Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Saturday, 5 April 2014

Goodbye Old Friend

Happy Saturday,



Today's creation is a something different and It was made specifically for someone and was given yesterday.  The shop I work in I work with two lovely Ladies however one of them, Hazel, decided to return to the U.K. permanently.  I have loved working with her and she has become a really good friend.  When my Step Father was Ill and my mum was 24 hour caring it was like having 2 extra mums, hazel was the fun mum!


I wanted to make something really special for her and she loves Birds and Birdcages so this just flipped into my mind.  A few months ago Amazing Paper Grace made a similar filigree stand to hold a photo, this has been sitting at the edge of my brain for a situation just like this.

I started by die cutting the small cage from Spellbinders birds and cages 4 times and sticking them together to make a 3D birdcage.  I added a cocktail stick inside to house the bird cut with the same die.  Next I made the filigree stand, in six die cuts, to hold the cage.  Finally I made a hexagonal box in acetate to hold the creation.  The sentiment I used is a crafters companion stamp with the sentiment, which I thought was really appropriate "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

If you want a tutorial on the cage, stand or both let me know and I will see what Wendy and I can do!

For Enjoy...

16 comments:

  1. What a beautiful gift John and such touching words. Sounds as though you will really miss Hazel but I'm sure she won't forget you with this present, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW-this is amazing! A tutorial would be great, not that i'd be able to re-create this but I could try.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning John,
    Wow! this blew me away, it's stunning. I'm sure Hazel will treasure it.
    John
    Have you read my comment from yesterday, it seems I'm not the only one having trouble with your email.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow John this is fantastic ,I'm sure it will be loved .Off to see son in hospital ,had his appendix out yesterday ,so busy running to and fro .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your son is ok

      Take care, john xxx

      Delete
  5. Oh my,oh my How exquisite is your creation ? Hazel will be so touched and happy you have made her this John , gosh it must have taken you hours .
    Yes a video would be just great , { please Wendy please Oh and you John of course } haha


    Have a good weekend
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John,
    Oh my giddy aunt!! What a wonderfully exquisite keepsake and I'm sure Hazel will be totally thrilled with it. Oh and I'd love to see how they were made as I have to make a Golden Wedding card soon and something like this would be ideal.

    Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. ABSOLUTELY STUNNING, how you come up with these ideas is beyond me, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely stunning John, amazing. I too saw the similar design on Amazing Grace (Becca has such amazing idea) and loved it but never got round to doing anything like it, probably through lack of items but yours is truly inspirational so YES, YES, YES to the tutorials please, sorry Wendy! Love the colours you have chosen too. bet she was delighted when she received it?

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's really hard to lose an old friend, I left so many behind when I came to live here (Ireland). But most have visited at least once, and we keep in touch with emails. Love the card, I'm sure your 'old friend' will carry it back with her really carefully.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hola John
    Blimey O' Riley! I'd love 5 minutes inside your head! I hope Hazel has a large case as she won't want to squish this piece of art.
    Fabulous!
    Have a good weekend with the OH.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  11. John, what a fabulous idea and a beautiful gift all rolled into one. Yes please for the tutorial. Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now this is REALLY something different. Fantastic
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John,
    Fab card bet Hazel loved it! Look forward to the tut.
    Love Nancy
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John another work of art,your friend will love it.
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow John

    I have only just found your blog - by looking at someone who pinned something I'd found on Pinterest, had a look at what they had pinned, and saw some amazing stuff on her board which stood out a mile. I followed that trail and guess what - it brought me here - the cards I saw were YOURS!!! I am so glad I have discovered you and your stunning cards and projects. I get excited when I see something wonderful and then realise I have the same (very underutilised) dies. Not that I have a lot of dies, but sometimes I see the odd one where I actually do have it so I could possibly make something similar!!

    This project is absolutely jaw-dropping! I am sure that it went down well with Hazel - who wouldn't be thrilled and chuffed to receive something so beautiful?!

    I too love Becca's blog and have been visiting there since early 2010 when I first discovered blogging! Her projects manage to blow me away each time she posts!!!

    I am going to read a little more about you and have a look at some more of your stunners - and rest assured - I will be a regular visitor of your blog because I am going to sign up to receive notifications...

    Best regards, and happy crafting!

    Paula - (from across the pond)!
    x x x

    ReplyDelete