Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Saturday, 3 May 2014

Finally The pencils...

Happy Different Saturday!

A few weeks ago I mention an idea I had for paper covered pencils, I was planning to try washi tape as I thought this would work however I couldn't find any over here!  What i did find was a beautiful adhesive fabric tape in my local chinese shop.  It has a lovely trailing rose design and it was perfect to cover some blank wood pencils i got from LIDL ages ago.

To hold the pencils I had to make a box, of course, so I used the new Spellbinders French Harmony expandable pattern die.

I, of course, had to make a gift tag and a card to match if only to fill up the picture!


The box is made by cutting the pattern twice to create a square then simply folding it after each 2 rows of the design.

I added the tape to the lid and used it, along with off cuts of the Spellbinders French Harmony die on the cards and tag.



Let me know if you want to know more, the lid is quite an interesting construction!

Enjoy the pictures there are quite a lot!


18 comments:

  1. Hi John. I love the set today. The rose pattern is gorgeous. Yes please, how did you make the lid?
    I had a wonderful surprise yesterday. The envelope fro you arrived with not only the card that I won but also another in that set too! That was so kind of you. Thank you so much, they have gone up with my birthday cards which was on Thursday, great timing. Thank you again, they are so beautiful. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John,
    What a beautiful collection, you have such wonderful ideas John, keep them coming,
    On a different note a few weeks back I won one of your give away cards, I have never received it. I see from Mrs B post she has got hers, so I thought I would mention it as I didn't want you to think I hadn't thanked you. Please don't think I'm angling for another that's not the case, just wanted to let you know.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John
    A Sheer Genius Creation, lovely pretty tape you found and the box tag and card are just gorgeous , i really like this idea
    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola John
    Great gift set. The French die is super. You can improvise the washi by stamping on masking tape. . . . . . . Mind you, I bet the Chino shop would get some washi in if they knew their best customer wanted some lol!
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic idea I really must investigate my local Llidl more often! Yes tell us (newbies!) how the box is made I've been looking for the flip card box to place "raised/embellished" cards in and I can't find it Point me in the right direction please

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course we want more. Love everything matching-so Johnlike.The rose fabric is so pretty.
    Have a good weekend. We are in Quesada tomorrow for the "Help the doggies Fair"
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John, love the dies! What a great idea for transforming pencils and yes please for the instructions!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John,
    WOW! what a stunning and clever idea and that fabric tape is so pretty. Such a lovely gift set with the box,tag and card to match the pencils....just fabulous.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you have some amazing idea. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant idea John, I wish we had Chinese shops here that sold interesting things. Love the box etc too. Did you get my email I sent you during the week? Hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an imagination you have.
    Love these too.
    Please keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are fabulous John, the box and card are gorgeous, great use of die. Make a fabulous gift for someone. Love the paper used, so pretty.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea for a gift. The paper you have used is sooooo pretty. Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  14. John these look stunning,love the paper ,make a great gift .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John what a brilliant idea,would never thought of it,fantastic. love the Die.
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fab gift for someone xx brill idea xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John, a very lovely gift. I've not seen that die before - it has a lovely modern feel to it which is quite fresh. Great to es it used in so many wYs! Best wishes, Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful - love this idea! :) x

    ReplyDelete