Happy Saturday,
Today I am doing the first of my workshops with the fabulous Mrs Duck in Coventry with a pop up shop with all the media plates and stamps etc from my latest ranges! There is also some die cutting on this workshop as well as the media plate stamping! Don't worry if you missed it we are looking at making this a regular occurrence more details to follow next week.
Back to today and I thought I would share a the bonus card from todays workshops. This is designed to use the techniques that we will do over the day and everyone gets a pack to make this card even if we don't get to making it!
The background is made using the large media plates and the dye based ink pads ( Just a tip on this I have had a lot of questions on the larger plates so I will film a YouTube video next week on using it however one important point is that it works best with Dye or pigment inks and the results get better the more you use it. the best results are obtained if you DON'T clean the plate!) I used the resist technique but I will share the video on making this next week.
I simply added double sided adhesive over the top and covered it in diamonbd snow clear glitter before matting and layering it onto silver card on a 5.5" x 7.5" card blank. I simply cut a snowflake in a spare piece of background using the crafts too snowflake ( I will have this die along with some other beautiful christmas dies and embossing folders on my next Hochanda show on the 10th September)
Finally I added a white snowflake on the top and a few crystals.
Enjoy...
I'm so looking forward to your workshop today. I'm even awake much earlier than usual in anticipation as it's an early start for Anne , her friend Debs and me.. See you and Ang later.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Morning John, a fabulous card and think it would be quite a quick one to do for Christmas love the colours.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLovely card, beautiful background.I suppose it's best to make a batch of backgrounds altogether and then your ready just to decorate. Must give it a go.
Jan
Hi John
ReplyDeleteWow again, what a fabulous sparkly background and a lovely lovely card.
Wow John terrific background on your card, beautifully designed.
ReplyDeleteHave a fabulous day and a great workshop, looking forward to seeing you next week, Kate 😉
Morning John, wonderful card and oh how I wished I could get to the workshops, (gutted about October). I know everyone will really enjoy it.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Beautiful, John. Looks as if Jan was up before me! See you later.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Great card, love the background.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John. Lovely card. Hoping to get to one of your workshops. Will keep my eye on your blog for up and coming ones and if I am around I will come. SueL x
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John. Have a great time today at your workshop
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteAnother fantastic card I just LOVE that background, it's brilliant.
Have a wonderful day.
Patricia xxx
Another very pretty card this morning - would make a Christmas card with the icicle look middle yet the butterflies make it just as ideal for a birthday or thank you card.
ReplyDeleteCan I remind you that the diary needs updating ;o)
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA gorgeous background on this card, and I bet it is stunning in real life with the sparkle of the glitter.
B xx
Morning John
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely card today and background is stunning
Have a good day
Sharon
xxx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card. Hope your day goes well with Ang.
Lydia
x
Hi John, love the background you have created. Hope everything goes well over the weekend, love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteHi John, a really lovely card, the background is fabulous. Enjoy the workshops, I am sure all the attendees will. Take care all, and have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card John. Have fun today, wish I could be there. Xx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John, looking forward to the Videos.
ReplyDeleteGood Luck to you and Mrs Duck.
Wendyx
Wish I was there but have fun, great card, xxx
ReplyDeleteLovely card and colours, have a great day with Mrs D.xx
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Hi John. This is just such a dreamy card today. I must have a go at something similar. Hope everyone has a lot of fun at the workshop (I am sure they will). Good luck to both you and Mrs Duck.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
That's so pretty. I love the dragonfly background. xx
ReplyDeleteVery pretty I hope you enjoy the workshops It's a shame I can't get there very easily It'd be like a military operation from this end Maybe next time and I could organise myself better!
ReplyDeleteWhat beautiful colours John. Love this card
ReplyDeleteVery pretty card design. Loving all those dragonflies. Wish I could be at your workshop. Best Wishes!
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeletestunning card lI love the background look forward too the video.
Hug's Lynda xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteGreat card and background
June x
Great card John. Hope the class went well today.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
Hi John this is a stunning card the design works so well. I hope the workshop goes well. I hope I will be able to get to one, one day. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletewhat a very pretty card and that inked and glittered background is gorgeous.
Love the colours and those snowflakes are brilliant.
Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.
Unusual background for a Christmas card but very effective.
ReplyDeleteLovely card john x the background looks fantastic x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Hi John wow what a lovely card the background is beautiful it looks just like frozen ice crystals hope your day went well
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteJust managed to sit down and look at the blog......been a bit busy today lol!
Never thought of dragonflies as festive but it does work.
Feet up now with a cuppa lol!
Ang x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteFabulous card love the background .
Catherine xx
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteSorry so late but been out literally all day! I do hope today went well because I'd love to come to another one you may arrange in future!
Today's card is beautiful! I need to come and learn these lovely techniques! Looking forward to your Shows on Hochanda too.
Many thanks,
Love Myra xx
Lovely card John. Thank you. Look forward to the video and your next HOchanda show. Hope everyone enjoyed the workshops. Family didn't get home until 1.30am and after seeing them I got home at 2am so would never have made Coventry by 10am. I was like a Zombie then. No rude remarks Myra.
ReplyDelete