Happy Monday,
A double day today with 2 cards made with almost the same ingredients just changed with using different colours of Glitter Kiss to make a men's and ladies version of the same card.
I thought I would start with the mens version made in autumnal shades.
The pink version of this card was demonstrated on Hiochnada last week however I'll quickly run through the procedure.
I stared by using the take a leaf mask over a pice of bright white foundation card. I added copper and golden sand glitter kiss using the 4 direction method ( see the video on Facebook or Youtube for this)
Next I embossed a larger 7.5 x7.5" piece of bright white with the brambles rose embossing folder and added the same 2 colour of glitter kiss starting with the copper and adding a thin layer of the gold over the top.
I then cut each of the solid leaves in the autumn leaves trio die set and using the same colours covered these with the glitter kiss, I shaped these and added them on the edge of the sentiment. I stamped the sentiment from my Honeysuckle clear stamp set and cut it with the stitched flags die before adding glitter kiss lightly around the edge.
I made up the cards as shown with layers of copper and gold pearl foundations card and added the whole thing to 8x8" card blanks ( both actual cards for once!)
If you are at a loss for something to do this bank holiday Im demoing at Mountain Ash Crafts at halfpenny green vineyards Stourbridge why not pop along and say hi!
Enjoy...
Wow what a difference a colour makes. Great cards. I'm always looking for ideas for men's cards.
ReplyDeleteSorry I haven't commented recently. I've loved the cards but been very, very busy.
Hope you have a great day.
Happy crafting,
D xx
Morning John, these are two beautiful cards and as Dragonsnap said we are always looking for different cards for the men in our lives.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Morning John, you are spoiling us today with these two cards, both equally stunning, your such a treasure to bring us these creations.
ReplyDeleteHappy May Day whatever you are doing today.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Morning John
ReplyDeleteBEAUTIFUL.
Jan
Beautiful cards John.what a difference a change of colour can make.Joycex
ReplyDeleteTwo great cards John
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
They're such beautiful cards John. I enjoyed seeing you make the pink one on Hochanda. They look so different done in different colours. Hope you have a good day. xx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteAmazing how much difference colour makes. Two great cards.
B xx
Two great cards, live the colours on the first one.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hello John
ReplyDeleteTwo fabulous cards this morning and I like both colour schemes.
Lesley s
Two beautiful cards John.
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Lovely cards John. Hope the demo goes well.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Good morning John both of these cards are gorgeous I love them both. Have a great day today. We are off to Mottisfont Abbey to join the National Trust. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteBoth cards are gorgeous us Wish I could come and visit you but a) you're far too "up north" and b) awaiting delivery of a new washing machine! Looks like I might have to craft whilst I'm waiting - what a chore!
ReplyDeleteTwo incredible cards John, really lovely.
ReplyDeleteChris xx
Two lovely cards, John, especially the pink one.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Two beautiful cards, love them both.
ReplyDeleteHave great day doing your Demos, lucky people being able to watch you work.
Patricia x
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteTwo gorgeous cards.
Lydia
X
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHi John, two really great cards. If I lived nearer I would certainly pop along and watch you demo. Have a great day. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteLovely John, in both colourways. Much more to my taste than yesterdays, though not sure why, must the the composition as they both use the beautiful Kissed leaves.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Helen xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteTwo beautiful cards, would never have thought of using pink on leaves but a lovely result. Love this style of card.
Two beauties today John the leaves are great the colours are brill
ReplyDeleteLove June horrocks xxx
Hello John, how beautiful are these cards, perfect in every way. Love the two different colourways. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteBoth beautiful, xxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, two great cards, I think the first on is my favourite, just love the colour combination on this one.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hi John, beautifully designed and coloured cards, lovely Autumnal shades on the first one, but deep luxurious purple on the second, Kate x
ReplyDeleteHi John, beautifully designed and coloured cards, lovely Autumnal shades on the first one, but deep luxurious purple on the second, Kate x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletelove both cards, but my favourite is the male version. I'm just a sucker for autumn shades and golds, and olive-golds etc..........
Hugs, Rose
Hi John. Two more lovely cards, I especially love the colour of the second. SueL x
ReplyDeleteBoth lovely cards John.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
Two beautiful cards john x I love them both x wish I was closer to pop in to your demo but have a great day x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Hi John, Two gorgeous cards, lovely colours.
ReplyDeleteI hope your demo day is going well. I have just finished helping my hubby start off his first 'go' at homebrew, it's taken us hours and hours from start to finish, what with sterilising everything firstly, I didn't realise how much was involved, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that it tastes nice when it's ready !! haha.
Lots of love from Patricia xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteTwo gorgeous and colourful designs. I really like them both
June x
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteI love both cards and am hoping to have a play later! The second one is my favourite but I love the colours of the leaves in both!
Many thanks! Enjoy your demo day! Safe travel home.
Love Myra
Hi John. It's so good to see the different effects that can be created using the glitter kiss colours and I love the way you have used them here. I think the second one just edges it for me.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hi john, both of these cards are stunning.
ReplyDeleteI love both colours and it is nice to see the difference.
I have some pots of the glitter kiss and have not tried it yet.
Hi John two stunning cards John l love them both they are
ReplyDeleteperfect for man '& woman.
Hug's xx
Evening John lovely cards today. I hope you were busy today. Sorry I couldn't pop I promised myself a full day crafting. Well what else to do whilst it's raining. I must say I got well stuck in and got creating.
ReplyDeleteHave a good week
Donna
Two lovely cards. Thank you John. Hope you had a good day.
ReplyDeleteLovely cards John. :-)
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteYou are getting very free with all this kissing lol!
More Autumnal beauty and also a bit of glitz. Fab!
Ang x