Happy Sunday,
Another card made with my new range of embossing folders today and a non christmas one used for a christmas card, just add snow!
I started by embossing a square of white card with the confetti frame embossing folder. Next, using the Izink dye based ink pad in ultramarine, I shaded the pice to give a warm blue frame. Next I ran over the embossed area with the Izink silver pigment ink pad which makes the dots stand out.
Next I cut the centre of the frame out using the stitch dot squares die form Press cut. I added acetate in the aperture before adding some fake snow and a panel at the back embossed with the winter trees embossing folder.
I cut the press cut scripted Merry Christmas die and cut it into 2 words using Merry at the top and Christmas on the bottom. I then cut the poinsettia and holly form the Find It media dies I had on the last Hochanda show and arranged these with a thin satin bow on the edge.
Finally I added a mat of blue then placed this on a piece I had run double sided adhesive tape around before adding more of the snow.
Enjoy...
Dies Used
YCD10026 Yvonne Creations Colourful Christmas Cutting Die -
PM10103 Precious Marieke The Nature of Christmas Cutting Die -
Morning John, a gorgeous card life the idea of the acetate with the snow.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLovely card.I think this is my favourite embossing folder.
Jan
Gorgeous card John.
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Beautiful card, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Beautiful card John the E f is brill xxxxx
ReplyDeleteJune horrocks
Wonderful card John, xxx
ReplyDeleteVery pretty John. Just debating purchase of embossing folders. ..
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Brilliant card John. Xx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John, you know you are blowing me away with these embossing folders don't you and this sample is joining the others at the top of my list of must makes, it is fabulous, I bet it looks even better in real life.
ReplyDeleteWent to ally pally yesterday, had a great time but certainly missed you. I went to the Art of Craft stand first and got all my goodies that they had reserved for me, and the DSAS are well worth the wait, the grids on the back are going to be so useful.
Special hugs my friend.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Great card, I'm loving that embossing folder.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA lovely card.
B xx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card.
Lydia
X
Morning John, Gorgeous !!
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Very effective John love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card xx
Hugs, Rose
Stunning card John. Love the colour and the poinsettias are sensational.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
Hi John. Lovely, especially your lovely floral embellishment. SueL x
ReplyDeleteHelo John,
ReplyDeleteA simply stunning card for us today, I love it.
Maureen x
Hello John, another awesome card, love the frosty feel to it. Have a great day everyone. Bx
ReplyDeleteThis is a fabulous card John, I love the frostiness of it, beautifully embellishned too, Kate x
ReplyDeleteHi John. Love this card and it looks so easy to make. I do like the font of the sentiment - a perfect match for your card.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hi John, another lovely Christmas card highlighting your fabulous Embossing Folder.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hi John
ReplyDeletewhat a stunning card cant wait for my Embossing folders to come
Have a great day
Sharon
xxx
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card. That is a very versatile folder and the ink is lovely.....had to snaffle some from stock to add to my personal stash lol!
Can just imagine the sparkle in real life.
Ang x
Love this card John. Haven't made a Christmas card with it yet as have been making birthday cards with it. Will try the Christmas one next as I have some artificial snow. Bought three more Izink colours yesterday and some of your masks that were out of stock before. Had a good day at Ally Pally before I ended up in the medical room. 😟 You were missed of course. Take carexxx
ReplyDeleteHi John,Absolutely beautiful,love everything about it,and so very you.Stay healthy and happy,Lots of Love Barbara D xxx
ReplyDeleteJohn this is fab, i love that this folder can be used as a frame.
ReplyDeleteI also love the colours you have used on it and those stunning flowers.
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card today! Your Folders are super . I'm running late today - more crawling!! Ha ha!
Had the family and they have all gone home now! We are relaxing!!
Love Myra xx
Lovely card I love the folder and it's lovely to see a Christmas card in my favourite colours
ReplyDeleteI like your snow, snow, snow card design. But I am not ready for snow! Temperature here in the mountains has already dropped down in the thirties during the night. I am not ready for winter! I still remember how cold last winter was here.
ReplyDeleteI love this card John but I must admit to being a bit wary of embossing. I do read a few blogs and find that when being discribed the writer may say "Using the ABC folder" and I look through my pile of folders and none of them have a name. With my low vision I cannot actually SEE the pattern. Am I making sense? If I ever buy another embossing folder I will use permanent ink to name it.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing your lovely work.
Regards from Marie P.