Sunday, 27 April 2014

HobbyCutz Sunday

Happy Sunday,

Today sees my return to creating the inspiration for my place on the hobbycutz design Team.  I´m afraid I have been AWOL for the last month due to the team changes and the schedule moving from weekly to 2 weekly!  Well I have been set a challenge this week as the theme is GLITTER !!!! not something I use a great deal of so I was stuck for quite a while until i remembered the technique of die cutting and glittering in the apertures.  Therefore after some playing this card was born!

I started by die cutting three of the sections from Spellbinders Adorning Squares into white card.  Next I used a double sided adhesive sheet from 3L which I stuck to another piece of white card, I removed the top layer and stuck the die cut piece down
.  The gaps are then glittered with a lovely pale blue glitter, a gift form Mrs Duck, before being mounted onto charcoal glitter card.


The remainder of the card is simply a gate fold with layers of pale blue, white and charcoal glitter card before the glittered piece was foam mounted, to one side only, at an angle.

 The centre panel was then decorated with some hobbycutz laser cut pieces which i gently dusted with mica powder to add to the glittery look.

This weeks challenge is sponsored by Sassy Studios and there are some great prizes on offer so Click HERE to enter or see what the rest of the design team have come up with, probably more glittery than me!


Enjoy

16 comments:

  1. Morning John fantastic card, love what you have done with the wooden embellishments x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful-just enough glitter i'd say!

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John. Beautiful card. I think you have got the amount of glitter just right, the blue glitter is lovely isn't it. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card I'm not a glittery person so this charcoal would be my choice too (if I had to do glitter!) I'm using my phone so it's a bit more difficult to navigate - have you posted the flip box tutorial to place "deep" cards in?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John,
    Love the concept of this card and I love how you have used the glitter, like you I don't often use it. The only thing for me is I find the front focal element a bit too large, but that's just me.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John
    I noticed you were AWOL,but guessed you must have been too busy,with all your other beautiful creations and work .
    Todays card is lovely , not over glittered at all , i dont do glitter very often as i get in such a mess ,however i do better with the glitter in a bottle for dotting on flowers etc
    have a lovely Sunday
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely way of using glitter John without it being overpowering ...or getting everywhere!! best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks fab, need to see ya later are you in?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John,
    Absolutely fabulous! I'm another one who is not overly fond of glitter so for me you have just the right amount on your card. Love the colour.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous John, I don't like a lot of glitter on cards (it gets everywhere) so this is perfect, just a touch to add some bling!

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hola John
    I usually end up glittering apertures as I've made a boo boo lol!
    Fab card matey. You have made glitter look elegant and wonderful design.
    Enjoy your day off.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the subtle glitter today John - I'm not keen on 'in your face' glitter, so this suits me fine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely John. Great use of the glitter. Have a good day off.

    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  14. HI John,
    This is a good use of glitter. Subtle, on a very nice card design.
    Cheers
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  15. nice use of the giltter not too .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab card and not toooo glittery - I'm not a lover of glitter don't mind a bit on cards but not a lover of using the stuff xx Enjoy the rest of your weekend xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete