Happy Thursday,
A simple to make but complex looking card for today which involves just cutting one die four times to make all the main elements!
I stared by cutting the inner die from the Sue Wilson cascading butterflies die into a piece of deep cocoa foundation card. I then backed this with a pice embossed with the braided vines A4 embossing folder with the pattern highlighted using copper gilding polish.
I framed the background with a set made form the Noble double pierced squares set A and B and mounted it onto a few layers of the tan, papyrus and deep cocoa foundation card to make this 8x8"
Next I cut the cascading butterflies twice from a piece of tan card to give me the tan butterflies . I then simply arranged the butterflies in a cascade across the front by sticking them only in the centres and folded out the wings.
Finally I added bronze 3D pearl accents from cosmic shimmer in the centres of the butterflies.
Enjoy...
Morning John.
ReplyDeleteJust beautiful thank you.
Take care Kitty.
Hi John
ReplyDeleteAnother great idea with this die. I was lucky enough to win this die and I'm also grateful for new ideas of how to use my dies. This card would look great in so many different colours.
Chris xx
Lovely card John. Joycex
ReplyDeletewow john this is fantabulous xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, this certainly has the wow factor, love it.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John, a brilliant card, I am a sucker for butterflies, so right up my street, and the unusual colour combo just works. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, what a great card I love it.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteWOW this card is butterfly heaven. It's Gorgeous.
Jan
Hi John l love anything with butterflys a great combo of colours its gorgeous .
ReplyDeleteCatherine xx
Oh wow John this is a stunning card those butterflies are so pretty. I think I need that die. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteWOW-stunning card. Great for a special occasion.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Blimey John - a bit of the Phill Martin's about that! Why use one butterfly when 100 will do? Just joking - it's lovely. Must have taken you ages to do it. xx
ReplyDeleteWhat a plethora of butterflies!
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA great card.
B xx
Hi John. This card definitely has the WOW factor. So unusual you just want to sit and look at it. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteGood morning John, this certainly is a wow card.
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLove your butterfly card, beautiful.
Lydia
X
Stunning card John. Xx
ReplyDeleteLove this one John
ReplyDeleteThank you love June horrocks xxxx
AMAZING!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWow don't think I have ever seen so many butterflies on a card. It's really different and I like.
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteI love this 'host of butterflies' as much as I like seeing a 'host of golden daffodils'. So beautiful indeed
June x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteFabulous card, right up my street. Those cascading butterflies are so very versatile, I've got dozens of them already but these recent dies are my favourites...
Hugs, Rose
This card is amazing John. I love butterflies and have this die. Couldn't not. Love the way you have used it. Thank you for your inspiration.
ReplyDeleteStunning simply stunning, thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteTake care, Jess Watson xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteWow what a stunner of a card today really love it especially if they love Butterflies too.
Have a good day
Sharon
xxx
Hi John, not sure about this card. I like butterflies but find this card a bit too much, not sure if it's the background that is too busy or just too many butterflies
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Absolutely gorgeous John Kate x
ReplyDeleteHi John, a fabulous card today and I love those butterfly dies and you layout is gorgeous. hugs Shirleyxxxxx
ReplyDeleteNot sure about this one I'm afraid, John. Love the background piece but a bit much on top for me. Sorry.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Hi John. Love this card with the flock (if that is the right word) of butterflies.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Oh John I love all these flutterbys. Beautiful card.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLove the card as I just love butterflies. This card looks so complicated. But will read the instructions again to make sure I understood them correctly.
Wow beautiful card john x love all the butterflies and gorgeous colours x thankyou x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Hi John stunning card I love the butterflies
ReplyDeleteHello John, Beautiful card! I'm late again ! Sorry!
ReplyDeleteLove Myra
Hi John sorry I'm so late
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card. Butterfly's are my absolutely favourite.
Will definitely give this a go as I have this die. Thank you John
Hug's Lynda xx
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteI'm in the not sure camp I'm afraid. I like the general design but there's a few too many butterflies for me.
Ang x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLove this explosion of butterflies fantastic card!
Regards
Heather R Oxfordshire