Friday, 29 September 2017

Missing Pearl...

Happy Friday,

I will be at Crafting Live at Stoneleigh Tomorrow and Sunday, following that we will be off to the airport for a short holiday ( yes I have l;isyetedn to all my blog family who have told me to take a break!)  That said it means that the Blog posts for the next 2 weeks will be shorter with more pictures and less description.  As many of you may realise I dont schedule my posts weeks in advance and post each one the night before.  That means that Whilst I am away I need to schedule a lot of posts!

Todays card is again quite simple I have titled it as Missing Pearl ads I am sure we have all had the occasion that when we photograph a card or give it to someone awe see one item missing.  Can you spot the missing pearl on this one? lol

I took a piece of white glitter card and cut the Amy Design poinsettia trio into each corner.  This gave 3 2 sets of 3 different sizes of poinsettia and a perfectly spaced aperture of the flowers.  By carefully placing the dies, they come as a set of three fused so this bit is easy, at opposing corners I was able to frame the piece.

Next I placed a lilac card behind this and then shaped and offset the cut poinsettias over the top giving a quick 2 layer flower.

I stamped the sentiment from my winter trees clear stamp set ( luckily I used my press to impress as it took inking the stamp three times to get the lilac ink to show up on the glitter card!) and added a frame made with the oval stitch dot dies from press cut.  I also added pearl strips around this and a little foliage to tie the centrepiece to the corners.

Finally I added a host of Pearlage around the frame and added a few layers of white and lilac to finish.


Enjoy...

51 comments:

  1. Really like this card John Pleased to see you have listened and are having a holiday Have a good one. Have spotted missing pearl but only because you said to look for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John, lovely card today, quick and easy especially with the stamp to impress tool. I didn't realise that you have to set your blog every night, and you are having a holiday which is good, you both need it so enjoy yourselves, will still be commenting on the blog, well you know me.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning John, a gorgeous card and I too only spotted the missing pearl after I enlarged photo to look for it. Have a great holiday you deserve it.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning John
    Lovely card,yes I too spotted the missing pearl.Enjoy your holiday.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card John. Pleased to here you are taking a well deserved holiday.Enjoy! Joycex

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello John, oh my word, this card is absolutely gorgeous, love the colours and the pearls. Enjoy your holiday you deserve it. Have a great day everyone. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning john
    A gorgeous card love the colour and those pearls
    Catherine xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning John, fabulous card - yes I spotted the missing pearl but had you not mentioned it I don't think I would have done.
    Have a great holiday and birthday - I too will be away on holiday and will be celebrating my 70th birthday on the 5th - I believe yours is a couple of days later.
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John.
    Thank you a beautiful card.
    Have a great holiday.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A Lovely card John. I've seen the missing pearl but only because you said aboutit. Have a great holiday xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card John. Have a great holiday. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this card John. Found the missing pearl space but wouldn't have done if you hadn't mentioned it.
    Have a fantastic well deserved holiday.
    Love Valxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning John
    Stunning card today really pretty and found the missing pearl lol
    Have a good day and a lovely holiday too
    Love
    Sharon
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is a really pretty card. Hope you have a good time at Stoneleigh. Pleased to hear you're having a break.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John
    A gorgeous card, love the colours.
    What a great wheeze, spot the missing pearl certainly has us all paying attention to the whole card. I only spotted it because I was looking for it - remember, only God is perfect!
    Have a great holiday.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card, John. Good tip for stamping on glitter card.
    You certainly deserve the holiday - enjoy.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Any card which has pearls on it gets a tick from me. Gorgeous card. See you Sunday. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card and yes I spotted the missing pearl only after you pointed out that there was a missing pearl
    I have, many a time, spotted a missing item when I see a photograph I keep promising myself that I photograph a card layout before I stick anything down Never do though!
    Enjoy your break away xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great Card John, love the pearlage, and the poinsettia are beautiful.
    Have a great holiday.
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Morning John,
    Gorgeous card, just my style. Have a wonderful holiday.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful, very pretty card John.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love it when you post a "John Card", and this one is so pretty. Mainly white with just a hint of colour - oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhh yes definitely me.
    Have a lovely holiday, sounds like you may be going somewhere nice and warm, so have lots of fun

