Happy Friday,
Finishing the run of simple cards I thought id share another easy pixie powder card today. I love making the elegant and intricate cards that I do so often but sometimes its nice to make an easy card now and then!
As with Wednesdays card I stared with a piece of watercolour card which I added a mix of pixie powders to and spritzed with water to make them burst.
Next I dried the piece and embossed it with the eternal ivy embossing folder. I then added pearl lustre gilding polish over and buffed off the piece to make it shine. Buffing the golding polish makes the mica lay flat and removes any excess pigment allowing the colours underneath to shine. This picture shows perfectly what I mean as the pearl makes the embossing show above the powders but doesn't cover the colours underneath.
I stamped the Happy Anniversary stamp from my Nasturtium everyday sentiments clear stamp set onto coconut white card. I coloured the flowers using my Alcohol pens and cut out the image with the Antwerp die. I used the larger dies in the antwerp die set form white card and backed this with Primrose cut with just the outline die from the set.
A simple frame from primrose and bright white card made with the sue Wilson double pierced rectangles set A and B added. I finished with a messy bow and strip of ribbon made with seam binding coloured with more of the pixie powders.
Hopefully you've enjoyed this weeks trips into colour and simplicity
Enjoy...
Morning John, lovely colourful card on a miserable day xx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteVery pretty card today.Love the soft colours.
Jan
Lovely card. Sometimes simple is better.
ReplyDeleteD x
Morning John, fab card today, sorry must rush and get ready as out all day
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA lovely card. I love how you've used the pixie powders for your background and embossed it, it adds so much detail to an otherwise simple card.
B xx
Morning John, a gorgeous card love the pixie powders.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card, background great love the colours.
Simple but loves expensive
Love and crafty hugs
Tina T xxxx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteWhat a pretty colourful 'happy' sample you have for us this grey and dull morning, at least you've bought some sunshine to us through this sweet pixified delight.
Hope you have a nice day xx
Hi John, a beautiful and bright card. Love it. Bx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John this is a beautiful card. I do like simple cards. I think I am going to have to invest in some Pixie Powders. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John, great card. I am loving experimenting with the pixie powders. Have a great day. Love Rosemarie x
ReplyDeleteVery pretty card
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletethat trip into colour was most enjoyable. I LOVE this card.
Hugs, Rose
Lovely card, very pretty.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hello John.
ReplyDeleteLove the background and the stamp. I'm all for simplicity.
Jan
Northampton
Nice and colourful
ReplyDeleteCarol
Nice and colourful
ReplyDeleteCarol
Morning John, I love the simplicity of this card. The Pixie Powders are great and I really need to add to my collection oif them
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hi there John, beautiful colours on your card and the embossing is so pretty, fab design altogether, kate x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteA really pretty card, love the colours.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteA lovely card today, I have enjoyed our journey into colour.
You have shown me I need these pixie powders and soon ......lol
Thanks for the inspiration you have given us
Maggie
Good morning John great backing card and my favourite nasturtium die. Love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteLovely card John. I love the pixie powder backgrounds. Xx
ReplyDeleteLovely colourful card and pixie powders on ribbon, wow. SueL x
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteAnother pretty pixie powder background. Love it.
Lydia
X
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteIt came out nice. Love pixie powders.
Anne M xxx
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteNot a fan of the colour combos today but love the elegant simplicity of the design.
Have a great day.
Ang x
Good Morning John, fabulous card this morning that background looks stunning with your stamp. hugs Shirleyxxxxx
ReplyDeleteA simple design for any occasion.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Love your pixie background. Thank you for all the simple ideas this week, it's been great as not all of us have hours and hours spare to make cards, thank you.
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteThe card is so versatile, as are the pixie powders!
Have a great weekend
June
Morning John, I love this technique of the inky background and then embossing with a folder, so very effective.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Love this card John please keep doing the odd easy cards l love my hobby done for charity always could never achieve the beautiful work you and dear sue and Julia do.
ReplyDeleteSo when I see one I can do WOW!!!!!!
Thank you John love always xxxxxxxx
June Horrocks
Beautiful card and loving the background too!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Linda xxx
Love the background john the effects are amazing x fantastic card x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Hi John. Love the colours of this card. So nice and summery when the weather outside is grey and raining. This really is a case of less is more.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Bright and cheerful and I like the colours.
ReplyDeleteT
a fantastic card ,beautiful ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteFantastic! I must get some watercolour card and some pixie powders!
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card - pixies strike again! I'm late today but not too late to say thank you.
Myra X
Love this card John, the colours are super. I really must get some pixies. Pat x
ReplyDelete