Tuesday, 6 May 2014

Mixing Genres...

Happy Tuesday,
I know I have mentioned this before but I love the way that the Sue Wilson dies match so well with Spellbinders (maybe its the American imperial heritage!)

Today's card therefore mixes the two with The SW Californian background and faux quilled leaves (yes alright another new purchase!) and my new spellbinders Tranquil Moments set.

I started by cutting the background in white hammered PMD card stock before foam mounting it over a sheet of blush pink and Kraft card.  Next I cut the largest die from the tranquil moments set and used the smaller label die in the centre. This was mounted over the background (oh OK I added a few pearls first).

Next I made the centrepiece by using the piece form the middle die and hand cutting a label in Kraft before adding a rim of the white and stamped the sentiment.  I then added a thread of ribbon and a bow before adding the foliage.

The foliage die is a great addition and since receiving it on Friday and Mr Next Door being here I have managed to make three cards using it already Its amazing how much you can do when someone is snoring away on the sofa!  I added the foliage in sprigs, some straight form the die others where I have trimmed them down to give different effects.  I always look at my dies to see what parts I can use I don't always use the whole die cut.

Hopefully you will like this mix of genres and colours!

Enjoy...

18 comments:

  1. Another fab card and unusual colour combo but really like it xx I have also purchased the SW faux quilled flowers and leaves and made a card using the leaves - they are fab (it will be.next post) I tore some of the leaves on the first cut but after cutting a few more I 'nipped & tucked' them together to create my own version -very versatile me thinks xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John. Great card, love how the colours work together. I can't wait until my Sue Wilson dies arrive : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning John, I am not a great lover of Pink but this is exquisite. So delicate, so much there but it all looks in place, beautiful. Love the Pink with the Kraft card, goes well together.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, yes, yes and such lovely colour combination!
    Lis x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love everything about the card. I usually craft when my OH is snoring on the sofa!!

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unusual colours and would never have thought to put pink and Kraft card together but it looks great I will be getting the background die flowers etc when funds permit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like it ? i just love It John , i just wish i had half of your ideas , i so like the style and colors .
    I have always had a soft spot for pink and brown together , but i must be honest Kraft card is a new one on me ? i take it ,it is the brown ?

    Have a good day
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning John,
    Love the combination of dies, it's beautiful, the leaves are so useful, I'm using them on everything at the moment.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card John, I love the mixture. I have those quilled leaves, plus the sets of flowers - I'm still waiting for my tool n one, so they are a bit of a fiddle to clean up, but beautiful on the card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John, love the card. The colours work so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the combination of colours that you have use John, and yet again a lovely card. Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  12. another great card love the combination of colours and dies ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it John. You must have must dies than Create and Craft!!!
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John,
    Fabulous card today, an unusual combination of colours but they look great together and I love it. Love the way you use the dies too.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John would not have thought of pink and kraft but they work so well together, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this card John, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hola John
    Its one of those I've had to look at a few times as I wasn't really sure but my conclusion is, me likey. Have to say, I'm not mad for the leaves. I know it sounds daft but I think its because holey leaves, as a gardener, are not good. . . . . said it was daft.
    Have a great evening matey.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete