Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Thursday, 15 May 2014

A Little More Complex!?!

Happy Thursday,

I have been busy beavering away remaking cards this week today's creation is not a remake but a scrap card!  What I mean by that is that this card is made using the scrap pieces left on my desk from another project.

Now you may be able to work out which of last weeks posts this was made after just in case however click HERE to see the far simpler card that inspired this one ...


I really feel I should explain this card a little as this original on Friday had little description and resulted in loads of comments on the background paper I used.

Firstly The background is embossed using the trailing leaves folder from Darice (I think) which I embossed and shaded using a matching chalk ink pad.

The frames and borders are all cut using the new Spellbinders labels 35 die which I have die cut and ink shaded to create the apertures.


The sentiment tag is the negative space left from die cutting spellbinders centre die from Tranquil moments (as this is a scrap card this was left lying on my desk)  I foam mounted this onto the ginger card (sorry I used leftovers there is no more!)

The foliage is, as always this week, Sue Wilson's Faux quilled die and the roses are simple felt circles spirals cut and rolled into roses.




I simply arranged scraps of card, ribbon and lace onto a card blank (again cut for another project) and voila a complex card that was kinda thrown together from what was on my desk.

Enjoy...

17 comments:

  1. Considering your card is just made from scraps-its beautiful. I love the colours, will be sorry not to see any more ginger cards!

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could throw together bits and pieces and come up with cards like this John! best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John. Great card, good to use up all of those scraps isn't it : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John. I think it´s been "thrown" together really well. My thrown togethers never looked like this!
    Love the ginger card. Sorry you´re on the last of it. The cute felt flowers look great.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice for a thrown together card ,wish I could achieve the same results .[they are getting better all the time .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  6. Waste not want not so the saying goes , and what a beauty you have come up with ,love the background and the felt roses are very eye catching .

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, John, I wish I had leftovers like yours on my desk. Mine seems to consist of far too many A4 Cards with just a little bit cut out of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John,
    Well they say a crafter never throws anything away....and today's card is the reason why! It's fabulous!! Love the whole composition!! Note to myself...'don't throw anything away!'

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another fab card and all the more so cos it's made from scraps xx fab xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. As others have said, my scraps never look like anything to use again

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John,
    Love your scrap card, it's great to use all the bits up. Mind you I never seem to able to do it myself.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hola John
    Well, I've made no secret about not being keen on holey leaves and felt so its a double whammy for me today lol! However, I do love the design and the background is fab again. RiP ginger card, you have served your master well!
    Have a great afternoon.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John lush card well done on using your scraps
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  14. I echo everybodyelse's comments A stunning card made from scraps I've not been commenting for long and I shall be sorry to see the ginger card go

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John,
    Beautiful card - and all from scraps. You are prompting me to sort out my box of old and new, going back three years...
    Lis x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just gorgeous John and what a pity there is no more ginger card. I love the felt flowers and those quilled leaves look fantastic ... this is a die I am going to get this week .... it's on my ever growing "Want" list ... and note I said want and not need xx

    ReplyDelete