Happy Saturday,
I am workshopping today at JGD crafts with the fabulous Janet and friends in Sutton in Ashfield. I have planned 4 projects so I hope to keep everyone busy!
Todays card is another sample from my shows the other week and was a planned demo but the die sold out before I got to do it! I thought it deserved its day in the sun regardless.
I stared by stamping the background stamp with perfect medium before heat embossing with Bright gold detail embossing powder. I cut the background into a piece to fit ion the spellbinder fancy ribbon threader die living a strip which I threaded through the ribbon thread loops.
I simply then stamped the sentiment, from my Larkspur everyday sentiments set, in gold and added this with a border of white with mounting cushion.
It was then simple to add a few layers of white and vintage gold pearl card to a 5 x 7 top fold card bank and added a bow of seam binding and gold thread.
Simple but prefect for an anniversary card or for invitations to a Golden wedding party maybe?
Remember I do workshops or demos around the country every Saturday ( I only have 2 Saturdays off now for the reminder of the year!) I try to update the workshops and demo page on the address bar above but I'm not the most efficient lol so keep an eye out in your locality.
Enjoy...
Morning John, today's card is stunning, have fun JDG Crafts xx
ReplyDeleteLovely, decadent card today John. Lovely.
ReplyDeleteDx
Morning John, a gorgeous card enjoy your day.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi john.
ReplyDeleteThank you a lovely card.
Have a good weekend Kitty.
Morning John, oh I like this one, gorgeous, all that gold, love it so special for an anniversary or wedding card but how about adapting it for a Christmas card too, great idea about the ribbon made from the off cut too.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLove this card, I can also see it would make a rather posh Christmas card.
Thanks Jan
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteA wonderful card today. I don't know how you keep coming up with new card ideas.
I'm off to Duxford today, our Grandaughter wants to celebrate her 6th Birthday there. I am hoping the weather stays dry.
Enjoy your workshop with Janet & her friends.
Maggie
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, I love the way you have used the same card in the threaded section, very elegant.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
Morning John a stunning card, love it.
ReplyDeleteGood luck for today, lucky ladies being able to join and learn from you.
How about north of the border sometime in the future!!!
Patricia
Wonderful Card , would make a great male card too without the ribbon .
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely weekend.
Elaine H X
Beautiful card
ReplyDeleteCarol
Beautiful card
ReplyDeleteLovely card John. Have a good day at the workshop.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteSuperb card that really has the look of a special occasion about it.
Enjoy your workshops.
Ang x
Stunning card, perfect for lots of special occasions.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA lovely card. Enjoy the workshop.
B xx
Love this Card grest for Christmas
ReplyDeleteLove this Card grest for Christmas
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card, hope you have a good day at JGD Crafts.
Lydia
X
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card it certainly deserved its day. I hope the workshops go well today. Have fun. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteReally pretty card. Love the ribbon weaving. Have a good day today.
Anne M xxx
Hello John, absolute stunner, it's so very elegant, fabulous design.
ReplyDeleteI reiterate Patricia, would love if you could come north of Hadrian's Wall, maybe one day 😉x
Hello John, absolute stunner, it's so very elegant, fabulous design.
ReplyDeleteI reiterate Patricia, would love if you could come north of Hadrian's Wall, maybe one day 😉x
This is really pretty, John. Have a good day.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Love the card very rich gold thank you John
ReplyDeleteLove June Horrocks xxxxx
He John, I love this card. Hope of have a great day at your workshop, but remember us lonely crafters down here in Surrey. We are quite harmless really (lol)
ReplyDeleteLove Rosemarie x
Morning John, a lovely card and you are right it does deserve its day in the sun. Enjoy your workshop.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteso glad you showed us this card, it's lovely. Given me some ideas, too - I've got to make 2 wedding cards.
Have a good day today
Hugs, Rose
Hello John, this card is stunning, thank you for sharing it. Have a good day with the workshops. Bx
ReplyDeleteGood Morning John, what a pretty design and I love the gold leaf background, its a stunning card. hugs Shirleyxxxxx
ReplyDeleteHi John, such a classy card today. You are right, perfect for wedding cards or anniversary cards and with a bit of tweaking could make a lovely design for wedding stationery.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Love your card today john x really elegant x enjoy your workshop wish I could be there x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
A beautiful and elegant card today John
ReplyDeleteJune :)
Hi John
ReplyDeleteGreat size card and very elegant, love it.
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card today and I do like that Sentiment as it really stands out. Thank you.
Enjoy your day!
Good morning John, Lovely card,I managed to get this die when it was on the show,so am looking forward to using it. Have a great day,and who knows maybe you will return to Inspirations sometime in the future. Love Barbara D xxx
ReplyDeleteAfternoon John, I hope today has been a good day. Another gorgeous card!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Linda xxx
Lovely special occasion card.
ReplyDeleteHope you had a good day's work shopping.
T
Perfect for a special anniversary, wedding and such like Hope you enjoyed your day
ReplyDeleteHi John, This card is beautiful. I hope your workshops go well.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Beautiful card John. Have been trying to get that die. Will get it one day I'm sure. Thank you for sharing this with us.
ReplyDeleteAnother beautiful and fab card today, i love that die
ReplyDeleteand this looks so fab in the gold.
Ohh WOW !! ☺ Amazing xx
ReplyDelete