    Hugs n stuff Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow. The card is just so gorgeous. Glad to hear you have listened and taking a break

    ReplyDelete
  24. That's lovely! I usually notice a missing pearl or element of some kind after I've photographed the card!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John, Absolutely beautiful,missing pearl or not anyone would be delighted to receive a card like this,just gorgeous.Stay healthy and happy Lots of Love Barbara D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi John this is a stunning card I love it. Enjoy the weekend and have a wonderful holiday. I wonder where you are going? I hope it is nice and hot. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi John,
    loving this card, can't even see the "missing pearl".........
    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi John, My style this card, much as I try to stamp I still come back to the dies. See you tomorrow at Stoneleigh.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi John beautiful card I love the pearls and the flowers all so very pretty Hope you have a really good break

    ReplyDelete
  30. This card is lovely, you could change the theme and use it for any occasion. Christine

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hello John,
    Missing Pearl or not - this is my favourite card of this week! Although I did really like another couple as well!! Lol!
    You do deserve a holiday and I hope you have a safe journey and a lovely time!
    May I just say you look very young for 70 !!! Lol!
    Love and thanks Myra xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love this card John! I can't find the die though!!! Does it have a full title?

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi John. What a really good idea for making a poinsettia, I may have to borrow this one. Hope you have a wonderful holiday and that you are going somewhere a little less rainy and windy,

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  34. Lovely card and "she" has personality!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Irrespective of the missing pearl it is still a beautiful card John. Have a great weekend at the show then forget everything and enjoy your holiday. Love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hello John,
    Love this card, it's so elegant and beautiful - even with the missing pearl. That could be your signature style on future cards lol.
    Have a great time at the show and, after a safe journey, have an enjoyable and relaxing holiday.
    Maureen xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. John this is gorgeous, we all must have had one of those cards where we notice later that we have missed something lol.
    Have a fab holiday, you definately deserve a break, any room in that suitcase for me lol

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi John,
    beautiful and stunning card yet again.
    I love your design and the super colours.
    So glad you decided to take a break and have a holiday you sure have burnt the candle from both ends for a few years now.
    Enjoy your rest.
    Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  39. A beautiful card John. Thank you for sharing it. It is stunning. Enjoy your well deserved holiday and celebrate your special day in style! Take care! Crafter by the Sea xx

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi John

    This is a stunning creation! Love the colours

    I hope you have a well deserved holiday.... enjoy!

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  41. Good evening John,
    Great card it's beautiful even with the missing Pearl.
    Have a good weekend and a fantastic holiday ... well deserved for sure.
    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  42. Just gorgeous John, have a brilliant holiday, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  43. Beautiful card John despite the missing pearl which we only noticed cos you told us!! Have a great holiday and birthday. I'm off to the Sun next week too. x

    ReplyDelete
  44. A beautiful card John. Love the purple. Thank you for sharing this. Hope the weekend goes well and have a lovely holiday and birthday. Take carexxx

    ReplyDelete
  45. Eh up John
    I never spot a missing one until I have photographed either. I think it's called the law of sod.
    Elegant✔ lilac✔ flowers✔.
    All good for me.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  46. Beautiful card John. Have a great holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  47. I really like this card John and I must say that I didn't find the missing pearl even when I looked for it!
    I hope you enjoy your holiday and come back rested.
    Also hope that you have a great Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Morning John
    Hope you are in the sun!Spain?
    Get in the pool every day-that will get rid of the glitter in your hair. Please don't go house hunting, you are NEEDED here, particularly in the craft hungry south
    Oh yes! Love the card!!!!
    Jenny/Doris

    ReplyDelete
  49. Oh you're very cheeky John. I see where it was and where it is now. On the odd occasion I have looked back at a card I have made and noticed something I wasn't happy with.. I've wanted to put my hand into the computer screen and fix it! A missing pearl is so annoying.. I've even thought to put a couple of spare pearls in with the card and a note to the recipient saying "just in case"
    It's so good to see you doing some of your 'SW Style' cards. Your stamping is super but I'm not a stamper so I like this type of card. Now I have decided to make a "JND Style" folder for your cards... because you certainly have developed a Style that is just YOU. Great Work!!!

    ReplyDelete