Happy Sunday,
Another simple snowflake card to share with you all today. This was made at last weeks workshop at Breedon and was, as yesterdays card, was the bonus card for the workshop.
I made the background using the masking fluid and izink pigment inks on watercolour card technique. I cut this to a square and cut the large snowflake for the centre of the card. Next I backed this with silver mirror card. I then placed the die back into the cut and ran the piece through my platinum using just the embossing mat and plate. This embosses the detail form the die into the silver card in the aperture.
I then simply placed the die cut snowflake over this and added leftover die cut snowflake form another piece of media plate background with a simple pearl in the centre.
Enjoy...
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you, another lovely card.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Another great card,John.
ReplyDeleteEveryone had so much fun yesterday - thank you for all your hard work in preparing such a great workshop where we learnt loads. Mrs Duck was a huge support in providing a lovely lunch and her pop up shop.
Jan
Northampton
Good morning John, another lovely card. Hope you had a great day yesterday
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Morning John, another fab. card I must get started on my Christmas cards it will be here before we know it.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Morning John
ReplyDeleteA lovely card must start on my Christmas cards .
Catherine xx
Thanks John for another lovely card again today.
ReplyDeleteJan
Hi John. Lovely card, like how you have used the masking fluid in the background. In Somerset for a few days and it's windy and raining today but no worries, I have brought some craft goodies with me so a good excuse to stay in and play. SueL x
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card John, sounds like yesterday went well, xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card.
B xx
Another lovely card, John. Thank you so much for yesterday. Everyone at a great time and we learned so much. It was great to catch up with Mrs Duck again. Hoping to have a play with my new goodies this afternoon.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Great Christmas card John love the background thank you
ReplyDeleteLove june xxx
Great card, love the colours.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Morning John Lovely card and colours
ReplyDeleteHave a good day
Sharon
xxx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteGreat card.
Lydia
x
Morning John, another lovely card today, these can be made so quickly for batch cards - enjoy everyone.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hello John, what a lovely card, a simple but stunning design. Have a great day all. Bx
ReplyDeleteStill nice but it doesn't seem to pop like yesterdays, I think its because the snowflakes in yesterdays had more of a colour difference and therefore stood out from the background better.
ReplyDeletelove n hugs helen xx
Hi John. Really interesting techniques on this one, but I think it has resulted in a very busy snowflake that is a bit confused. Not quite as nice as yesterdays card. Sorry.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hi John, a nice card, but I think I prefer yesterdays card.
ReplyDeleteWendy
Fabulous inking John, lovely card, pleased to hear it was a good day yesterday, Kate x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteso glad all went well yesterday.
Your card is very lovely and your design is brilliant as usual.
The colours are super, and that masking fluid technique sounds very interesting.
Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.
I like the idea of this but not sure about the finished result. Gorgeous colour though.
ReplyDeleteLovely card John.
ReplyDeleteGlad yesterday went well.
Love Valxxx
Glad everything went well yesterday John and Mrs Duck. Lovely card today. Thank you for sharing this with us. Take carexxx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteGood to hear yesterday was a success, I didn't doubt it wouldn't be! I'm only sorry we weren't at this one.... roll on November!
Love the shades of blue on today's card
June x
Hi John lovely card and great techniques just a shame the snowflake doesn't stand out more as its colour is so similar to the background
ReplyDeleteHi John this is a stunning card I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteI'm late again! It's becoming a habit! We have had a busy weekend and you have too but it seems a successful one! I'm so pleased about that! Well done to you and Ang! I'm hoping to be able to come to a future one.
Today's card is lovely. I'm really intrigued by the use of masking fluid!
Many thanks, Love Myra xx
Uhmm, I have not used the masking fluid. I will have to see how to use this product. Congratualations to you and Mrs. Duck on another successful workshop.
ReplyDelete