery elegant and unusual design. Love it.
Hugs, Rose
I love this card, especially the 'corrugated' background idea.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteWow stunning xx
ReplyDeleteHello John, This card is beautiful. It is wonderful to see your journey unfold as you use products from the various manufacturers. Thank you for sharing your crafty adventure with us. I'm watching with interest. Take care. Craft Owl by the Sea, north Norfolk. xx
ReplyDeleteWow another stunning "John Card", and very different look with this one. Love it ....
ReplyDeleteHugs Helen xx