Happy Thursday,
Today's card is made using the Confetti frame, a folder that can work all year but does work for christmas it's all about what you put in the centre!
For the col,ouyrful outside I added Fired Brick distress ink to the deboss side of the embossing folder using a brayer. I then embossed the card which transferred the colour to all the plate areas. This is one of my favourite techniques with embossing folders its makes them even more versatile.
To make the card Christmassy ( is that a word?) I added glue around the edges of the frame section with clear glitter added over the top. For the centre panel I added dots of glue and again added the clear glitter to add shine but not detract from the colour of the card!
The trees come form the Funky Trees set from Crafts Too here i just cut three of them and simple sanded back the card so that the texture from the die is visible.
A couple of layers of red and white and finished!
Enjoy...
Morning John, another great Christmas card and a versatile folder.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Morning John, lovely creation today and yes I like 'Christmassey' it works for me.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you a lovely card.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Hi John
ReplyDeleteThis is a funky Christmas card, great for teenagers.Love this folder
very useful.
Jan
Hello John, this card is just brilliant, love the design of the trees, and the folder is one of my favourites from the range. Have a good day all. Bx
ReplyDeleteGreat card John and one that would look good in any Christmassy colour.
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Morning John
ReplyDeleteA lovely card a real christmassy card but would look good in othercolours
Catherine xx
This embossing folder works well with the funky trees.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Fabulous card & I think this embossing folder is so versatile.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Fabulous card John. Xx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA beautiful festive card. Just love that embossing folder.
B xx
Love it John xx
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
Fabulous card this morning, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteGreat card, love it.
Lydia
X
Love that one! It's very effective with the different textures and colours. xxx
ReplyDeleteLove this card John very Christmas for me
ReplyDeleteThank you xxxxxx
June horrocks
Fabulous card
ReplyDeleteGood morning John I've purchased this folder so it is great to see some ideas to use with it. Love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteHi John this is a stunning card I love the design. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteWow, as soon as I saw your card this morning I thought how has he managed to get the dots to stay white. THank you so much for explaining the technique, definitely going to try that one straight away. Lovely card and unusual colour using the Fired Brick.
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteLove the design of this card. It's a beauty.
Maureen x
Morning John, a lovely card and I do like the Embossing Folder.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteA lovely card! I have this folder too!! Christmassy is a word in my book!! You are so clever with these techniques. I need to practice more! Tidied my desk so that I could! Lol!
Many thanks,
Love Myra xx
Fantastic card john x lovely embossing folder x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Hi John,Very clever technique with the folder,and gives another dimension altogether,love it stay healthy and happy Lots of Love Barbara D xxx
ReplyDeleteAnother beauty John with your gorgeous folders. xxx
ReplyDeleteFabulous card John
ReplyDeleteJune x
Hi John. What a really lovely card today. I am so pleased I have this embossing folder too.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
John this is a lovely bright sparkly one today.
ReplyDeleteReally like this one.
I do like me this folder as it could be used all year around x
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteI thought this may a popular folder as it so versatile.
Love the letter pressing. Works really well with this one.
Ang x
Sometimes the simplest cards look the best and these simple but classy Christmas trees really make a striking impression.
ReplyDeletehugs Helen xx