Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Thursday, 1 May 2014

New Newness!

Happy Thursday!

Well its more newness today so I've called it new newness!  Today I have used 2 new spellbinders sets, firstly Spellbinders Elegant Ovals secondly the new expandable pattern die spellbinders French Harmony.  

I started by die cutting and embossing the drench harmony before mounting this over a sheet of navy card.  I cut a frame using 2 basic square dies after which i used a third between these sizes and added it before embossing.  This has given a lovely square impression in the middle of the frame and added interest.






I mounted this square, with foam tape, over the background and cut the navy card to give a nice wide border.

Next I mounted this, again with foam tape, over a wider piece of white card and wrapped a strip of white and blue ribbon around.  The next step was to foam mount the whole thing onto a hand cut card in the same navy colour.







Finally the sentiment was made using the new Spellbinders Elegant Ovals set I cut the smallest in white and the next size in navy.  I cut a piece of white card the same as the blue oval and mounted this behind.

I inked the white centre piece in the die and added the for you sentiment from Creative Expressions in a navy ink before foam mounting the lot onto the ribbon

Hopefully a nice French Elegant card.

Enjoy...


18 comments:

  1. What a lovely, classy looking card. Great colours-shows off the die cutting really well.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely is todays card , Your layers look so good i like the look of the square impression , but i dont quite understand how you have done it ? loving the Navy color too .
    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yet again John another beautiful card. Love the new dies.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning John,
    Another fantastic card, love it.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola John
    I had a little bet with myself that you would've gone for the French (or drench lol!) Harmony so I've won a bag of cheese snax from myself!
    Very elegant in the navy and the embossed frame outline is very Sue Wilson. I've just bought some matting dies to achieve the same.
    Gorgeous ribbon too matey.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning, John,
    Navy/white/John = French Chic.
    So elegant!
    Thank you for sharing.
    Lis xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely elegant John - it's great to have new dies to play with. I've not opened my new 'Sue' dies yet, and it's frustrating me no end! With a bit of luck, I'll have them out of the packet this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John,
    Oh I love today's card (although I love all your cards!) It's wonderfu to see how you use the new dies and this is so elegant..love the navy and white too.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another fab creation and the navy and white is 'tres chic' xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful card, as always John. Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great male card, nautical feel to this with the sharpness and colours.
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card John, love the design and the new dies. Great colour.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card John,love the colours,I know you are very busy,bot I think you need to do a recap,on the instructions please.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card I love the colour combo I'm so enjoying visiting your blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. fantastic card John ,Sue is really rubbing off on you [not in a bad way ,you seem to have lots and lots of layers on your cards lately.] likeing your new selection of dies.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John. Love it, love it, love it : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete