Sunday, 10 December 2017

Quilted in pink...

Happy Sunday,

I hope everyone is well wrapped up with the weather being so cold and possibly snowy!

One of my favourite techniques today using the panel die from the sandwich box die set.

















I stared by cutting the panel die into two sides of a piece of wild berry lustre print card.  Next I cut 2 larger panels of the rosa pink and quilted them using the die running it through my platinum using the embossing sandwich so that it embosses but doesn't cut.  I placed these behind the cut pieces so that the embossed areas pop through the cut pieces.
I then added a wide stripe of satin edged ribbon in chocolate with a tie from.  I stamped the sentiment, from my everyday sentiments clear stamps set and cut this out with the larger notched tag die in the tags set.  I added a border made in the pink using the largest and smallest notched tags.


My usual set of mats and layers and finished.

Enjoy...

30 comments:

  1. WOW! oh! WOW!! what a stunning card, love it.
    Might have a go later it would make an amazing Chistmas Card.
    Hope you manage to relax for a little while today.
    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card John, like this technique.
    Joycex

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI John
    A very effective way to use your dies and it is a stunning card.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John.
    Thank you a lovely card.
    lots of snow this morning.
    Take care all and keep warm. Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John, a gorgeous card.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card John Enjoyed your demo day yesterday Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning John, oh this is fabulous, I have been thinking about doing this technique in my head but to be truthful I have been so busy and am very tired, so not got round to doing it yet, but I will, oh I got more of the lustre cardstock yesterday, the colours are simply amazing, much better in real life.

    Hope you enjoyed Chesterfield store yesterday.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely card. Really enjoyed your demo yesterday John. It was a shame there were so few people around, but good for those of us who were there - we got your undivided attention! No snow here at Dronfield yet, but they keep telling us it's on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card today, John. I am going to hibernate today - we have quite a covering of snow and it's still coming.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John
    A beautiful card, great colours.
    My card cracked when I tried quilting it, so I spritzed it next time which helped a bit.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning John,
    Love the card not sure about the ribbon.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card Useful for so many occasions I struggle to just emboss card without it cracking I wil try spritzing with water as someone else has suggested

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card today John love it thank you
    Love June Horrocks xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card John, and a great technique. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good morning John Lovely card the pink is gorgeous love the quilted look

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely seeing you at Crafters Companion yesterday John x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello John, a really lovely card, such a beautiful colour combo. Take care and stay warm today everyone. Very snowy outside. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John, Great card today and suitable for many occasions,love the colours.Stay safe healthy and happy,at the moment we have escaped the snow here in Lancs but frosty .Have a good day Lots of Love
    Barbara D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the panels John. Such a pretty card.
    Love Valxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. A beautiful card John. Love the chocolate coloured ribbon with those colours. Thank you. Well I am very lucky to be able to comment today. After commentating yesterday the iPad refused to do anything. So couldn't use it yesterday and most of today. Was able to see my son and he has fixed it, for a while, having had to delete quite a few things so something must be done. Sooner rather than later. He has backed everything up. Take care everyone.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John. I would have to agree that the quilting technique is very striking (Shame I am not so good at it).

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  22. Eh up John
    Not a fan of the big strip of ribbon but still a super card.
    Hope you have been snuggled on the sofa with Kate's woolly socks watching naff TV, with a big plate of cheese.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this technique which looks so effective.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  24. Marie from Longridge11 December 2017 at 10:11

    Beautiful card John. So much to learn!! Thank you for sharing.
    Marie P.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John this is a stunning card. I love it. Your Christmas decorations looked amazing. It is good you didn't have to go out in the snow. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete