One of my favourite cards using the Lattice Background die that I love so much!
I cut the lattice section twice, once in periwinkle and once again in bright white foundation card. I then offset these to make the argyle pattern and added a frame, using the stitched rectangles in the set, in the bright white.
Next I cut the gillian die in white and backed it with blue studding it with pearls. I cut the lace edged leaves and added these before adding the requisite poppies. For the poppies I cut each size die rice and edged them with Frosted Sky colour cloud blending ink with a mini smoothie. I shed the petals and made up the flowers using different sized petals for each flowers. I cut the centres, coloured them with the same colour cloud and shed these before adding them in the centre with a pearl.
I embossed a large panel with the floral brocade embossing folder and highlighted the embossing with Pearl Lustre metallic gilding polish. A few more layers of whiote and periwinkle, pearl corners and stick on pearls and finished.
Enjoy...
Morning John, absolutely gorgeous today's card xx
ReplyDeleteJohn,
ReplyDeleteI love today's card. Brilliant.
D x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteWhat a pretty card. I love the flower section. I haven't used my poppy yet . must get it out as you use it in so many ways. lovely!
Anne M xxx
Hi John
ReplyDeletewhat a stunning card love the colours and the dies thank you tracyw x
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteA real beauty Thank you.
Take care Kitty.
What a gorgeous card John. Clever use of the lattice die and a pretty floral element.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Hi John, what a beautiful card. Love the offset lattice, very effective. Bx
ReplyDeleteI love this card John and the lattice background looks great! How clever!
ReplyDeleteMaggie B xx
Hi John. Gorgeous card, love the offset lattice and the hint of blue on the poppies. Sue x
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card just love your way of using the lattice twice for the background.
Jan
Gorgeous card and that poppy die is becoming my favourite flower die and will have to purchase this. Marion S.
ReplyDeleteMorning John, a beautiful card love this lattice background die.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Stunning
ReplyDeleteCarol
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteI agree with you this card is beautiful. I too love the lattice die set.
No crafting until this evening for me I a, babysitting our youngest Grandchikdren.
Enjoy your day
Maggie
Lovely card John. Will have to try the argyle look myself, it is fab
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, truly gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I love the lattice background I must use it more. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John, I love this card and the colours, the lattice die is really a nice die
ReplyDeleteReally beautiful )
ReplyDeleteHi John, beautiful card, I love the way you have shadowed the lattice. Love Rosemarie x
ReplyDeleteGreat card John. Love the double lattice effect. Hope youare well. Hugs Christine xx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA lovely card.
B xx
Morning John am on isle of Wight ferry, thinking of everyone.
ReplyDeleteLovely card one of my all time
favourites
Stay safe healthy and happy hugs June smith xxx
Hi John, stunner of a card, love that lattice die and what you've done with it.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Rose
Great card, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Fabulous Card John, will be having a go at this one.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteStunning card, love the way that you have used the lattice die and periwinkle is one of my favourite colours.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteA gorgeous card, love the double lattice very effective.
Lydia
X
What a beautiful card. Love the lattice!
ReplyDeleteLove the colours John,what a stylish card, just what l like. Love to see your cards each day. I don't often post but always look and marvel at your talent. Kind regards Sandra
ReplyDeleteLove the colours John,what a stylish card, just what l like. Love to see your cards each day. I don't often post but always look and marvel at your talent. Kind regards Sandra
ReplyDeleteHi John a beautiful card truly lovely thank you June Horrocks xxxxxx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John very pretty card love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteThe lattice die is so effective makes the card look stunning. Luv jxxx
ReplyDeleteHi John. What a lovely card using my favourite colours again. I haven't got this die yet but it is moving up on my wish list!
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteA really beautiful card and the offset lattice die cuts look really effective! Still catching up on last week's Shows! Just had to order those gorgeous embossing powders! Loved what you did with those. The tree and embossing folder looked gorgeous! Thank you.
Love Myra
Hi John,
ReplyDeletewhat a very superb card today.
I love this very super design, and the colours.
Crafty Regards. Jenny L.
What a stunning card xx
ReplyDeleteWhat a stunning card xx
ReplyDeleteGorgeous design, love the lattice die and beautiful embellishment.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Linda xxx
Beautiful card john x I love what you have done with the lattice its gorgeous x thankyou john x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Good Afternoon John I hope you didnt miss me to much I really did miss visiting you and this card is just stunning, I love your colour combo to. hugs Shirleyxxxxx
ReplyDeleteGood afternoon John,
ReplyDeletei like when you make cards like this as they look so intricate but are so acheiveable by all. Now although i don't have these lattice dies, i do have others that i could use and the pansies i think make this a card that could go to our male partners and friends as well as our female ones. It is a gorgeous card John in your favourite colour but shows up all the detail to perfection. Thank you flower for a fantastic card that is so useful for so many occasions.
love and crafty hugs
Norah (glenochil)
John this is gorgeous, i love the lattice overlay.
ReplyDeleteAnd the gorgeous colour you have done this in.
This is just perfect and so is the love flower.
Really love this one too.
fab card love the lattice die ,so pretty ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteLove what you have done with the lattice die. Lovely blue too.
ReplyDeleteSueL x
stunning card
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteI love how you've used Sue's a Lattice die. It's one of my favourites. I've been away and love all the cards I've missed. Especially the foil ones.
Beautiful card John the colours are gorgeous hugs Johanna
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John the colours are gorgeous hugs Johanna
ReplyDeleteBeautiful I love blue too! I love the fact that it all works so well in blue I'd "by passed" this Lattice die as I already own the more ornate one - name escapes me at mo but I think I must re-visit this one because I love that effect
ReplyDeleteHi John, This is stunning, and the flowers are gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Beautiful card John. Off setting the dies is really effective. Thank you for your ideas.
ReplyDeleteHi John This Truly Outstanding I Love This Card......
ReplyDeleteHugs From Sam xxx
Ab fab John, love it, xxx
ReplyDelete