Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Friday, 23 May 2014

Last Mens Card

Happy Friday,

Hurrah I hear you all shout today is the last of men's card week and yet this is the first one I made.  Now I have to apologise for the poor photography on this one as it was made for a friend of my Mums and I had half an hour one morning to take the pictures so its natural light at 7am!

This is a trifold card made using a single sheet of slate grey A4 card stock.  I started by cutting the three panels in black using Spellbinders Rectangles set B which I stamped using the Waltzing Mouse My Kind of Guy set in white embossing for the first and gold pigment ink for the next two.


The gold ink does not show well on the picture but in real life it shines (slightly)

The effect of the pinstripe is made by scoring the card at 1/2cm intervals then using a silver gel pen down each ridge.  This gives a nice pinstripe effect I was trying to make the card stock look like suit fabric.


The sentiment is made using the same DoCrafts stamp from Wednesday this time in detail white embossing powder.  I made this into a banner and attached it with a large button, again to match the suit 'feel'.


I made a simple box with a detachable lid for the card I was trying to get the look of an old fashioned cigarette case however I think I needed more time on this one.

Hopefully I have given everyone some inspiration for the men this week.

Enjoy...

15 comments:

  1. Good Morning, John,
    I have really enjoyed your week of Men's cards! Thank you.
    Today's pinstripes are handsome, remind me of my Cliff's double-breasted, navy de-mob suit (1953, but classic), yes, I know I'm showing my age.
    I just love the stamp and the sentiment.
    Lisx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card & thanks for the inspiration.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant card John, love the 'suit' effect on the backing card, really looks effective.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John. What a great card. I love the suit material effect and the tri fold. Thanks for all of the mens cards this week, I always like to get some inspiration for them so any more would be gratefully received by me. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John,
    Great card, love the trifold.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have enjoyed the man theme this week John, some nice cards and ideas , todays card is more business man style with that great suit background { i would never have thought of that } Thanks for all the inspiration .

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hola John
    Did think you'd forgotten to pay the leccy bill lol! Great design with the suit idea. Could do this using a tie shaped front rather than the rectangle. . .hmm, thanks for the ideas.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the male inspiration this week. They are all lovely cards
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John. You´ve certainly given me inspiration for mens card this week but then you always do.
    Great card today and the love the pin striped effect.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John, a great card. So different.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not my absolute fav. card John, but I can see that it's good for men's cards.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card I love the faux suit fabric idea

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card John. Love it

    Love Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab card with fab techniques - luv it cos it is so different xx sorry for late comment - long day at work yesterday!! xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John new follower here, love your work man.

    ReplyDelete