Happy Tuesday,
I thought that after such a nice day yesterday weather wise and as an antidote to the Christmas cards over the weekend I would show a card today using the Sweet Summer stamp to die for that matches the Belgian collection Antwerp die by Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions. Hopefully the bright yellow and soft blue will invoke sunny clear blue days to come this month!
I stared this card by stamping the sweet summer stamp in watering can archival ink. I then coloured the flowers and foliage using my watercolour pencils shading the flowers with different shades of yellow then going over the tip to blend these using my water brush. I coloured the leaves in 2 shades of green but didn't water cover these to give mire definition. Next I painted around the flowers using a soft blue which I shaded by adding the colour to a scrap piece of card and picked top the colour with the water brush to give a softer feel. Finally I ran all around the border with a darker blue.
Next cut the stamp to with the Antwerp die to make the frame and inserted a primrose foundation card centre cut with the centre section of the same die. adding a sentiment using the smallest pierced flags die. I hand cut the matts on the flag and attached this under the frame and shaped this over the front.
Finally I added a panel embossed with the real checker board em,bossing panel which I embossed whilst the card was in the double pierced backgrounds rectangle die so that I maintained the piercing around the edge. A few layers of blue and primrose and a bow and finished.
A light summery card for, Hopefully, a light summery day!
Enjoy...
Morning John, it's a beautiful card today, it's in keeping with the weather xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, it's a beautiful card today, it's in keeping with the weather xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, a very pretty card our weather has been gorgeous for weeks now at last a summer in Scotland.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John
ReplyDeletewhat a stunning card love the colours thank you tracyw x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteNice and sunny ! Love it.
Anne M xxx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA sunny card for a sunny day. Great.
Jan
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you a very pretty card.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Morning John, such a pretty card today, and I can almost hear the bees buzzing around the beautiful flowers, such amazing colours.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John. A very summery offering, beautiful! How have I missed this gorgeous stamp? Have a great day! Sue x
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteYes a sunny card for a sunny day.
Love how you have painted the flowers and your choice of card colours is very clever.
Love and crafty hugs
Tina T xxxx
A beautiful sunny card. Even on a cold winters day this would bring back memories of summer
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteStunning Card I Love Stamps That Match Sue's Dies...
Hugs From Sam
Hi John, a really lovely bright and summery card, love the stamped image. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John this is a stunning card I love the colours they do remind me of a summer's day. The stamp is beautiful. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, perfect for the very sunny days we're having at the moment.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John, beautiful colours and design, love the floral stamping around the frame,and the summery colours, Kate x
ReplyDeleteA bright and cheerful card John.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Morning John, This is a lovely summery card, I'm loving your stamping and colouring.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card.
B xx
Morgan's John,
ReplyDeleteA lovely card today, I love the colours you have used on the stamp.
have a great day
Maggie
Good morning John Patricia has echoed my thoughts the stamp makes a lovely summery card. Love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteAs you say John, a lovely summery card. SueL x
ReplyDeleteJust love the yellow card it brings out the summery feel. Luv jxxx
ReplyDeleteJust love the yellow card it brings out the summery feel. Luv jxxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card.
Lydia
X
Hi John, what a pretty card this stamp makes. Very summery.
ReplyDeleteLove Val xxx
Beautiful card today John the flowers are so preety thank you
ReplyDeleteLove. June Horrocks xxxxx
This is so pretty, John. Love the colours.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Good Morning John well at 7am it was lovely and sunny and promised to be a hot day, now the sun has gone and hubby says its going to rain later today, what fun. Stunning card this morning and I agree that is such a pretty combination blue and yellow and it certainly does make you feel warm inside. hugs Shirleyxxxxx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John, love the combination of yellow and blue together, so pretty.
ReplyDeleteLove the colours, beautiful
ReplyDeleteCarol
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteThat frame of colour against the simple background is a Summery delight.
Have a great day.
Ang x
A lovely summery card John, got me reaching for my shorts and heading to the garden! Wonderful choice of colours.
ReplyDeleteMorning.
ReplyDeleteThis sings Summer beauty through and through. Don't forget the sun screen for those legs Stephen or should I say scream ?
Have a good productive day John xx
Beautiful beautiful card today John the colours are fantastic,lovely and summer -y, hugs abound to all Johanna
ReplyDeleteHi John. What lovely summery colours for today's card - it is a pity the same can't be said of the weather outside although it does look as though the sun is trying to break through at the moment. A nice splash of colour against the white background really makes the frame pop. Love the embossing folder that you have used.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hi John, a very pretty summery card, what is not to like.
ReplyDeleteWemdux
Lovely card john x pretty stamp and coloured beautifully x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
This card matches the lovely summer day we are having.
ReplyDeleteThank you John,
Sue Mac
Beautiful card John, love the colours (little bit swedish)
ReplyDeleteCats and dogs and thunder at the moment so this card made me feel happier. Thank you
Maria x
A very bright and cheerful card. Judging by the black cloud moving north Maria's cats and dogs and thunder are on its way here at the moment!
ReplyDeleteT
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteA lovely bright and sunny card, love blue and yellow together.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
Beautiful colours lovely and cheerful
ReplyDeleteAs Karen says this is lovely and cheerful. Thank you for sharing this.
ReplyDeleteLovely colours for this card
ReplyDelete