Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Sunday, 25 May 2014

Hobbycutz Sunday

Happy Sunday,

Today's card is my inspiration for the hobbycutz Design Team and this weeks challenge is Vintage.  Now there was a time when I loved distressing however I seem to have moved away from this so far that this was a real struggle for me.  I started by choosing the papers first which is not my usual modus operandi however I feel it worked on this occasion.


I chose a blush pink, a darker shade of core'dinations cardstock and an off white and started building!



I started by die cutting 3 of the ovals from spellbinders new oval set in the three colours, then distressed them and added the beautiful wooden laser cuts from Hobbycutz, click HERE to visit the shop.

The background for this one is quite interesting I have continued my exploration of masks with two techniques ion this card.  The first square is made by embossing the mask onto the core'dinations cardstock and sending the resulting piece.  The larger background is made by simply inkling through the die and repeating the pattern

This weeks theme is Vintage so if you fancy winning some beautiful laser cuts of your own click HERE to enter the challenge or to see what the rest of the Design Team have come up with, probably more vintage than me but I gave it a go!

Enjoy...

16 comments:

  1. You might say you struggled-this card gorgeous so no problems eh?!
    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John,
    Beautiful card, the only issue for me is the big bow as you probably know I'm not a fan of big bows.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola John
    Looks effortlessly vintage to me. Now I would find it difficult as I don't do all the scuffing and fraying but no signs of a struggle for you.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John,
    WoW! I love this card John....I'm not big on vintage but I would say this is soft vintage and it's a stunner...love the colours too.
    Hope you are enjoying the Bank Holiday (ooops not sur if it applies in Spain! ).
    I'm just chilling out as our break away last week was so hectic...that's coach trips for you!.

    Love Sheila xx

    Love

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the card I obviously need help when designing a card because I tend to choose my paper/colours first Si I'm interested to find out what you do coz yo say you struggled...? I love your take on vintage

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John. Love this vintage card. It´s not too over the top Vintage. Quite soft in fact. Love the corners. Are the butterflies laser cut too?
    Have a great day relaxing.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John, a beautiful vintage card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John
    Such a beautiful card and you explain everything so even i can understand .
    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John. Love the card, not too vintaged (not sure if that is a proper word but hope you know what I mean) just right I think : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colours that you have used on this card John. It reminds me of neopolitan ice-cream (strawberry, vanilla and chocolate) !! Janice xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the card John, I'm very fond of ovals, my fav. shape. These go nicely with the corner dies too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John I am not a fan of vintage ,but this is so soft vintage ,love the couloirs ,and the coners.
    Ita.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good morning John ehst a beautiful card. I do like the design of this one. Xx

    Debs x

    debsartliffscards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete