Happy Friday,
I wanted to share this card today which I feel mixes the luxury of Gold Leaf with the whimsy of fake snow in this shaker card.
I started this card by coating a piece of crd with the Crafts Too double sided adhesive sheets. Because of the grid lines on the reverse of the adhesive sheet I could cut just the amount needed for the card which was 5 3/4' X 5 3/4". I then added a sheet of gold leaf using a further sheet to ensure all areas were covered.
Next I embossed this card however I used the folder in reverse to give me a debossed look, this works perfectly with the gold leaf leaving the surface with the smooth true gold look.
Next I cut the centre form the card using the stitch dot circle dies form Press Cut. I then added a piece of acetate behind this before adding some of the funky trees ( cut form scrap pieces of the gold and copper leaf card) to a pice of star stream embossed card and fake snow. I enclosed this with foam tape ensuring that the snow was behind and in front of the trees.
To finish I added a further tree on the front and used a piece of soft gold card embossed with the Merry Christmas section of the Tree of Hearts embossing folder ( also from my new range)
Enjoy...
Very opulent.Love it
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteVery posh,great.
Jan
Morning John, another fabulous Christmas card loving them all .
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
That's gorgeous John. I thought so when you showed it on the TV the other day. xx
ReplyDeleteHi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you a lovely card.
Take care and havefun Kitty.
What a wonderful card John, beautifully designed and I especially love the richness of the metallic shades, Kate x
ReplyDeleteMorning John, you have really rolled the boat out with this creation, I saw you using it on Hochanda (they should have turned the air con off for a few minutes - ha ha). Love it and at a much better price then the gold leaf you bought when you were at college. Yes I was paying attention.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Morning John
ReplyDeleteA fabulous card i love it .
Catherine xx
Fabulous card John, very opulent
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Great card, really lovely.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Love this card John
ReplyDeleteThank you love june horrocks xxxxx
Brilliant card John. Xx
ReplyDeleteAn expensive looking card.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Hi John
ReplyDeleteGreat card.
B xx
So beautiful John, loving the gold sheets, so much easier than Gilding flakes, xxx
ReplyDeleteThis looks stunning, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Wow John this is a gorgeous card love the gold leaf im waiting for mine to come
ReplyDeleteHave a good day all
Sharon
xxx
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteA very striking card and the trees look so different like this.
Gorgeous!
Ang x
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLove your card, very classy.
Lydia
X
A very beautiful card John.
ReplyDeleteHello John, a beautiful and opulent card, love the trees inside the shaker as well as on top, it adds a lot of dimension. Have a good day all. Bx
ReplyDeleteLuxurious card John. Love it.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteMorning John, great card, love that you have used the reverse side of the Embossing Folder.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA very special luxurious card, beautiful.
Morning John, A stunning card !!
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Oh wow John this is such a stunning card I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteFab card.
ReplyDeleteHi John, Absolutely beautiful,I was fascinated when I saw you demo this,but the card is absolutely stunning.Stay healthy and happy Lots of Love Barbara D xxx
ReplyDeleteA different kind of Winter/Christmas card, but I like it.
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteWOW, a fabulous card, love everything about it
June x
Hi John. Lovely card and I have to agree the gleam of the gold leaf marries very well with the snow in the shaker element. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteThis is beautiful.
Maureen x
Lovely elegant card john x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteLate again! However this is a beautiful card! I had sheets of gold leaf years ago. Whatever did I do with them?! The trees look lovely! My progress with the Plates is slow but it is progress!!!
I'm so enjoying using them.
Thank you,
Lovely ve Myra xx
Should say Love Myra! X
ReplyDeleteJohn this is gorgeous and luxurious too.
ReplyDeletei have just bought this embossing folder and love it done in the gold.
Hi John,
ReplyDeletethis is lush!
Hugs, Rose
This is gorgeous John. Like Myra and Maureen I must find my Gold Leaf. My son bought it for me to put on my Polymer Clay but I didn't get round to it. Must find it and try this idea. Thank you. Have a good day tomorrow. Will miss you at AP. Take carexxx
ReplyDelete