Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Sunday, 4 May 2014

No Dies were Harmed!

Happy Sunday!

I seem to have had a die cutting frenzy over the last few weeks.  Therefore today I am showing a card with no dies used at all.  Everything is either bought or hand-cut!


I made this card for my mum to give to a friend who's 70 birthday was a couple of weeks ago.

The background is made using a gift bag I bought at work the rest is just simple PMD card stock and scraps of gold glitter card.  Its all handcut so no die were harmed in the making of this card!

Enjoy...

Updates!

As I do work some irregular hours and a couple of jobs lol ( for those new to my blog I work a couple of nights as a chef in a local bar / bistro which I call my craft fund job as this helps fund my Craft and Die addiction!)  A great deal of my posts are scheduled a few days in advance.  This means that I am unable, mostly, to respond to questions put on the comments on my blog. on the next days post, please rest assured I do read and love all comments it's like having a vast blog family! I would ask that if anyone has any specific questions please feel free to email me on Lockers@live.co.uk, you should then get a reply!

Also, Jan one of my earliest followers has made a version of the Sue Wilson three fold card I did the tutorial for a couple of weeks ago, if you missed it click HERE.  Jan has kindly agreed to let me show all of you her card which I have to say is superb.

Jan has her own, lovely, blog which is one I look at regularly click here to take a look around its worth the visit!  Which leads me onto another mention I want to make, I check a lot of blogs and visit the blogs of a lot of my followers and commenter's and see some beautiful creations.  I don't comment a lot as time really constrains me but I want to say thank you to all the lovely people who create the blogs that inspire me!

Fianlly I have been asked a few times, in comments so it's hard to reply individually, where is the tutorial for...etc.  Therefore I have placed all my video tutorials on one page!  Simply click the Video Tutorials page on the top of my blog, under the main picture, to ass the ones I have loaded so far!
John x

17 comments:

  1. Love the card John - great idea for a 'big' birthday I even have a Tattered lace die Champagne bottle that was a freeby from one of the magazines, which would save me a bit of hand cutting

    ReplyDelete
  2. (PS) Forgot to say congrats to Jan, your card is beautiful, and I'm off to have a look at your blog now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning John, a fabulous card, love the fact there is no die cutting but you would not know that just looking at it, I too have the freebie bottle off Tattered Lace mag and that's what I thought you had used at first lol! Love the background and great use of a bag!


    Thanks for all the info fully understandable with teo jobs I struggle with one lol!

    Congratulations to Jan on her card, its beautiful, I shall have a look at her blog later.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John. Love the card : ) It's good to see some made without dies etc. It will help me use up bits and bobs that I already have. Jan's card is beautiful, I will look at her blog after this. Thanks for the contact details and also for putting all of your videos in one place. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card and Jans csrd is beautiful-am off to look at her blog.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning John, back from mums and catching up. Good to get back to basics sometimes and the days before die cutting machines, embossing fodders etc so the creativity flows. Super job you have made for this card. Best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card John. I bet the recipient was really happy with it.
    Jan´s card is really beautiful. I´ll just nip over and have a look at her blog.
    Have a good day off.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hola John
    Nice to see something can look so good without the dies.
    You are preaching to the converted with me on not enough time to do everything. I'm forever apologising for my late comments on blogs as work causes craftus and bloggus interruptus!
    Have a great day off.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John
    Such a great idea and a lovely card ,your Mums friend will be very happy to receive this im sure .
    I have just had a quick look at Jans work ,some gorgeous cards made, i think i will be pinning my way through her blog ,thank you for the link
    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is a stunning card and as I don't/can't afford many dies it'good to see a card without them for inspiration I do have a few questions which I'll email later when on laptop and not phone! Will take a look at Jan's blog now When I hear that "commenters" have their own blog and see their stunning cards it makes me realise that you're all professionals inspiring us lowly amateurs Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John,
    Fantastic card today....so strange to see a card without dies thes days but I do love this one.
    Cingratulations to Jan for her stunning card.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning John,
    Great card, love the star effect.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. another lovely card John,just shows you don't always need dies and loads of other stuff to make a great card .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good card John.
    Thanks for the info today very interesting.
    Off to look at Jan's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John
    What a lovely card. I'm sure your mother's friend will be delighted! I went to see Jan's blog, only to discover that I'd already discovered it! What's more, I met Jan at an event at Hope and Chances in Gravesend when she was teaching how to do stitched cards! What a small world! Best wishes, Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John, a lovely card and thanks for the link to my blog. I have had some lovely comments from the ladies that follow your blog. It's nice to know that there are so many people who enjoy doing what I enjoy doing. Thanks again. Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John lovely card and no Dies I think some times we should do a card the way we did before Dies.
    I have no idea how you get time to blog,make cards and work 2 Jobs.
    Thank you for the link to Jan's blog.
    Ita

    ReplyDelete