Wednesday, 30 April 2014

It' New! Honest

Happy Wednesday,

AS promised my new Spellbinders arrived on Saturday so I thought I should quickly show a creation using them.  I don't want anyone to overdose on my SW and Lilac Addiction!

Today's card is made by using the new release Spellbinders A2 Tranquil Moments die and Spellbinders Labels Thirty Eight

AS usual, when I receive a new die I cut all the individual elements and started stacking them to see what appears.



This card is a simple stacked card with a soft cream PMD card stock matched with a petrol blue.  I nipped the corners from the tranquil moments large die cut in order to place the largest of the labels 38 inside (see picture for what I mean)

Next I added s strip of cream ribbon and foam mounted each label in the set in alternate colours on top.




The sentiment is made with the centre piece of the die set which has a beautiful filigree, almost Indian inspired, design.  To stamp the sentiment, waltzing mouse, I drew round the inside of the centre die and hand cut this in the cream.

I threaded the ribbon through the centre piece by nipping the filigree to create a slit to thread through.

Finally a bow and a matching hat pin and complete.

I'm sure there will be more complex creations from this die however to start something, relatively, simple!

Enjoy...

20 comments:

  1. Hola John
    Absolutely delightful. Love that shade of blue. Im after the Reflective Moments one, when its back in stock.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card-great colours.

    Miichele.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John
    A beautiful card the colors are lovely and i really like the style and of course one of your magical bows to set it off.
    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning John,
    Stunning card, love the blue with cream, just lovely.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a nice die, John.Very delicate. You have made good use of it in this card.
    Cheers
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John. Love the card, the colour and the die. Please stop buying all these dies as when I see what you do with them I have to have them too.
    My Striplet die finally arrived yesterday but not had time to play with it yet.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely results from the new die - I bet you come up with dozens of permutations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John. Love it : ) The blue is great, it really shows off the detail of the dies doesn't it. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the card. Beautiful die cuts and bow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John, lovely card. Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John,
    Beatiful card and I love the way you have shown it off...that blue is gorgeous it shows the die off perfectly and looks so lovely with the cream.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is a fab die set have it but not used enough ,will have to get it out again another fantastic card ,great colour the petrol blue .Laura O .

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning John, love this die, it has been on my list a while now, don't know why it never quite makes my basket lol! Beautiful creation and I love the colours. The verse is fabulous too.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful card John, a what a lovely die too. Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John ,O.M.G. This is lovely,the blue is lovely colour,thanks for the inspiration
    Hugs
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Yet more dies for me to lust after

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab card - luv how you have used the dies and the sentiment is brilliant xx luv the shade of blue card too xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John
    I am one of your newest fans from down under. I love the the card you have designed. I now have to wait for my die to come to try some things out.
    Many thanks Annamieke from Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous layering of die cuts :) x

    ReplyDelete