Monday, 7 April 2014

Tutorial Sneak Peak...

Happy Monday I know I said that yesterday!!!,

To answer the questions from yesterday I use archival ink in black for acetate however I have also used stazon in the past.  I also got a little confused yesterday as i wrote the post quickly as Mr Next Door was flying in at the last minute!

For tomorrow I have worked up yet another tutorial, this time for die cutting the spellbinders filigree delight die without it cutting the outside edges.  I used this technique on my Mothers day card, which my mum loved, click HERE if you missed it.  Today's card is the one I made using the resultant die cut piece in blue as you can see the filigree is the only part cut the outside edge is left whole.  This technique allows you to make this piece as large as you want.

In this example I have placed a Sue Wilsonesque pierced frame around the die cut however this is foam mounted on top of the die cut piece with a small edge peeping through.  I did it this way to showcase the edge and to prove there is no trickery lol!

I mounted the whole piece on a light blue mat and foam mounted this on a few layers of pastel and navy blue.

Next I added flowers which are cut using Spellbinders Cherry blossom die with inked centres and edges which I have shaped using the same technique as I showed in my video flower tutorial, click HERE to see that!  I stuck the Flowers on around one corner and overlapped them onto the frame, i added some perfect pearls in the very centres as well as some dots to highlight the filigree delight die cut.

The centre piece is a stack of Spellbinders Gold Ovals with a stamp in my signature Enjoy...

Tune in tomorrow for the tutorial on making the filigree die cut,

 for Today,


Enjoy...

12 comments:

  1. Hi John. Great card, it's showing up as black rather than navy on my screen but still lovely. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John
    Loving your card ,looking forward to the Tutorial
    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning John,
    Love your new header showing some of your wonderful creations. Beautiful card today loved the way you have used the tiny flowers.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this and I am intrigued about your new technique.
    Cheers
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola John
    Very bold and dramatic and stunning. Showing black for me too but still fab.
    Thanks for the ink info.
    Love the new heading. Wish I knew how to do something exciting with mine.
    Have a great day and safe travels to the OH.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John. Lovely card and looking forward to the tut tomorrow.
    Great new heading, showcasing some of your lovely cards.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John,
    Great card today and very dramatic....loking forward to the tutorial and I love the new header.

    Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John, Stunning card, looking forward to the tutorial. Love the new heading showing your wonderful creations.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. good morning John, firstly loving the new header to your blog! Sorry I didn't get to see your post yesterday I was so tired after Excel the day just passed me by but the card is delightful as is today's offering though I thought it was black and white until I read the words. The cherry blossom flowers are so useful aren't they. Now, confession time - I bought the striplet at Excel !! best wishes Jackie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John love the new top of your blog,stunning cards.
    Today's card is also showing black on the screen.I am having a bad brain day,I have been in the Hospital since 10.oo and just home ,I am exhausted so I can not understand how you made the card.
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  11. fab card today will definately be here tomorrow to see the video .,do like these delicate cherry flowers ,cute .Laura O

    ReplyDelete