Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Saturday, 24 May 2014

Something Different Review...

Here are a few of my favourite projects from the last year of something different.  If you wast to look over all of them just click on the Something Different Saturday tag at the bottom of this post and it will take you to all of them!

Firstly a couple of old ones, this is one of the first items I made inspired by another blogger.  I did however make my own version!

Click HERE to see the original post.





This is one of the first boxes I made using a spellbinders die it was a bigger version of their bracket edged box.  This picture is the one made for the tutorial which, I have to be honest, I prefer.

For the original Post Click HERE






Another spellbinders die box however this one was made to hold some small jars of my homemade Caramelised Onion Relish.
For the original post click HERE










Next is something very different stamping, not a die cut in sight.  AS I said in the accompanying post Stamping was what got me into paper craft in the first place and i still love playing with Inks so here is a selection of stamped projects I made last October...



To view the original post click HERE



Next a couple of shots, these were my first attempts at boxes made from Spellbinders Gold elements one corner die.  I made a set of cards and then showed thee different boxes to hold them (talk about giving myself a lot of work!)

For the original post click HERE











I loved the simple stamped and die cut cards I made for this one with the combination of the spotty paper and the stark black backing and ink.


















Finally my Easter Egg box from this year.  I made this using Sue Wilson's Californian Collection background die which I know I have used loads however it is so versatile (as I write this I am looking at a new card I am making using this die I just cant seem to put it away!)

To view the original post click HERE

There is still more new Saturdays to come and I promise I'll try to make less in brown and beige in the next 12 months! lol

John x

10 comments:

  1. Morning John,
    Great selection of your wonderful projects, thanks John.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. All absolutely stunning John.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. All Beautiful John.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such lovely boxes John,
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola John
    Ah, memories of your delightful creations. Have to say, the onion chutney box did stick in the mind as it was so unusual. All beautiful. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.
    Have a great weekend.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John,
    I've been away on a mini-break and have missed seeing your creations. Have done a quick catch up and loved oall the man cards you have done throughout the week and it's so lovely to see a review of your favourite projects...they are all exquisite!!!!

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely to see all your past creations - you must feel quite proud of yourself when you see what amazing things you have made - you should do cos they are fab xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed the review John.

    Look forward to many more

    Love Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! All so stunning Being a new visitor I shall enjoy visiting the original posts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John. Thanks for the review. It's always great to see lots of your fab projects all together. I had never realised that you have used a lot of creams and browns, they just seem to work so well though don't they : ) Looking forward to many more Something Different Saturdays : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete