Happy Monday,
Firstly I would like to thank everyone who tuned in to my shows on Hochanda yesterday it was very busy and I tried to throw in as many techniques as I could! I will be sharing more of the samples from the shows over the next week or so using my new embossing folders.
Back to today and this is one of my favourite cards using the Gold Leaf and the snowflake frame.
I did show the technique for this card on the 12pm show which you can watch on catch up HERE.
the basic are that I used the double sided adhesive sheets to add the sheets of gold leaf to the card then embossed this with the snowflake frame 6x6 embossing folder. I then ran over the top of the embossed area using a black ink pad. This really needs leaving to dry for a few minutes for the ink to properly adhere to the metal.
For this original I cut the centre form the embossed piece and mounted this onto a larger circle cut in black using the Stitch dot circle dies from Press cut.
I then cut the beautiful bauble stage form Find It Media in the black and twice (to add depth) and mounted this on the centre of the card.
Next I cue the poinsettia die form the waste piece of gilded card and shaped these adding black beads in the centre. I arranged these around the circle to add a highlight to the front.
Finally my usual set of mats and layers in gold and copper to bring out the shades in the gilding sheets and finished.
Dies Used:
ADD10115 Amy Design The Feeling of Christmas
YCD10026 Yvonne Creations Colourful Christmas Cutting Die - Poinsettia
Enjoy...
Morning John, the shows were brilliant, so many ideas to try. This card is so striking, love the use of the gold leaf sheets. I have some in a drawer somewhere. Have a great day all. Bx
ReplyDeleteA really gorgeous card - so lavish looking. xx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteGreat shows.Love this background must give it a try.
Jan
Morning John, a gorgeous card haven't had time to watch your shows yet but have then recorded so hopefully be able to watch them later.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Good morning John. Watched the first show but not the second which I'm looking forward to.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Morning John
ReplyDeleteWhat gorgeous card and great shows yesterday, so many new products to get as well
Have a good day
Sharon
xxx
Gorgeous card John
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Brilliant shows John, thank you for sharing your ideas and lovely card.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Great card, love the background.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Gorgeous , loved the 1st show, will catch up with 2nd today, xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA fabulous card.
I watched your first show, which was excellent, and am looking forward to catching up with the second show which I've recorded. So pleased for you that your new venture is such a success.
B xx
This was one of my favourites from the second show, Johm.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Morning John, I was overjoyed to watch both of your shows yesterday, you were brilliant and the new techniques you showed us were amazing, yes I have taken them on board and will be trying some out when my order arrives. Well done you, told you there would be a sell out didn't I. xx
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteGreat shows yesterday. Love the card samples.
Lydia
X
Great shows yesterday John. Love your embossing folders and the beautiful samples you made.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
I enjoyed both shows yesterday and so pleased you did well. Hope to see you Sunday at AP.
ReplyDeleteHazel c uk
Both excellent shows John, this card is stunning, love the richness of the colours, Kate x 😉
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed all the ideas and techniques yesterday John and the sheen on this card makes it very special love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteToday's card is fab the shows were brilliant all the tips fab !!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you John
Love june horrocks xxxx
Great shows and love the soft embossing folders, hope you are going to be launching them soon in lots more designs too.
ReplyDeletelove n hugs Helen x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous opulent card.
Beautiful card John. Still got the first show to watch. Xx
ReplyDeleteHi John this is a stunning card I love the design it just looks so opulent. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John. I really enjoyed the shows yesterday and I can't believe how quick and easy the cards are to make but with such stunning results.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hi John, The shows were absolutely brilliant,and the techniques were just mind blowing.Congratulations on your success but then you deserve it.Stay healthy and happy Lots of Love Barbara D xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteStunning card. Your shows were a huge success too
Waiting with baited breath for my goodies from Mrs Duck!! :)
June x
Gorgeous card John. Have some gold leaf somewhere. Must look for it now I have ideas as to what to do with it (it was a present). Waiting for my goodies from Mrs Duck now. Hope she does well with her new venture. Thanks for all the techniques and ideas yesterday. Need the texture paste now.
ReplyDeleteA sheet of gilding flakes to use, so nice.
ReplyDeleteManaged to watch both shows, enjoyed them both and saw this one being made. brilliant!!
ReplyDeleteLove Nancy in Spain xx
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on two great shows which I watched and also taped. I'm another one who has gold leaf sheets stashed away from years ago, time to hunt them out!!
Maureen x
Fabulous card john x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
This is totally fabulous, i really love the background and those gorgeous rich colours.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteoh I love the colours of this beautiful and stunning card.
Your design is ace and so very wonderful as always.
Thank you for all your wonderful tips you give us.
I have learn't so much from your wonderful techniques shared.
Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.
Beautiful colours. I've managed to catch up on the first show. Hopefully the second one later.
ReplyDeleteGreat card I am playing catch up at moment with your shows as I was out all day yesterday
ReplyDeleteI have watched a bit of this show and really like the idea of the foil sheets
Reminds me of a technique you showed a while ago with tin foil and ink
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteI watched both Shows yesterday one Live and one on Catch up! We need you on Hochanda more often - I hope they realise that! We learn so much! Your Shows are packed with hints and tips and super techniques! Thank you! I love your large stencils and the cushions, aprons , bags etc looked stunning! Wish I could draw like that!
Today's card is lovely and I ordered some things from Ang and even some from Hochanda! Looking forward to their arrival.
Many thanks, Love Myra xx
Beautiful! xxx
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteAn opulent and refulgent (that's not rude) masterpiece. It really is something special and I think I need to get the gold leaf.....quite fancy doing a wall in the bedroom with it lol!
Ang x