Thursday, 17 April 2014

It's Sue Week!

Happy Thursday!

I am beginning to think it's a Sue Wilson week this week as here is another creation however I thought I should switch around the dies and this time I used only the Spanish collection background die.  This card is made purely with the background die, I used this as it seems to me to be so much more than just a background!

I added the spellbinders curved borders one die as I still feel that spellbinders work so well with Sue's dies.  I also noticed, whether this is a coincidence or not, that they are on the same size gauge.  The dies seem to match the notches on the border dies that show the edges of the card creator series from Spellbinders!

This card starts as a fold over where the two cuts forming the front cover the piece at the back however they fold out to show the whole back piece.



The square across the front is made by carefully cutting the centre section from the die and mounting this onto the teal pieces cut from the centres of the folds.



I started by cutting the background along with the border die at the top.  This was cut three times and each piece mounted onto teal card and then the centres removed.  The section to cut is obvious in the die that's the great thing about these dies.

The final centre is added length ways and a sentiment, precious from Waltzing Mouse, added.


A complex fold that doesn't really show on the pictures but it looks nice!

Enjoy...

20 comments:

  1. Hola John
    Wow. . . . . . .Wow. . . . . .and did I say Wow?
    Stunningly wonderful and wonderfully stunning.
    And did I say Wow yet?
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    PS. . . . . Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John

    Also 3 Wow's from me , Gosh how wonderful is this ! really lovely John.

    Have a good day
    Elaine H x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ang says it all from me too, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! John this is stunning. Absolutely love it and if my card is anything to go by this must be even better in the flesh. Keep up the great work.
    Hugs SueC x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John,
    I too echo what Ang has said, you have such wonderful ideas.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow wow wow ,too this is stunning ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John,
    Oh what a pleasure it is to visit your blog....you come up with some stunning designs and today's card is no exception. Oh and it's definitely worth...WOW! WOW! WOW! as the other ladies have said.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh.....how do you think of these designs??? This is incredible. I keep looking at the pictures trying to work out what you have done. This is certainly a card for a BEST friend.
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John, a stunning card, and as the others have said WOW! WOW! WOW! I have this die so will give it a go. What size card did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi beryl,
      The card fold section is made from 2 pieces of a4 however the overall size is set by the size of the mounted due cuts

      John x

      Delete
    2. Could we have measurements...just ordered three sue wilson dies based on your beautiful work!

      Delete
  10. John 'nice' is an understatement - it is absolutely stunning - luv it xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a stunning card John, I love it. Have a good Easter weekend. Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card John, but then I think it would be hard to make a horrible card with Sue's beautiful dies. Got my striplette die yesterday, but no time to try it yet..... perhaps today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John, What a Truly Stunning Card you are so talented, I'm sure Sue would love to see this it's Exceptional thanks for sharing.
    Hugs from Sam

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Wow what a fantastic card John, superb design ,and Sue ' dies are super.
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another stunning card John, don't know where your ideas come from but they are fabulous, we definitely need a tutorial on this card don't you agree?

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John, I must try to look at your blog earlier, then I'd be the first to say WOW and stunning! I've not been able to comment in a timely way this week, but all your cards have been EXTRAORDINARY . There! No one has said that yet have they? Best wishes, happy Easter! Anne O

    ReplyDelete