I thought I had shared this card with you all however after a look through my blog for the last 3 months I cant find it. Therefore I apologise if you have seen this already!
This was one of the first cards I made with the double pierced oval dies designed by Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions. As I am sure you know I have a soft spot for Ovals ( still loving the Austrian Collection!) I love the way that this set will match with previous Oval sets released by Sue but this in perfectly, as used here, with the Geneva die from the Swiss Collection.
I teamed frames form the double pierced cut in varying sizes in periwinkle and coconut white and the dies in the geneva set. The large band of piercing comes from the Geneva set which has this large oval with the random pierced elements around it.
The main feature of this card is the fan on the base which is the easiest part!
To make the fan I simply cut the larger die from the ornamental accents die ( from the configurations collection) in coconut white. I the cut just the outline form periwinkle and added the two together. I repeated this until I had 5 of the fan shapes and then 'hooked' them together to make the fan effect. This happens quite easily honest!
Tons of pearls and pearl strips, a set of messy bows in silky crush white and bluebird thin satin ribbon to embellish. Next I made this into a large ( almost A4 in size I'm afraid) with an embossed layer and a few mats and layers.
A complex looking card that is worth the effort!
Enjoy...
Morning John, absolutely gorgeous today's card, I haven't seen it before anyway, but I am glad that you shared it with us xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, a beautiful card don't remember seeing it before.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John
ReplyDeletewhat a stunning card love the colours and the dies thank you tracyw x
Hi John
ReplyDeletea lovely card Thank you.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Hi John
ReplyDeleteWow what a beautiful card.
Anne M xxx
Good morning John liking the fan though if the whole card is A4 then it will also be quite big as well! Never mind it's a wonderful creation love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, love the colours Marion S
ReplyDeleteHi John. This truly would be a card for someone very special. Love how you've made the fan and the colour is gorgeous. Sue x
ReplyDeleteHi John, a really beautiful and creative card, love it all, and even if you had posted it previously, it is worthy of a second showing. have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteWow this card is stunning, the pierced noble dies are a must for every crafter they make cards look extra special.
Proof is this card.
Wonderful
Thanks for sharing
Oh and I received my tree stamps & die sets yesterday will be having a play with them later today.
Maggie
A fab card John. Love the fan
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card, love the colour.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA gorgeous card and I love the fan. Don't remember seeing this card.
B xx
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I love the design and like you I love ovals. I don't remember seeing this card before thank you for sharing. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteCertainly don't remember seeing this card before but it's a great card so thank you for sharing.
D x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely stunning card, love the ovals and the fan, they give such an elegant look and the colours are beautiful.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
Hi John. This is a beautiful card, reminds me of a piece of Wedgewood. Love Rosemarie x
ReplyDeleteMorning John, just one word Wow. I am so glad that you managed to find it and gave it its day in the spotlight. Its beautiful.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Stunning card John. The fan is gorgeous. Xx
ReplyDeleteHi John, lovely card and I like the dies also the way you have made the fan
ReplyDeleteKathyB
Good Morning John that is one beautiful card and those dies really look fabulous, love your colour choice to. hugs Shirleyxxxxx
ReplyDeleteHi John, lovely card and the Austrian dies always remind me of those gorgeous palaces they have, the New Year's concert from Vienna and those wonderful to dance Viennese waltzes.
ReplyDeleteBut haven't got off any of Sue's dies, don't think I shall, either. Thanks for the tip about teaming the different dies up.
Hugs, Rose
Absolutely beautiful John. I love everything about that card. Glad you showed it to us.
ReplyDeleteCan't have too many pearls as far as I am concerned. They do give cards a lift. SueL x
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteJust gorgeous.
Lydia
X
Morning John, This is really lovely, I'm loving the die with lots of piercing, very effective, and also how you have made the 'fan'.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Loving this card John I haven't seen it before the ovels are on my wish list it's lovely to see them on a card
ReplyDeleteThank you John love June Horrocks xxxxxxxx
Wow, another clever way with the dies
ReplyDeleteLove this card
Carol
STUNNING xxx
ReplyDeleteI haven't seen this before John, it's gorgeous hugs Johanna
ReplyDeleteI haven't seen this before John, it's gorgeous hugs Johanna
ReplyDeleteA really gorgeous card John! I love blue and white or cream . The ovals look lovely. I only have the squares and feel the rectangles are too big so it's ether ovals or circles! Think I prefer the ovals! Thank you.
ReplyDeleteLove Myra
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLove This Wonderful Card
Hugs From Sam xxx
Hi John, Wow I absolutely love the cards from yesterday and today,the colour combo is beautiful,and the finished result is breathtaking. Just love them Love Barbara D xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteToday's card is certainly a WOW, it's stunning!
June :)
Good afternoon John. Stunning card love it ❤❤
ReplyDeleteGood afternoon John. Stunning card love it ❤❤
ReplyDeleteVery effective, xxx
ReplyDeleteGood afternoon John,
ReplyDeleteOh this is so pretty John and done in a friends favourite colour would be so lovely as it is so feminine with the fans on the bottom of the focal point just standing out proudly with my favourite stone, pearls all around to give a stunning effect. Thank you flower for such a bonnie card.
Love and crafty hugs
Norah (Glenochil )
It certainly looks like it's worth the effort Spectacular result I have 2 oval dies -one being Becca Feakin Filigree Delights (I think that's the name) I definitely need to get some more
ReplyDeleteA really blue week - love the colours.
ReplyDeleteMany thanks,
Sue Mac
Gorgeous fan, love the design and beautiful colour.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Linda xxx
Hi John. Blue and white again today, I am being spoilt. Like you, I am fond of ovals too as I think they look more elegant than circles (I wonder if this is because I am too fat and would rather be more slim!!!)
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
I adore fan cards and this is beautiful, thank you. Luv jxxx
ReplyDeleteI adore fan cards and this is beautiful, thank you. Luv jxxx
ReplyDeleteHi John. Sorry I don't post very often but I always check your blog every day as I love your samples. Your shows on tv are also so instructional too. This card is beautiful. I love the way you have used the dies to create a fan effect and I love the colour too. Really enjoying using your stamps and paper pad. They are becoming a firm favourite and my "go to" items when I craft (along with Sue's dies of course).
ReplyDeleteA gorgeous card John.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
A beautiful card John. Just love it. Thank you for sharing it with us.
ReplyDeleteHi John, just got home sorry did not comment on the blogs until now but the wifi was terrible at the hotel complex, (it is always bad on the Isle of Wight).
ReplyDeleteHowever you have made a beautiful card here, love it and yes I did purchase the ovals but in all honesty I have not used them so you have given inspiration, and love the fan too.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteJust trying to catch up. Terrific Wedgewoody style card. Great design.
Ang x