Wednesday, 2 April 2014

More Pond Inspiration...

Happy Wednesday,



Tomorrow I will be posting the tutorial for the second half of the box and card I made a couple of weeks ago.  This time it's how to make the flower and base card.



Back to today a couple of weeks ago I was inspired by Mrs Duck, view her blog HERE, to buy the Sue Wilson striplet die as she has made so many beautiful things with it.  Today's card is the first I made inspired by the die and a trip to Mrs Ducks Pond.

I started by die cutting the striplet three times across a square of PMD (paper Mill Direct as Janine asked what I meant by PMD) cardstock in lilac.  I used the die without the outer section to create the filigree effect.  Next I mounted this, with foam tape, onto a piece of a darker shade of lilac / purple leaving a thin border before mounting onto a hand cut card blank using cream hammered PMD card (I managed to buy some A3 cardstock which allows me to make the larger size of card I have been making recently.

The centre section is simply the two shades of card hand cut and embossed using Spellbinders Gold Ovals with a sentiment from sentimentals by Crafters Companion.  Finally a few paper roses, which match the colour beautifully, bought on my last shopping trip to the U.K.

Enjoy...

16 comments:

  1. What a lovely creation, the die seems very useful-am getting tempted!

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John,
    Beautiful card, love the colours. This die is on my wish list, hopefully I may get it for my birthday in a couple of weeks.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous John, my fave colours too. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola John
    I did warn folk that resistance was futile. I should be on commission from Sue hahaha!
    I love the Striplet and I love lilac/purple and I love flowers so its fandabidozi* as far as I'm concerned.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    * apologies for any emotional trauma caused by anyone remembering the Krankies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So so beautiful is your card John, this die is top of my wish list

    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  6. That striplet die is so versatile - makes a beautiful card too. Love your colour choices and will look forward to seeing more using that die.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning John
    What a gorgeous card just love those deep colours. I too relented and bought this die having told myself that I could do without it at the moment but it just kept niggling at me until in the end I caved in lol!
    Have a good day
    Hugs Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning John,
    Such a gorgeous card today, see it today you have made me want/need the striplet die. Thank you for the inspiration.

    Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John fantastic card,love the colours,I have the Die but have not played with it enough,I think because I bought a lot of Dies from Sue at the one time,so I am going to work with them one at a time and hope this will work.
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely creation John. I can't make up my mind about this die. I love what you and Mrs Duck have created with it but when I went to the show at Thetford on Sunday and saw it I felt it was an awkward size. Too big for a C6 card, too small to an A5 card. May I ask what size your card is in the picture. Many thanks, Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am with you and Mrs Duck, this is probably my favourite die, it just seems to work in so many ways. Love the colours you have used here.
    Cheeers
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous John, so many designs to be had with this die. Lovely colour too.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John,
    Lovely card as usual.
    ( Mrs. Duck - I remember the Krankies very well!!)

    lol Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John
    Lovely card - composition and colours! I've just bought this die too! Sue's intricate dies make beautiful backgrounds and you show them off so well.
    Best wishes
    Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  15. another stunner and I do love these dies ,have not got this one chose the three background ones instead but they are fab ,This is a lovely card and the colours are great too ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi john. Beautiful card. I love the lilac/purple : ) Sues dies are all gorgeous. it's my birthday soon so fingers crossed that I can get a couple. Take care.

    ReplyDelete