Monday, 14 April 2014

Sinned Again...

Happy Monday,

I have to admit it I have sinned again and bought another Sue Wilson die, I just couldn't resist it!  This is the first card I made with the new Valencia die set, this set appealed to me because it is just so versatile and because I live in Valencia.

I decided to try making it in traditional Spanish Flamenco colours of Red and Black as the layers in the die set up a beautiful frame.


The final section in the centre is made using Sue Wilson's Spanish collection background die.







I started by cutting the largest die in red card, then I die cut the next, filigree only, die along with the centre panel in black card.  I then cut the centre only die from red card and offset this behind to show red through the filigree.

The final background die is cut in black and placed behind, each layer is spaced with foam tape to give dimension.

The sentiment panel is the centre section die left whole with a hand cut red mat.  A few black gems and red and black ribbon and finished.


I feel I have have found a new favourite, sorry Mrs Duck, as I have been beavering away with this set all weekend!!

Enjoy...

14 comments:

  1. Hi John. Great card : ) You already know I love Sue's dies as much as you do so no suprise that that you have got another one. I love the layers that you have created, and what better colours to use than red and black : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow-this is stunning! Think its a combination of the colours & the dies-fantastic.
    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this knocks ya socks off for a Monday morning,. xxxx
    Lovely though. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning John
    WOW! This is stunning. Love the layers. Another great creation.
    Hugs SueC x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John,
    Wow! this woke me up what a striking card, love the layout and the colours, may not be to everybody's taste but I love them.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hola John
    Olé! Makes me want to get me castanets out (steady!) This die is, indeed, gorgeous and you need make no apology for using it. Love the ribbon you have used too. Matches the design perfectly.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woe ! just fabulous John ,Im loving it all the dies ,colors, style, ribbons and black pearls .

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well you might have sinned, but at least you have confessed! LOL. Love the card, and I don't think I've ever seen a die which Sue used, that I didn't like.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John,
    I don't blame you for sinning as Sue's dies are fabulous aren't they? Red and black aways so so dramatic and your card today is very flamenco...I love it...it's stunning!

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Luvly card and very Spanish!! I have decided that this following blog lark is going to be an expensive pass time xx I have wanted the SW striplet die from the off but then I saw a card made by Hazel and another made by SW using Cordoba and Granada dies and now yours using the Valencia die and I now want them all!! what is a girl to do! xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card John, very rich and striking and I for one don't mind if we have a flurry of cards with this die. Best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning John, lovely use of the beautiful die.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. nice card, oooh another fav die ,I don't mind if you use this as much as the strip one .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John agree with all the others comments,I love.black and red,another piece of art ,to add to your list.
    Ita

    ReplyDelete