Friday, 11 April 2014

Stripletus Overuseus!

Happy Friday,


I have defineatley caught Striplets overuseus from Mrs Duck as todays card is another example of the flexibility of this die.  This time I have made a simple card and a matching flip box (see tomorrows post for Easter to see what I mean by flip box)

I like to give my cards in rigid box's as it helps protects them and makes a nice gift.  Therefore I started by making the box which is a preview of the flip box's I have made for Easter.





Here is a close up of the box, I have made this using the Sue Wilson striplet die that I am in Love with!  This is a simple card and box but the intricacy makes it very elegant in my view!


The card is a simple half fold A4 PMD card on the landscape with a strip of the Striplet down one side foam mounted above gold mirror card.  I added some gems in the middle, one of the things I Love about Sue's dies is that there always seems to be a place to put a gem or my ever present pearls!  The sentiments are stamped, crafters companion again, in detail gold embossing powder and double mounted on gold.
This shot shows the card in situ in the box and finally just the box sans  ribbon.

Enjoy...

12 comments:

  1. Morning John,
    Fantastic card and box, tad dark for me but can see it other colours. Love it.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John. I´ve just got to have this striplet die. You´re definitely brain washing me into buying it.
    Beautiful card and box. Love the pearls of course.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John
    Im loving this striplet die too , and im certainly loving todays card and box just my color too its just beautiful .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous John, love the new blog look too, great idea, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola John
    Ah, I knew the epidemic would soon sweep the nation but I think its going pandemic as its reaching foreign parts! In fact, it will be out and being stroked my craft room today (ooh err Mrs)
    I am warming to shades of brown nowadays, thanks to you. Just right for Easter in this rich chocolate piece of elegance. Yum!
    Can't believe its a week since I sat having coffee with your OH. Tempus fugit eh?
    Have a great day matey.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning John and thank you for today's card, Simple and elegant in whatever colour but the chocolate and gold are so warming. As I now have the die think I may have to follow this for a ruby anniversary card as I have 3 to make and they have to be all different as they are for the same couple so hope you don't mind. best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John. Love it and looking forward to the flip box! Totally understand the use of the striplet die. The fact that you can, and do, use it in so many ways is the sign of a great piece of kit in my mind. Sue has got it exactly right with every die I think : ) Have a good weekend. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John,
    Oh I bought some chocolate card last weekend at a show and now you have given me the inspiration to use it. I must get the striplet die too as it's one of Sue's that I haven't got yet. The card and box to match is gorgeous and many thanks for sharing it with us.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card and box and luvin the colour combo (like an expensive bar of choccy) xx have a fab weekend xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful card again John. Love the browns and creams combination. Also really like the top of your blog page that shows off all your creations. Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning John, love the design and use of die. Mrs Duck got a lot to answer to lol! Love the colour too, would make a great Chocolate box.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. do love this die too works so well on the side of any card .Mrs Duck is so right it is a fab die.Laura O

    ReplyDelete