Happy Wednesday,
A simple to make card today that looks like it took a lot longer!
I started by making a pixie powder background onto watercolour card using midnight blue, teal wash and peacock. Once dry I cut this down to an A5 size and embossed t with the Rose Blooms pinpoint embossing folder which added the additional texture and the roses. To bring the embossing to the front i rubbed over the surface with the Cosmic Shimmer metallic gilding polish in Pearl Lustre. I then cut a panel for the front of this card using the number 2 die in the Australian background die.
Next I cut the number one die in the Australian set form a piece of coconut white foundation card cut bigger than the die. I mounted this onto baby Blue card and added mats an players of the white and blue to frame the card.
I stamped the peony from my Peony elements clear stamp set adding one of the sentiments from the set as well. I coloured the flower with my Alcohol pens and cut this out leaving a strip with the sentiment. I mounted this with more of the blue and simply added this across the front.
Although it may not look it its a simple card to pull together Honest lol
Enjoy...
Morning John, this is gorgeous love the colours.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Love this card John. Love the colour too.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteThis has worked out really well. I love the colours and the card.
Anne M xxx
Love these colours
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletethe colours are luscious! Right up my street. Card is beautiful, anyone would be chuffed to receive it.
Hugs, Rose
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLovely card, rose background looks lovely in these colours.
Love and crafty hugs
Tina T xxxx
Morning John, oh wow what a beautiful colour burst you have crated on this card, wonderful, love it.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John. Gorgeous card, the background colours remind me of the Mediterranean sea. Sue x
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteSometimes less is best.Each element of this card stands out the colour,the flower and the embossing.
Beautiful.
Jan
Simple but beautiful John. Sometimes less is more.
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely day xx
Hi John, very pretty, I love the varying shades you have achieved. Just proves you don't always need complicated. Love Rosemarie x
ReplyDeleteHi John, a very lovely and effective card, beautiful colours. Bx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John this is a gorgeous card I love the design the colours and the dies are amazing. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John, a very pretty card with the colours you have used it is very effective with the embossing folder you've used
ReplyDeleteKathyB
Lovely card, gorgeous background.
ReplyDeleteMichele
A lovely card John I must use my pixie powders more.xx
ReplyDeleteA lovely card John I must use my pixie powders more.xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteWow a beautiful vibrant card today, I love it.
I must get the pixie powders and give them a try.
Thanks for sharing
Maggie
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card. I love the colours and how the gilding polish brings out tbe detail of the embossing.
B xx
I just love the background John. A very pretty card.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
I think the background is so vibrant,it really draws the eye and then embossing it just takes it into gorgeous! Love the whole design, thank you. Luv jxxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card.
Lydia
X
Hi John love this card the burst of colour is beautiful thank you
ReplyDeleteLove June Horrocks xxxx
Gorgeous
ReplyDeleteCarol
Those pixie powders are calling me! I love the card and such an effective background I still need a bit of help with the polish I'll email you at some point to explain and hopefully you can tell me where I'm going wrong xx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John such a vibrant mix of colour but a beautiful card love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeletegreat bsckground ,lovely card ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteVery pretty. The vibrant background is superb.
My blog card today features the exact same Peony sentiment........we must be telepathetic lol!
Ang x
I am booked on Julia's Masterclass on Pixie Powders at CE Towers and am really looking forward to learning how to do this sort of background. Love the card.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Good Morning John oh wow that is truly stunning I love the way youve embossed the background it really pops of the card and the flower is gorgeous. hugs Shirleyxxxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John. Love the background using the Pixie Powders. I haven't got any of these yet. I am trying not to buy any more crafting stuff as the house is still on the market (9 months so far) and everything is packed away to help with viewings. If I don't sell it soon I am just going to give in and get some more crafty goodies.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Wow, that background really lights up. Great card. SueL x
ReplyDeleteWhat a superb embossed background and the vibrant pearly colours are wonderful. It's a gorgeous card John, Kate 😉x
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful card John, I love our embossed panel.
ReplyDeleteSorry, "your" ! So annoying corrective text.
ReplyDeleteStunning card John, love the background gorgeous colours
ReplyDeleteMorning John, fabulous card, love the way you have created the background.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Beautiful card john x love the colours and texture of the background x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Stunning card John. The background is gorgeous. Xx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card. Love the colours.
ReplyDeleteT
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteA really lovely card - love this embossing folder but haven't tried using it in conjunction with the Pixie Powders! Love them too! Will give this a try. Thank you!
Myra x
Hi John, Gorgeous !!
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
John this is another gorgeous card with a stunning background. I love those beautiful colours.
ReplyDeleteThis is stunning John. Thank you for sharing this with us.
ReplyDelete