Thursday, 7 December 2017

Classic Me...

Happy Thursday,

Today I thought I would share another card made using the Sandwich Box dies ( or at least one of the dies in the se) that is very me.  I love making these border cards however with the matching small corner form the sandwich box set I was able to put a matching centre in the card.


I cut the panel die from the sandwich box set around a square of the cocoa bean lustre card matching each die cut on the edge so the pattern goes around the card.

Next I used the small triangular die form the same set and cut this into a square of the same colour card.  I matted this on the gold glaze adding small pearls on each of the junctions.  I then matted this on increasing layers of the gold gaze and the cocoa bean.

I finished with a large starflower cut in the redwood lustre card and a soapy of my starflower leaves cut in the gold lustre.

Simple but very me!


Enjoy...

38 comments:

  1. Morning John oh you do make me laugh with your spellings, it certainly wakes up the old brain cells of a morning, ha ha, you know I love them don't you. Anyway I am loving this sample, I like the idea of the smaller die in the set and being able to make the centre piece, it looks so cute on here.

    I have some of the Red lustre card which arrived yesterday, as did the Blue Lustre and oh my word it is gorgeous, the red flower on here does not do it justice because the colour always changes when we do photo's doesn't it. Highly recommend the Lustre card everyone.

    I hope you have caught up with your sleep after your hectic few weeks, shows, travelling, workshops etc. would you like some matchsticks??

    Anyway enjoy whatever you are doing today.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully designed card John, the colour theme is striking, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning John, another beautiful card.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello John, such a striking design for this card, love everything about it. Have a good day everyone. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning John,
    Another wonderful example of your fantastic talent. Love, love, love it.
    My dies have arrived just need to get them out of the packets.
    It's been rather hectic here but I am definitely having an "at home" day today.
    Have a great day whatever you are doing.
    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John
    What a lovely card John it shows your dies off beautifully.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John.
    Thank you a lovely card, very pretty flower.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card John, the flower and leaves are beautiful.
    Joycex

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love everything about today’s card!!!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John.Just a lovely card again and I love the colours.A real winner.Have a good day stay healthy and happy Lots of Love
    Barbara D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous. Just love the starflower. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card, John. I think I am going to have to succumb to the flower dies.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another lovely card. The lattice is certainly impressive.
    Jan
    N

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful card John. Been a busy few days for you, time to break up for Christmas and have a rest, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning John,
    Beautiful card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all the cards you have made using this die and the star flowers. I wish you did this die separately, as the boxes (whilst great value for what you get) are rather beyond my price level.

    Hugs Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the card John so useful those dies You are very talented
    Love June Horrocks xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a beautiful card, would never have thought to use the die in that way, you are clever.
    Am patiently waiting for your starflower die to come into stock again. Am so excited as it makes the most beautiful flowers I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John this is a stunning card I love it. Those dies are amazing. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi John. Great idea, but there is a bit too much border for me - sorry.

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card John nice to see your old style now and again, not that I have anything against your more recent techniques.

    Heather R Oxfordshire

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello John,
    My sandwich card die arrived today and I'm really looking forward to playing with it!
    I absolutely love your card today. I've loved all of them that you have made with your dies but this one today is probably my favourite!! It's stunning!! I can't thank you enough as you are giving us the chance to produce cards like these! You WILL be on Santa's good list for being so good to all of us xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello John,
    Sorry I've been AWOL, blame the Saintly George for being unwell.
    I've looked back over the days I've been missing and every card is beautiful. You must be so proud that so many people love your stamps, dies and work.
    Maureen x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely card John, showcasing your lovely dies.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Another gorgeous card. I do like this style of card .

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely card John, just perfect for my December Birthday 😁

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi John beautiful card love the way youvery used the dies

    ReplyDelete
  28. John i so love these dies, they ar stunning and i love that you can use them as backgrounds for cards too. It makes them such value for money.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great card John love it
    Hug's Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love everything about this card, it is lovely,
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful I love the little pop of pink

    ReplyDelete
  32. Was just commenting when we had a power cut. Over an hour. No lights, heat, internet etc., was getting quite cold. This card is beautiful and something I will be trying. Thank you for such gorgeous cards. Take carexxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Eh up John
    Fancy and fab.......not unlike your good self.
    Brilliant showcase for your dies.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Marie from Longridge8 December 2017 at 11:00

    Another beautiful card John. I'm afraid my wish list gets longer by the day and I sometimes wonder if I'll ever have time to use all the dies I have but still keep buying more. Must be an obsession I think.
    Marie P.

    ReplyDelete