Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Monday, 28 April 2014

Royal Purple & Gold Monday...

Happy Monday,

I wanted to wake everyone this morning with a bright creation in Imperial Purple (my Classics teacher at school would be so glad I remembered that this shade was exclusively for roman emperors! lol)

There is a story behind this card as I made it while watching Sue Wilson on Create and Craft  a couple of weeks ago.  She showed a beautiful card in purple and then one with her Californian die mounted over gilding flakes.  I just decided to mix to the two together, whether this is successful is up to you!



I stared by die cutting the background and then hand cutting it into 6 squares.  Next I cut six squares of double sided adhesive sheet and stuck them down onto purple card stock.  Then it was simply a case of gilding each square and adding the die cut squares.  I then cut these out with a purple border and mounted them onto a sheet of gold mirror card.











The remainder was pretty simple as I just mounted the completed piece with the squares on gold an purple before foam mounting them onto a hand cut card.

The sentiment panel is a centre section form spellbinders rectangles however it is hovering over a gold ovals one die cut in gold.


I'm not sure about the Flowers, they were a bargain buy in the U.K. last year however they seem a little big.


Enjoy...

16 comments:

  1. Wow, what a rich looking card John. I really must try and get one of Sue's background dies, they are 'Sue'per!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card certainly is a success! Its stunning-love it.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John. It's a lovely card, good for you mixing two ideas. I think it works well. Not too fancy, which is perfect for those that don't like lots of pretty frilly bits, you know what I mean-can't think of the right words! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it I've been trying to get this background die as it is a favourite on my Need List but whenever I go to shop for it it's out of stock! I have to watch how much I spend because I'm an occasional card maker and thought this die will work for both male and female cards Going shopping again now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John
    I keep asking myself WHY are you not on the TV with your crafting skills and ideas ?
    Todays card is just Stunning ,i love it ! the color purple is very regal fit for the Queen is this one .

    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, definitely successful John. Best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful as always John.

    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hola John
    Very regal looking. . . Fit for a queen! A definite success. Flowers may be a smidgen too big but not overly.
    What card stock is the purple? I have PMD purple but its not as deep as this and I need some dark purple for an RSVP card I need to do.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John
    Such an opulent looking card I love the purple and think the flowers work well with it.
    Oh I do love SW dies and can't wait to see what her next sets will be like.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is stunning John, so love the colours on this one, looks exquisite.

    Love & Hugs
    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning John,
    You are certainly doing Sue proud with her dies, I'm sure she would love your creations. This is stunning love the colour.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John,
    You have done it again, a really special card, this one!
    Thank you for sharing your inspirational skills with us.
    Best Regards, Lis x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John Wow Wow this card Spectacular ,I just love the colours,I think the flowers a little bit smaller.
    Thanks for all the inspiration ,
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  14. It works for me and I luv the colour combo too - fab card and fab techniques xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete