Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Thursday, 22 May 2014

Back to the Navy...

Happy Thursday,

I seem to be getting carried away with the dark blue this week I feel like the Village People (In the Navy etc) lol


This card started with the stamped image.  This paisley stamp is a really old one from Graphicus which I bought second hand on eBay.  I am always scanning eBay for bargain dies and stamps and sometimes find that when one person is tired of a die I can get a new, old, die at a great price.


The image is stamped with Versamark onto Navy card and then embossed in detail white embossing powder.  I fussy cut this out then based the remainder of the card around it.

The backing paper is one sheet of double sided card from First Edition Neroli pack with a reverse design on each side.  I cut two different sized square and using the alternate side mounted these with a thin mat of Navy.  I added in a square of the white again edged in the Navy card and foam mounted these to a large 21cm x 21cm hand cut card blank (i used PMD A3 white hammered for the blank)





The top decoration is made using Spellbinders Labels 38which I cut a piece of the pattern using the 2 largest die to make a frame.  I edged this, by hand, in Navy card and added a frame cut from the next 2 sizes in white which I inked in navy whilst in the dies.

There is then a strip of white and navy cut with Spellbinders bracket borders one.  I added these pieces at different levels and orientations, with a strip of navy grosgrain ribbon of course, across the card front.

I wanted to show that die cut pieces are not just for Christmas and ladies cards but used right they can be effective whilst still keeping relative simplicity for a man card.  I even managed to add a pearl!

Enjoy...


16 comments:

  1. Well what can I say...stunning! I love the paisley pattern and this show it off beautifully, what a lovely stamp too, great size.

    Love it all John and I'm taking note on all the matting and layering you have done as I don't do enough lol! Really gives a professional look.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic card-looks really stunning. I love looking on Ebay for bargain dies-can't stop buying them!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John. This is another stunner! I love both the stamp and the paper. Take crae.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John
    I love all your layers and color , and the paper with your stamp marries beautifully , yes i really like this John .

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is gorgeous and has become my new favourite

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John,
    Love the stamp, love the paper, love your composition, but I need to wait till sunset before the cocktail hits the spot.
    Lis x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning John,
    I'm very sorry but this one is not for me, I think it's too busy for my taste, I do love the layering you have done but would have used more plain pieces myself. Hey Ho it's a good job we like different things.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hola John
    I've got an image in my head of you dressed as a construction worker doing YMCA now!
    It is a busy composition but as I adore the Neroli papers, I'm OK with that. Gorgeous stamp too. I received an eBay die set yesterday and another is due today so thanks for your previous tip about that.. . . . . . Remember to change your eBay passwords folks after last nights story on the news about the hacking.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  9. great card ,love the stamp and it goes so well with the backing paper .Thanks for tip Ang ,didn't get around to changing password yet on to do list ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a fab card and I luv all the components - but then I do like paisley so that helps too xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John, a great card. Love the papers and stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  12. John, I am dead envious, I love all things Paisley! So stands to reason, I love the card too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I too love paisley. Another great card John, I too look on ebay for bargains, I also sell my dies to friends and on ebay when I've not use them in a long time or just fed up of them. Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What! a Pearl for a man?
    Apart from that I love the card John. Looks better on the computer than your photo!!

    Love Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John. Love the composition of the card apart from the paisley. I don´t know why but I really dislike paisley. Great colours though and I love the busy effect.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete