Wednesday, 28 May 2014

Blue, Turquise & Glitter ?!?

Happy Wednesday,

After yesterdays use of the mask and all the questions I received I thought I should post another mask made card however today's card I made using a different mask and technique!

To answer the questions form yesterday:

The mask I used was from memory Box and is called Texture Flourish I bought it at the local craft shop here in Spain but I've found it online click HERE to see the mask!





Secondly I simply stamped versamark all over the mask its self using a scrap piece of card under it and placed a piece of white cardstock on top.  This was then ran through the Grand Calibur using the grey plate, the tan embossing mat then the card and mask with the sandwich finished with the pink plate.  Once this was run through the machine I added the embossing powder then heat embossed , from the top, the piece.

Back to today this card is also made using a mask however I checked this one and it is Leaf Swirl from imagination crafts available HERE.

This card is made using the mask and a clear holographic paste, all I did was secure the mask then, using a spatula, spread the paste over the mask.  Once dried it gives the most beautiful opalescent finish adding a greenish tint to the navy.

I made two of the panels, one for the back and one to hand cut for the layers.  These were cut and mounted in a thin white mat.




The centre piece was cut using the edge of the spellbinders elegant ovals.  Next I cut a frame using the same die in navy and a whole piece in the white.  I inked the white piece whilst in the die and stamped the sweet memories (DoCrafts) stamp.






The ribbon is a turquoise velvet ribbon form lasst Christmas's collection form DoCrafts.

Hopefully a few questions answered.

Enjoy...

16 comments:

  1. Another stunning card, really dramatic colours today.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im loving this card John ,the sparkle, color and the way you have used the beautiful ribbon between the layered card, it looks very classy .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning John,
    Just beautiful, love it.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John. Gorgeous card, love the navy and turquoise combo : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A stunning card John. Love the holographic paste.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning John, today's card seems more guy-ish to me. Thank you for the link to your stencil from yesterday, but it was out of stock. If anyone else wants one, I found it at http://www.123stitch.com/ - they send overseas, but it's a better price if you order two or three more, as the postage stays the same. Guess what I did?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another lovely card John, I like the way the light catches the glittered part of the card- very subtle. Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John,
    Wow I just love the richness of this card with the holographic paste and the navy card...the colours go so well together and then the touch of white just to break it up. Love it!

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. John this is fabulous as was yesterday's card, boy that was stunning! Love the techniques used and colours. beautiful work.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice John, love it!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another success with masks - luv this and the colour combo too xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful and thanks for the link to yesterday's mask I'm thinking of buying some oval dies and these ones look lovely

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John, sorry I have been missing, my computer was on strike! All fixed now and I have been able to catch up with what you have been doing. I did a workshop with my ladies last year using glitter paste and some lovely cards were made. It is surprising simple isn't it but such wonderful results. Best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hola John
    Apologies for the lateness but had work then birthday visitors then dins with Mr D.
    Thanks for the mask info. Its beautiful. Today, not mad for the velvet but adore everything else. The paste against the navy is amazing.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  15. John a fab card today ,have to check back a few days now ,my daughter was in hospital for the past 5 days getting her appendix out .Have not had time to check the blog and I have missed it terribly .She is well on the mend now so I can get my card fix .Laura O

    ReplyDelete