Happy Thursday,
Another sample from my stamp shows last week this time using the August child and Larkspur elements stamp sets. I did demo this but I will give a quick run through never less lol
I stared by making the base for the flowers by squeezing onto acetate frosted Sky, Aqua and Heather PVA dimensional glue. Next I used a palette knife and spread the glue over the acetate which, when dry, makes a mother of pearl background which shows better in real one than the pictures. Next I stamped the larkspur flowers on the front and cut these out by hand ( fussy cut) which is a little more difficult than yesterdays flowers however its still a simple shape (ish).
I then made the background by adding Mica Powder from the Garden Flora set into plain card which I had sprayed with water. The pigment in the mica simply colours the card ( unlike pixie powders which explode with cool) however they mix beautifully and the shine is amazing. I then simply stamped the August child poem onto the centre with jet black archival ink.
I made a card black and panels using Sue Wilson's noble ornate pierced squares die and mounted the piece onto this.
I made the frame using the dies in the ornate pierced set and added these over a piece with the PVA added to make a deeper pearl background.
I made up the card as shown using the flowers around the corners for emphasis.
Enjoy...
Morning John,absolutely pretty today's card xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, this is a gorgeous card it was one of my favourites on your shows
ReplyDeleteloved the acetate flowers.
Nancyd x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteVery pretty card must give it a try.
Thanks
jan
Hi John
ReplyDeletewhat a stunning card love the colours and the dies and stamps thanks tracyw
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you a little beauty.
Take care Kitty.
Morning John, remember seeing you do this on Hochanda, it really does give a lovely effect through the acetate, and as I am an August I can appreciate the lovely sentiment too.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Love the idea with the acetate and glues, so will have to try this. The card is lovely, thank you. Luv jxxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card, the acetate flowers are different , and the mica background is so effective using mica powders.
Thanks for demoing these techniques on Hochanda, such a brilliant channel for all crafts.
Love and crafty hugs
Tina T xxxx
Hi John, a stunning card, love the flowers. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteLovely card, very pretty.
ReplyDeleteMichele
I watched you demo this card John and simply feel in love with it. One I will definitely be trying xxx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John this is a gorgeous card I love the soft colours and the flowers are beautiful. Have a wonderful day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteA stunning card John so preety colours are lovely and the flowers are just perfect thank you
ReplyDeleteLove June Horrocks xxxxxx
A really pretty card John. Delicate colours and interesting techniques.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Hi John, love this card and the colours,maths flowers look really nice
ReplyDeleteKathyB
Fabulous card John. X
ReplyDeleteHi John, simply beautiful card. I love the way you have done the flowers, must try that one. Love Rosemarie x
ReplyDeleteMorning John, this is such a pretty card, and such a great technique
ReplyDeleteone I think I will have to try.
Wendyx
That's new -spreading PVA into acetate Something I will definitely be trying Love the dreamy delicate look of this card
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card again. Colours are gorgeous.
Hugs, Rose
I did see you demonstrate this and will have to have a go. The background looks so effective.
ReplyDeleteStill catching up with your shows - just watching the drink can flowers!
Anne (Northampton)
Loving this card )
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA great card.
B xx
Beautiful (and I'm an August child, hope I live up to your sentiment, although not sure about the graceful). SueL x
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteWow a stunning card today. I love the way you did the flowers & background.
I need to have a go at doing both techniques.
I'm late today, actually had a lie in until 8.30am lol. I'm up usually around 5am.
keep up the great work you are a inspiration to us all
Maggir
Morning John, Fabulous techniques and a fabulous card.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Good Morning John, this card is a lot prettier up close I did see you using this technique on Hochanda and wondered how it looked closer to, its a beautiful card. hugs Shirleyxxxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John
ReplyDeleteLove your pretty card.
Lydia
X
Gorgeous
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card as always John. Never had any joy with acetate but this has given me the inspiration to give it another go. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, love your acetate flowers and the lovely verse.
Hi John. A very pretty card for today's post. I particularly like the way you have done the background.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, I love the birthday stamps and the larkspur flowers are so pretty. I did try growing some from seed but my little dog dug them up so I may try again, failing that I could always make some.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
Lovely card john x saw your demo and loved it and great techniques x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Beautiful mother of pearl effect John. Pat x
ReplyDeleteLovely Beautiful card John, I really love your monthly verses, hugs Johanna
ReplyDeleteLovely Beautiful card John, I really love your monthly verses, hugs Johanna
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteDid think I'd commented on this but I'm going doolally lol!
Lovely effect with the PVA and mica. You can really see the pearly sheen.
Ang x
Just so beautiful, lovely verses,Kate x
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteI love the background, the verse is very sweet.
Hugs, T x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteNot been too well of late so missed yesterdays post. This is very pretty.
Anne M xxx
I absolutely love that background and the gorgeous colours.
ReplyDeletePerfect for highlighting you beautiful stamp verses.