Monday, 11 December 2017

Apple or Honeydew...

Happy Monday,

I hope everyone in the U.K. thats been afflicted with the snow ( Myself included) have kept nine and warm lol  I thought I would share today a card and matching bow that should remind us all of spring as the colour ( Honeydew or apple I can never decide what to call it) is to me at least very spring like!


There may be many more sets of cards and boxes as I love making a matching bow which allows me to make the cards as deep as i like!

I stared with the card and based this on a 6x6" card blank ( the perfect fit for the sandwich box)  I then matted and layered with the honeydew and gold lustre card.  I then added a panel of dots embossed honeydew lustre card that I had sanded to show the white card.

Next I cut a wreath using the press cut stitch dot dies to fit the card.  I then coloured a piece of white card using the izink dye based ink pads in verbena, tea and dawn.  I then cut my starflower leaves from the card which gives the look of shades on foliage.

I cut the starflower dies in gold lustre card and layers these in the different sizes with crafts too iridescent gems.  I arranged these on the foliage adding the smaller flowers around the edges.

Finally I stamped a sentiment from my everyday sentiments set and cut this out with my mini tags die set.

Enjoy...

34 comments:

  1. Hi John.
    Thank you a lovely box and card.
    Take care and keep warm Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John
    Gorgeous box and card,anyone would love to receive it.
    Thanks Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning John, what a beautiful set and the colours are lovely.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John, a lovely set, I think it is fab to give a card with a matching box, it just shows the recipient how much effort has gone into it. Love the colour, and I think Apple suits it perfectly. Have a good day and stays safe everyone, very icy out there. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card and box John in nice fresh colours.Take care everyone during this cold spell.
    Joycex

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card John. Your lustre card is amazing.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card and box John
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card and box John I have just ordered the box die cannot wait for it to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning John, another gorgeous creation for us today, love it. I think Honeydew is the colour I would call it, reminds me of summer in a warm meadow, no don't laugh, that is what springs to my mind. Anyway a wonderful card. Those flowers and leaves really do finish it off nicely.

    Stay in the warm and dry if you can, I am sure you have loads to get done. Oh and your Christmas decorations look fabulous, you should have been an interior designer but glad your not and that you have channelled your talents into the craft world. xx

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A eautiful set in such a lovely colour.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning John,
    Believe it or not we have escaped the worst of the snow in this corner of Perthshire but man! it's so blooming cold Brrrr!!
    Your beautiful card has hit the spot making us think of the wonderful weather and season to come. Everything about it is amazing.
    Have a great day, stay safe on those roads.
    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John
    A gorgeous card and box, great colours.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is absolutely gorgeous, John.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card and box I love this shade of green, very Spring like

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the colour of this card, beautiful. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello John
    Such a gorgeous card and box you have shown us today. Your colour choice is just perfect!
    Lesley S x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning John,
    Beautiful card and box, a reminder that this awful weather will go away.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John a lovely card today thank you xxxxx
    June Horrocks

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John
    A beautiful card and lovely box to match.
    Can't wait to get my starflower dies.

    ReplyDelete
  20. A beautiful card today John. I love the starflowers but I bought the leaves too and cannot find them at the moment lol. I know they made it to the craft room but have yet to find where they are hiding.
    Hugs Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good morning John beautiful card and box I love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John this is a stunning card and box the dies are amazing. I love the colours they are beautiful. No snow down here in the south just lots of rain. Stay safe and warm. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  23. A beautiful card John and a nice change from Christmas cards. We dodged a bullet here and only had a little snow - not enough to stop anyone getting around. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello John,
    What a lovely cheerful Spring like card and box! I need to get this! It’s on my List for after Christmas. Good to learn the size of card which nicely as well! Thank you!
    I think the Midlands was worst hit by yesterday’s snow! Family in Warwick got lots we in sunny Lancs got none!!
    The NE England had a lot too.
    Take care John when out and about! Last After School Craft Club today Yeh!!
    Love Myra xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John, Hope you are now snow free we were lucky here hardly any snow but very very cold.This card is just beautiful and just my cup of tea,absolutely gorgeous. Stay warm and healthy and happy Lots of Love Barbara D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello John,
    I love the fact that you have made such a stunning box die to go with those special cards that we hand deliver.
    I treated myself to the everyday sentiments and mini tags. They arrived today and I'm so pleased I ordered them.What a brilliant idea for making life so much easier and they are so gorgeous!They are even nicer in real life. Thanks John xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi John. Such a pretty card today and great to see a box to go with it to protect all those pretty flowers.

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi John, This is gorgeous !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Just love this spotty card John. S beautiful card. Can't wait for my flowers and leaves to arrive from UK.
    Love Valxxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful card and box John. Thank you very much for sharing this. I need more time to try out these dies. Think it will be after Christmas now.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Eh up John
    Very pretty and Springlike. I'd go with apple as you don't want to feel a right melon......Boom boom!
    Still have plenty of snow on the ground here.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete