Happy Friday,
I thought I would share with you today a card I have made specially for my demo at the new Crafters Companion Flagship store in Newton Ayecliffe on Saturday. I cant wait to see the new shop and have a look around at what they have on offer. The store stocks loads of Creative Expressions products and that is what I will be demoing ( as well as this card)
This card uses some of my favourites form the new die range as well as my fave stamp set the nasturtium elements clear set.
I stared by drawing round the inside of the number 3 die in the double pierced circles with a pencil onto bright white foundation card. I then stamped the large nasturtium element from the set twice around this circle in opposite corners using perfect medium. I heat embossed the stamped design with Cosmic Shimmer brilliant sparked embossing powder in black mirage. Next I coloured the flowers using pixie powders taking Julia Watts technique of adding water to a small amount of powder in a palette and using a water brush to pick up and paint. one these had dried I mixed some of the white pearl pixie powder in the same way and used this to add highlights to the flowers.
I next cut into the middle of the circle with scissors and simply cut out around the flowers ( not that neatly see the pictures) I then added the die into the centre putting the stamped and coloured images over the top of the die so that they didn't cut. the russet was I got the beautiful pierced circle leading to the flower sprays but they were left in place.
I then used the number 4 deign the set and cut a smaller circle from cobalt foundation card. I cut the original circle with the double pierced squires set and foam mounted this over the cobalt cutting around the edge to give a neat blue border around the square.
I the took a piece of the new silver shine pearl card and cut the stitches lattice form this putting the die back int o extend the pattern to make almost an A4 sheet of lattice. I added this behind, again with moire from tape, and added a PVA white pearl glue dot at each intersection.
Finally I added a sentiment form my larkspur everyday sentiment set stamped in cobalt archival ink and added a border of the cobalt cut with one of the centres form the Swiss die range.
a few layers of cobalt and white and finished.
If you are around the Crafters Companion store on Saturday I will be demoing between 10am and 4pm it would be great to see some familiar faces there!
Enjoy...
Morning John, absolutely beautiful card today xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, gorgeous as always.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Another beautiful card. Just the sort I love. Thanks John
ReplyDeleteD x
Stunningly beautiful
ReplyDeleteCarol
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you a beautiful card.
Have a good weekend take care Kitty.
Morning John, not sure if the previous comment from Kokila S is relevant!!!
ReplyDeleteAnyway I am loving this card, yes the Nasturtium stamps are gorgeous and you have brought them to life on this card, I know I can smell them, haha!!
love the technique with the circle too and the pierced cross trellis looks fabulous with the little pearl heads on them
I would love to go to the new flagship store for CC but as you know it is so far away from me, but I like to see the pictures of it. Have a great time.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely card, not very often do we have circles with adornments of flowers. Love the colours of both card and flowers.
Happy Crafting at Crafters Companion tomorrow.
Love and crafty hugs
Tina T xxxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLove the lattice background. Haven't used mine yet but will do now.
Love it.
Anne M xxx
Hi John, a beautiful card, love the colours and the circle layout with the flowers around. Enjoy visiting with Crafters Companion. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi John. Stunning card, it certainly has the "wow" factor and I'm loving the lattice background. The Crafters Companion store is wonderful, I'm sure you'll love it. I'm going to try to get there but the car is making some very strange noises and I'm not sure it's up to the journey. Have a fab day. Sue x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletelovely card - Like the "blues"........
Hugs, Rose
Wow-stunning card, love it.
ReplyDeleteMichele
So,so pretty.)
ReplyDeleteWhat a pretty card John. Sounds like you're in for a treat on Saturday.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Hi John
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely gorgeous, I love it.
B xx
lovely card ,love the stitched lattice ,fab card ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteHi John, This card is gorgeous, I'm loving how you have done the cutting, the nasturtiums are fabulous, and the lattice gives a lovely effect with the pearl glue dots at each intersection. I love this !!
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card, the painted flowers have a lovely lustre and I love the trellis die.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
Hi John I love this card it is amazing the lattice stitching die looks really good also your lovely flowers
ReplyDeleteKathyB
Good morning John,
ReplyDeleteThis is a beautiful card John in the blue and white with the pearl shine lattice beneath the circle of the beautiful flowers. I really like the colbolt blue that you have used, it's such a striking shade of blue looking as strong and vibrant as you want or diluting the shade with other products if you don't want it to be that vivid. Have fun at Sara's new shop today flower, i would say best behaviour but you're going into Sara's world and she has a great sense of fun so you have no chance, lol. Safe journey flower,
love and crafty hugs
Norah (Glenochil Village)
Such a pretty card, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Very pretty It's nice to see some darker colours being used
ReplyDeleteGreat card John. Good luck at Crafters Companion. I keep saying it, but down here in Surrey we miss out on everything. have a safe journey. Love Rosemarie x
ReplyDeleteThat's a lovely card John. Very pretty.
ReplyDeleteVery pretty card. The cutting out technique is very effective and results in a lovely end product. Like the colours a lot.
ReplyDeleteTeresa
Good Morning John wow what a beautiful card and I love the colour of the flowers and the lattice background is gorgeous. hugs Shirleyxxxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, what a fabulous card for us today. The stamps are beautiful and I love the colour combination you have used.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteWow this card is gorgeous, I need to try this out.
Enjoy your day
Maggie
Love this card John it's a beautiful got to get the pierced circle dies I love them thank you John love June Horrocks xxxxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card.
Lydia
X
Lovely colours and a super card.
ReplyDeleteMany thanks,
Sue Mac
Oh my goodness John I just LOVE this card. Being surrounded by CE goodies is my idea of heaven wether it be a pot of colour cloud to card from expensive dies to Pva glue, I'd love to be surrounded by it all lol.
ReplyDeleteHave a good day xx
Hi John, a absolutely gorgeous card, love the colour.
ReplyDeleteHave fun at the new shop. I'm seeing Julia tomorrow,
think it will get messy :-)
Maria x
Hi John. Love the lattice die and the way it has been used to fill in the centre of the circle. Stunning colour choice too.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Love the lattice inside the circle, will be trying this one myself but with paper flowers & a flourish
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card, love the colours. Sounds like you will be on a spending spree this weekend. I went to Phill's on Wednesday and came home broke!! (I booked the Craftathon, so you have got me twice in 1 month, sorry). SueL x
ReplyDeleteHi John this is a gorgeous card I love the design and the dies are stunning. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card which I'm sure will be enjoyed by the demoees.
Sleep well as you've a busy day tomorrow.
Ang x
Gorgeous card again today that i am sure will go down very well at the demo tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteLove the stamp and the colours you have chosen also love the stitched lattice die which i have yet to get my hands on.
Very pretty card John. Enjoy your day tomorrow and thanks for sharing this card with us.
ReplyDelete