Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Sunday, 11 May 2014

Clean and Simple...

Happy Sunday,


 After the complex die cutting of the last couple of weeks (Who am I kidding last couple of months) I thought I should ease things off some more today and show that I can do simple, honest!  Today's card is just one random hexagon die and an old DoCrafts paper pack in shades of pink.

All I did to make this was cut out the hexagon in four places however I made sure that these lined up to create the patchwork pattern.

Next I cut some more panels in a stripe paper and mounted, with foam of course lol, over a floral piece.  The striped pieces were added on top and underneath to create some additional depth.  The final picture should show what I mean by this.



I stamped a simple sentiment, perfect for many occasions as we all need an emergency card for any occasion in our stash.

Simple, clean and, relatively, speedy.

Hopefully an antidote to next weeks projects  which may feature a few die cuts on a large(ish) scale!

Enjoy...

19 comments:

  1. Hi John. Lovely card, and papers too. It is good to have a few quick and easy cards isn't it, but it still looks lovely. Change the papers and this is a great card for the men too : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John,
    Love your card, great papers too.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola John
    Blimey, I thought Id clicked on the wrong blog lol. Wow, the boy does CAS and pretty darn good too! Love it. Had done something similar with butterflies so will keep it back a while. Brave guy stamping on hammered card. My attempts never ended well.
    Enjoy your day off.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John. Very cas but very clever. Love it.
    Have a good rest today (as if)
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is definitely my kind of card clean simple and unfussy As Mrs B has said change the papers and it becomes a card for all sorts of occasions I'm intrigued to see next week's projects though

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving this card John. I have often used my hexagon dies for this type of card linked with a stamp I bought from Dreamees so next week's offerings will be interesting. Best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John
    Loving your card today very pretty , I am looking forward to this weeks mystery .
    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John, love the papers and the card. Very versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, lovely! I am a quilter, so hexes appeal to me a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John,
    As you saied just clean an simple ...but gorgeous as well. Looking forward to next week's designs.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply elegant - what a fab idea and a quick one too - you have made my 'cogs' whirr!! I have a SB hexagon die (think it's hexagon anyway) and I have never used it!! I think it came in a bundle - I may just have to get it out and have a go with it and use up some of the papers that I have bought and not used cos I have decided that I am not keen on them now but could probably cope with them in small amounts - thanks for the inspiration as always xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Different, but certainly clean and simply.
    Looking forward to next week!
    lol Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card John, love the simplicity of it. Love the pattern too.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. John, I love this card. A simple idea that is very effective. Well done. Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is gorgeous love the simple clean feel to this card ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John
    I love the way you mix up the styles and colours. A great reminder that a simple shape coupled wth some nice papers provides a great solution. I agree with the comment about this being a good guy card ( in different colours). However, I am intrigued with your comment about what's coming next! Can't wait! Best wishes, Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John love this ,and will give it a go.Read the post yerstday and forgot to comment
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this. Great colour and style x

    ReplyDelete