Happy Monday,
I'm back on Hochanda next Monday with the stunning new Stained Glass dies by Sue Wilson for Creative expressions. Anyone who has seen me at a show or demo recently will know how much I love these dies I've made so many samples that I decided ti start showing some early!
For today's Post I have focused on the embossing / quilting technique where you emboss different colours of card using the die and then cut out selected sections. I mount these behind the die cut topper, a great way to make effective yet simple card.
Some times we all need a quick simple card but we want to make them as interesting as possible.
I have used a combination of Cobalt, Primrose, sky blue and bright white to make both of these.
If you want to see how these are made and this technique then tune in next Monday night at 8pm.
Enjoy...
Two very nice cards John, look forward to the demos.Joycex
ReplyDeleteHello John, these dies were topping my wish list from the latest launch. Your cards made with them are fabulous, love the colours. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, two gorgeous cards love these dies and the colours you have used are brilliant can't wait to see what else you come up with.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteGorgeous cards love the colours you have used together.Will be watching your demos.
Morning John, oh wow, these are really gorgeous, love the colours you have used too. I had the real pleasure of seeing one of your originals using these dies and it convinced me that I needed them, I am, so glad I did too, they really are amazing and you can do so much with them.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Good morning John your cards are stunning they are just so pretty. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteBeautiful cards John, look forward to next Monday.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteTwo great cards. I'm excited to hear you are doing a show with these dies.
B xx
Hi John your cards are beautiful and the colours are so vibrant.
ReplyDeleteCatherine.
Hi Hohn
ReplyDeleteThese cards are beautiful, and so are the colours you have used. I'm really looking forward to the shows.
Chris xx
Gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteI've just used these dies to make some very quick cards and was very pleased with results but will definitely try your colourway. Thanks for sharing.
D x
Two really lovely cards, great colours you've used.
ReplyDeleteMichele
These are delightful. Keep meaning to try the technique.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Fantastic cards John love these Dies.
ReplyDeleteLooks like I will be spending once again.
Will be great to see you demonstrating on Hochanda. Would rather see you in person though. We need you back up here in Scotland ... soon!!
Patricia x
Hi John, these are absolutely beautiful, love the colours you have used. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteBeautiful cards John. Might have to treat myself, again!! Xx
ReplyDeleteThese are beautiful, John, and great for posting.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Gorgeous - you know how much I love these dies Like you say they're fairly simple to use but make spectacular designs
ReplyDeleteVery pretty John and loved yesterday's cards as well.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteYour cards are beautiful, love the dies. Look forward to seeing more.
Lydia
X
Hi John. How funny, I bought the hummingbird from Phill yesterday. Will be on abroad when your show airs but of course it will be recorded ready for my return. SueL x
ReplyDeleteLoving both cards beautiful !
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
I like the idea of embossing the cut outs to make them stand out more. Pretty card.
ReplyDeleteT
Love the cards John look forward to the demos love june horrocks xxxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, beautiful cards, fantastic dies, what more can you ask for.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Gorgeous cards John. Really look forward to seeing you do these. xx
ReplyDeleteTwo lovely cards, though I have to favour the bird one as I have a "thing" for hummingbirds. I hope you are going to show this technique John as I do not really understand what you mean by quilting!
ReplyDeleteHugs Helen xx
Morning John, Gorgeous cards.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
These are just lovely. I'm not sure I'd have the patience to do them though!
ReplyDeleteGood morning John, two gorgeous cards. Really pleased you are doing a show with these dies as they are a favourite of mine from Sue's recent launch.
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Loved seeing you making these cards on Saturday at Bizzy Fingers in Port Talbot. Can't wait to see you demoing them on TV to catch anything I missed.
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteBoth cards are stunningly beautiful!
June x
Hi John, Love the cards and can't wait for the shows. I got the Bonsai tree at Ally Pally but haven't used it yet. Waiting for inspiration!!!
ReplyDeleteGood morning John! I love the stained glass dies too, especially the humming bird and the bonsai tree. I just love the colours you have used on these. I look forward to the demos on Hochanda and I hope to be able to get to CE Towers in a few weeks too! Take care. Craft Owl by the Sea, north Norfolk. xx
ReplyDeleteHi John these are very much my cup of tea. Super cards. Love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteHi John these are very much my cup of tea. Super cards. Love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteWhat absolutely Stunning cards these are and the colours are gorgeous really eye catching, well I have to get these now as the more I see them the more I need them, you give us such brilliant ideas and inspirations thank you.
Have a good day
Love
Sharon
xxx
Love the colour combo John. I've got the flower one & really enjoyed doing the paper piecing. Looking forward to the shows next week x
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteBeautiful cards today. I'll be recording the shows as usual and as we're in London I'll watch them when we come back.
Hi John two beautiful cards I love the effect of the paper piecing. Looking forward to seeing you demo these on Hochanda
ReplyDeleteHi John. Love the stained glass dies and bought 2 of them at Ally Pally after seeing some of your samples. I look forward to seeing more in the next few days
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Beautiful cards John. Think you have convinced me I need these dies. Will be watching all the shows. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteSorry I've been missing but I will explain eventually! Your cards ysterday and today are beautiful but today's I like especially! Will look forward to the Shows!
Many thanks,
Love Myra
Hi John I love the stain glass window Dies & you have done a fantastic job on these two samples they are gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing you next Monday on Hochanda.
ReplyDeleteHug's Lynda xx
Love how you've made these stained glass window cards. You've brought them to life. Looking forward to your shows next week.
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteTwo stunning cards that soooo do these dies justice.
Ang x