I thought I would share this card today that uses just the winter trees embossing folder you could easily miss off the mats and layers to make a quicker card.
Scroll down to the bottom for the details of my latest workshop
I started by simply embossing the winter tress embossing folder in Black Gloss card The great thing about the folder is that despite the detail it doesn't crack the card which can be an issue when using high gloss card.
Next I simply added white pearl gilding polish over the image, this highlighted all the embossed parts in white giving a real snowy look (hopefully!)
I then added a simple strip of organza ribbon with a die cut oval ( made using the fabulous Stitch Dot ovals from Press cut) over a stamped sentiment from my winter trees clear stamp set. A few mats and layers and finished!
NEWS
Mrs Duck and I will be running another workshop in Coventry in October. This will be an ALL DAY workshop as this concentrates on Embossing folder and die cutting techniques. You will make at least 4 finished cards learning lots of different techniques of using my new range of folders along with a great selection of dies all ready for Christmas!
all the details are ion the poster just contact Mrs Duck for spaces!
Enjoy...

Hi John
ReplyDeleteI loved this card when I saw it on your show. How different this would look on the mantle shelf at Christmas. A real talking point.
Jan.
Morning John, such an elegant card, love this folder, and it does look very snowy. Have a good day all. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you a beautiful card.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Morning John, a gorgeous card love this embossing folder.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Fabulous card John, looks amazing on the black card.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card and great embossing folder. Excellent news that you are running another workshop in Coventry, I'm sure that will be fully booked in no time.
B xx
Fabulous card John and that embossing looks great on black gloss card
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Lovely folders John. Just waiting for mine to pop through the door 😍😘
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card, very striking.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Morning John
ReplyDeleteA gorgeous card so striking in black love the folder .
Catherine xxe
Lovely card John. Xx
ReplyDeleteVery striking John.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Lovely card, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Morning John, yes another super sample today, I have ordered mine so want the postie to hurry up, itching to try out the techniques you demo'd on Hochanda, you are such a wonderful person.
ReplyDeleteWish I could get to Coventry as I would love to attend the workshop but alas I would need transport.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith
my ladies at class is loving you products
ReplyDeleteMorning John, This looks fabulous !!
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Love this folder John wonderful for people who do charity cards thank you John xx
ReplyDeleteLove june xxx
Beautiful card I love the snowy effect you' e created
ReplyDeleteThank you for the heads up on your next workshop That's my birthday! So (I hope!) I'll be spending it with my little family and having some cuddles with my grandson, Oscar
So beautiful John. I love that folder. Can't wait for mine to arrive in the post! xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful.
Lydia
X
Wow loving this card, it's so atmospheric and easy too.
ReplyDeleteTotally stunning card John, very dramatic, Kate x
ReplyDeleteHi John Gorgeous card and love the new folders waiting for mine to arrive hopefully today.
ReplyDeletethank you for for showing Mrs D website yesterday great .
jeanie
Great card.
ReplyDeleteHi John, beautiful card and loving the embossing folder.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Rose
Great card John. Lovely embossing folder.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
Hi John,Loved this card when I first saw it,typical John I thought.Stay healthy and happy Lots of Love Barbara D xxx
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteI really love this EF and today's card is beautiful! My Media Plates arrived today from Mrs Duck's lovely new Webshop! Can't wit to have a play!
Won't say what else came as Maureen and Brenda will " take it down and use it in evidence against me!" Lol!
Many thanks,
Love Myra xx
Ha. Ha. My post from Mrs Duck came today as well but perhaps I had better not tell you what I have.😀 Keep you guessing for a while.
DeleteI like your snowy trees. Wish I could get my hands on a couple of your "soft" embossing folders here in the USA.
ReplyDeleteHi John this is a stunning card it really does look like it is snowing. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteGreat card John love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John. My parcel from Mrs Duck came today. Very pleased. Can't say what I ordered as Myra will be reading this but am pleased with the contents. Take care.xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John. What a very striking card and so simple to make. I ordered some of your embossing folders from Mrs Duck and they arrived today so I am just about to sit down and have a play.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
John this is stunning and i really really love this card.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletewhat a super card, and your design again is brilliant.
I was catching up on part of your Hochanda program today, and I did manage to record the 2nd one this time.
So I remember this card being shown, and thinking how beautiful it was just like falling snow on a lovely scene.
Got my crafty goodies from Ang today, and I am hoping to play with one of your embossing folders soon as I have a male 40th card to make first for the weekend.
Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.
Hi John Wow what a stunning card I love it the winter trees stamp is absolutely fabulous I must get it!
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteDefinitely a snowy feel.....making me shiver looking at it or that could be the Autumn chill and my refusal to have the heating on in September lol!
Brilliant use of the embossing folder.
Ang x