Happy Saturday,
There are probably far too many pictures on todays post but I got a bit camera happy with this box. I made this box for my let lockers loose show to highlight a different technique with gilding fakes and I have to admit I love how it has come out.
I stared by covering all the parts of the MDF treasure box using fake and glitter glue and cut n dry foam. I left the glue for about 5 minutes to make the glue key to the surface. It takes a little bit longer on MDF to go off but the best way to tell is that the glue goes clear form a blueish colour.
Next I added Verdigris gilding flakes form Cosmic Shimmer and smoothed off the excess with Rubit Scrubit.
Next I covered the other side of each of the pieces then glued the box together using Cosmic Shimmer dries clear glue ( its great that the same glue I use for papercxrafts works just as well for MDF) Once together I used the flake and glitter highlighter to add gilding flakes to the edges that join the box.
I then added the metal corners from Creative Expressions again using cosmic shimmer glue.
I used some of the metal leaf embellishments in the centre. I then added gold silk roses and threaded some of the small metallic linx in gold around the centrepiece.
I hope you don't mind all these pictures!
Enjoy...
Morning John, the box is lovely no I don't mind all the photos xx
ReplyDeleteHi John. Don't mind all the photos at all, I'd loved this box when I saw it on your shows. Sue x
ReplyDeletePhotos are fine. Box is lovely. I'm not very good with gilding flakes so must practice. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteD x
Morning John, oh this is stunning, I saw it on Hochanda and thought what a lovely gift to give to someone.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteNever thought of using gilding flakes on mdf must give it a try.
Beautiful box.
Jan
Morning John, loved this box when you showed it on Hochanda and the more pictures the better.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteBrilliant Thank you.
Take care Kitty.
Hi John
ReplyDeletewhat a stunning box thanks tracyw xxx
What a lovely project - still catching up with last week's shows!
ReplyDeleteJann
Northampton
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteFabulous box. I admired it on the TV. will be doing this for some Christmas boxes for gifts. Will start now!
Anne M xxx
Wow John this is stunning I love it. It looks so beautiful. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteStunning gift box, really beautiful.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely beautiful box, I love the roses on the top and we can never have too many photos of your projects.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteA beautiful box, love it.
Lydia
X
Hi John,
ReplyDeletesumptuous, luscious, beautiful. I love it.
Hugs, Rose
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteI love what you have done to this box,
I bet it took a while to do all the gilding.
I am going to get a MDF box today so I can have a go at this.
Thanks for the inspiration you have given.
Maggie
A gorgeous box John I m glad you showed some great techniques I must admit I have gilding flakes but very rarely use them but you have given me more confidence especially with the glue as that always concerned me x
ReplyDeleteThanks John xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteThe box looks gorgeous, a real treasure box.
B xx
Good morning John would never have thought of using flakes in this way. Beautiful box. Love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteHi John. I loved this box when I saw it on your show. I have a week nests for de orating boxes, so will definitely be giving this technique a go. Love Rosemarie x
ReplyDeleteI don't mind all these pictures as its such a beautiful box and with your how to I'm going to have a go at this. I love it. Luv jxxx
ReplyDeleteWatched the show with this on yesterday. It's beautiful.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Morning John, just love this box will be having a go at using gilding flakes on MDF hopefully it will turn out something like yours.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Such a beautiful box. I thought so when I saw it on Hochanda. A few months ago my sister used gilding flakes and flake and glitter glue to gild the frame of a mirror. It was a huge success and looks beautiful. Amazing what you can do!
ReplyDeleteHi John. What a great idea to use gilding flakes in this way, I would never have thought of it. It certainly makes the box look so opulent.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
I don't mind all the photos at all It is stunning My gilding flakes have been a bit redundant recently - now they'll be the next thing I craft with
ReplyDeleteTotally exquisite ! well done John.)
ReplyDeleteSaw this on tele thought it was beautiful love it
ReplyDeleteThank you John
Love June Horrocks xxxx
Admired this box when you were on tv. Fab. SueL x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteYou Were Truly Tremendous On Hochanda I Gained So Much Knowledge From Yourself.... I'm Taping All Phill's Show's Today....
Hugs From Sam xxx
John, love this. Really stylish. Loved the shows this week.
ReplyDeleteJohn, love this. Really stylish. Loved the shows this week.
ReplyDeleteLove it
ReplyDeleteCarol
Hi John
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely gorgeous!
June :)
Hi John, This is gorgeous, I love the Verdigris gilding flakes, so effective.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteIt's a gorgeous box! I loved it when I saw it on the Show. I have never put gilding flakes on MDF - I will now. Thank you!
Myra x
John this is an absolutely stunning box, love the richness of the gilding flakes.
ReplyDeleteThis is a perfect gift.
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteStunning way to decorate a box and I can't imagine a gift that it could contain, that would outshine this beautiful packaging.
Best wishes.
Ang x
Absolutely fantastic hugs Johanna
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely fantastic hugs Johanna
ReplyDeleteGorgeous box John. Love it. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteStunning box John, saw it on your show. TFS
ReplyDeleteMaria x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteSuch a fab result on this box! I very impressed with how it looks
June :)