Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Friday, 16 May 2014

More French Chic?...

Happy Friday,

I thought it was time I tried a card using and inspired by the Spellbinders French Harmony die that is not in Navy Blue!

This is in my favorite shade of teal and an off white.  Now whilst the card may look white it is actually a little on the cream side, hard to see I know.

Very simple card highlighting the spellbinders French Harmony die cut in the white(ish) card and inked through the die in a matching chalk colour.  I foam mounted this onto the plain teal card and therm layered it on a few more sheets of the alternating colours.

The front piece is made by using the spellbinders embossing folder with the letterpress technique and the same chalk ink (as a side note I find that chalk ink works better for this technique, perhaps because of the slower drying time)  I cut a strip and mounted this again on alternating colours.  The ovals are cut from the new spellbinders oval die and are mounted onto a matching velvet ribbon (part of a set from DoCrafts I bought for last Christmas and never used)

Finally a bow and a simple Wendy hatpin completes the french provincial look.

Enjoy...

16 comments:

  1. Hola John
    Where have you been, I've been up since 6 lol!
    Oui oui I say. Tres Bon mon petit pois. The velvet ribbon is bordering on felt but I can cope with that. I bet you cut it off your smoking jacket really lol!
    Stylish and chic, just like your good self.
    Have a great day matey or should I say mon amie!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  2. a fab card love the teal colour to this one .I too have many a item bought but never used ha ha [crafters thing I think ].Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow-this is a lovely card. Good choice of colours-my favourite!

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John. Great card and I love the teal/off white combo and the velvet ribbon. Have a good weekend. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John,
    Another great card, love the colours.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colour combo John, and the die you used (not one I have, sadly, but then I can't have them all).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John
    I love Teal , to me the color always makes a statement, regal somehow along with Burgandy or is it just me ? anyhow i think your card is fit for the Royals ,i just love the layers and ribbon finishing with a pearl pin just beautiful
    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John,
    You may thinks it's simple but it's gorgeous! Love the teal such a rich colour and I always love the way you use the dies. Thanks for all the inspiration you give us.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card John, love the design and use of dies. Teal is one of my favourite colours too, cannot go wrong with Teal lol! Yesterdays card was lovely too, loved the look of the flowers.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John,
    Love the colours and the card
    lol Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. John this card is sensational I just love the Colour teal .
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John, a gorgeous card. Love the colours,

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John. Lovely card.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card and gorgeous colours Must try the letterpress technique again Last few times were a bit disasterous but I won't give up as the effect is so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Late comment as had a problem with my laptop yesterday - luv this colour combo and is a combo I am thinking of using for my next card so it is not monochrome (again) xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete