Monday, 21 April 2014

Lilac Challenge...

Happy Monday,

More experiments with the Sue Wilson Valencia die I'm afraid today!  I cut the centre section in white PMD card three times however the planned card didn't work the way I wanted, therefore rather than just trashing the pieces I decided to make three separate cards using the piece and same colours and see what differences I could make.  I love challenging myself as I'm sure you can tell form some of my creations!

The chosen colours were white and lilac however the first card I accented with a pastel blue card.  This is a simple card with the die cut being foam mounted over the lilac card I simply matted the centre die from the set, cut in lilac and inked with distress inks, with the pale blue and added a spray of flowers cut from Spellbinders Cherry Blossom.



 I really wanted to use the Sue Wilson quilled flowers die however It has been out of stock however I now believe Joanna Sheen has it in stock so when funds allow all the quilled dies will be my next purchase)  The bow is a wide satin bow in blue however to get the floppy look I punched two holes in the top of the main piece and threaded the ribbon through so that I could get a floppy. hand tied, bow.

The card is finished with a few hatpins and some lilac gems and the first challenge complete.

Next Card Tomorrow,  Enjoy...



11 comments:

  1. Hi John. Lovely card : ) You have no need to apologise for using Sues dies. They are so beautiful I would be sad not to use them. I have not been able to afford any of them yet (Hubby off work since beginning of Feb with a broken hand, and he won't be able to work again until at least Sept. so money is very very tight!) It is my birthday in a couple of weeks so hope I will get one or two to start my collection. I love seeing what you and Sue do with them though, and as I love your style I am happy to see them all : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola John
    Love the card section of this creation but not mad for today's bow, I'm afraid. The flowers are very pretty. I have given the cherry blossom set a swerve but may have to rethink as they do look great when you have used them.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning John,
    Love your card, ans as Mrs B said don't apologise for using them. Now the bow you know I have said many times before big bows are not for me sorry. With regards to Sue's flower dies this was the first set I purchased and have used them
    constantly, they are beautiful.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks very pretty, John, and the flower corsage is perfect, but I'm afraid I feel todays bow is just a little too big. Yesterdays looked perfect but this one is hiding too much of the card.
    Cheers
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card and will borrow the quilled die when you get it, Bow overpowers though, would look much better being smaller. Sorry. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John,
    I am always happy to see Sue Wilson Dies and your creations using them ,so please keep them coming .
    I am loving the style and color of todays card and the Bow is perfect for me, it has style and the flowers are lovely .
    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card and likin the 'floppy' bow xx can't wait to see the next two creations xx enjoy the rest of your Easter weekend xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning John, just catching up on the last few posts whilst I have been away. Just love the box you made with the striplet die, I shall be giving this a go as and when I have time. Lots of wonderful designs. Not sure about the bow on this one though as it hides the lovely card underneath!! Anyway congratulations on reaching a 100 blog followers, that is a real milestone. Best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning John, I beat you to it - ordered both of the flower sets, the heart Lattice Striplet, and ended up succumbing again to one of the bow die sets (can't think of the name, but it isn't the plain one, or the lattice one! LOL). All from Joanna, as she sells postage free! Pretty card today, but I think the bow is a bit too big, IMHO. (don't let my comment put you off though).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well John I'm a new follower of yours and I beg to differ with the ladies - I adore the big bow but that is probably coz I also love Sue Wilson big bows. A matter of choice methinks. It would be boring if we were all the same x

    ReplyDelete
  11. wouldn't have put blue with the lilac but it goes quite well ,another lovely card ,hope you had a lovely Easter .Laura O

    ReplyDelete